Why did they cancel Muppets Tonight so quickly?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Audiences reacted rather poorly to the movie previews in every theater I saw it play. That might have had something to do with it. That and the fact that Star Trek has had so many different incarnations that some people are just bored of it. Maybe they should take a rest and come back. Just a thought. I liked the first couple of movies.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Audiences reacted rather poorly to the movie previews in every theater I saw it play. That might have had something to do with it. That and the fact that Star Trek has had so many different incarnations that some people are just bored of it. Maybe they should take a rest and come back. Just a thought. I liked the first couple of movies.
they did take a rest for 4 years...the last star trek movie was in 98 and this one came out in 2002, but i say the reason why the movie is doing so poorly is because it came out in the worst time cause lord of the rings came out a few days later, followed by catch me if you can and gangs of new york.......

ryan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The fact that there are 5 different Star Trek shows (one of them current) playing every day in syndication is what I am talking about. I think the poor ratings of the new show didn't help inspire non-fans to see the movie - even though one has little to do with the other. But I must admit to being rather sick of Star Trek these days. They seem over exposed IMHO. I think other people might feel the same.

Movies205

Reaction score
Not overexpose just not using it potential.... They need a new fresh star trek show like Deep Space Nine....

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Exactly!

Oh, and frogboy4, in New York State, not a SINGLE STATION shows Star Trek. Nowhere in New York State. Used to be on a Denver channel, but no more.

I know, Denver's not in New York. :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
UPN is nationally playing Star Trek Enterprise. I doublt the New York affiliates have dropped the program.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Star Trek is still on UPN in New York. I think he meant that there are no stations that play reruns of old Star Trek series. Although that isn't true either. UPN plays Voyager on sunday at 6pm, in the tri states area that is.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Movies205
Not overexpose just not using it potential.... They need a new fresh star trek show like Deep Space Nine....
i thought deep space nine was the best star trek show....characters like garak, gul dukat, quark, etc. made it a great show to watch....although i got tired of sisko winning a little to muchm and they should have promoted obrien from a chief petty officer to something like lieutenant commander or something like that since he was the chief engineer and knew more about starship operations, etc. than bashir or the 2 women who played dax..

ryan

Movies205

Reaction score
That what I'm saying.... I also like Star Trek Voyager...

I seriously think they should do a show with a bunch of short stories... from species across the galaxy... Like one could be about a day in the average cardsasian person...

WiGgY

Reaction score
I'm kind of dissappointed that they went back in time instead of forward. I guess there is only so much you can do with a story when you keep going forward in time. I've adjusted to "Enterprise" and not having shields or widely used transporters. I would like to see a Voyager movie though. That was a great cast and I think a movie would be cool.