Who's line is it...anyway?

BEAR

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
Oh, sorry BEAR.
What's the name of the host in the UK show? I never get to see it anywhere anymore.

Clive Anderson hosted the UK show, Drew Carey the US show.

Colin Mochrie, Ryan Stiles and Greg Proops were all from the original UK show.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
Agreed.

When I first started watching the show, I was more amazed at Wayne's witty and funny lines, and how he came up with them so fast than at his singing talent.
All of the performers got better at the singing skits, or the hoedowns as the show progressed, and it's cool to be able to see episodes from the beginning of the show and some from the end to see how much better they have gotten.
Agreed on all counts. I used to really like Wayne, and I always thought he was the funniest cast member, mostly because of his work with "Song Styles". However, as time has progressed, Colin has become my favorite, with Greg Proops in a very, very, very close second. However, I have always thought Ryan did the best work on the Hoedowns; ironic, as he hates to do them!

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Agreed on all counts. I used to really like Wayne, and I always thought he was the funniest cast member, mostly because of his work with "Song Styles". However, as time has progressed, Colin has become my favorite, with Greg Proops in a very, very, very close second. However, I have always thought Ryan did the best work on the Hoedowns; ironic, as he hates to do them!
Yeah, his verses are always the best ones. Good thing he is last to go because his is sort of the sweet icing on the cake. I wonder why he hates doing the hoedown.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, wouldn't you hate it if you had to sing in it every episode about a stupid subject?

That Announcer

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Well, wouldn't you hate it if you had to sing in it every episode about a stupid subject?
Absolutely. Personally, I'm with most of the cast in not liking the Hoedown that much. Why? It's used too much. Throw in a World's Worst every once in a while, for God's sake!

muppetsforever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
How is Brad Sherwood overrated? To be honest, I think it is the opposite. He's a funny guy. I like him a lot, but I don't think he is overly praised or anything. The most we see of him is on Whose Line approx every other week.
I love the show. Use to watch it every week with my family when it was on ABC. I still watch it sometimes on ABC Family. I like the core group of players, the regulars--Ryan, Colin, Wayne, Greg, Brad, and Chip is pretty good too. I am not crazy about most of their guests, especially Denny Seigel and Kathy Greenwood. Sorry. This is not meant to be sexist, but I find NONE of the women that perform on the show funny. It seems so forced like they are trying to hard. I think Colin will always be one of my favorites. He never fails to make me laugh, even when he messes up or isn't trying. He is just such a silly man.

Also, another weird side note. I turned on the show yesterday and found a recent ex girlfriend as one of the people from the audience asked to help in a sketch. Totally bizarre and extremely surprised.
i agree with the women performers thing.....there was something about them that just didn't click with the rest of the group. Plus, kathy greenwood is funny, but she does get on my nerves ever so slightly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
THE TRUTH COMES OUT!!!!!!!!

If you read interviews, or get information from other Whosers saying that it was Kathy Greenwood's own choice to not participate in hoedowns, or other singing games...IT'S NOT TRUE!!!

Kathy herself said in a letter to one of my moderators at the KGZ forum that the producers wouldn't let her do those games. And in a recent e-mail to him from Laura Hall, Laura basically said the same thing.

Now am I the only one who thinks this is kinda unfair? I mean, they let just about everyone else do all kinds of singing songs, so why make Kathy sit out? She even said she wanted to do them too!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey! I just thought of somethign Snowthy!!! Have you ever seen the MC version of Whose Line? Try a MC search for it! It was hosted by Super Scooter.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Random, but my favorite.. is now Ryan.. He keeps such a straight face when performing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ryan has NO expression! He's always so expression-less! And girls are ALWAYS talking about him!