Why don't most people like "Muppet Treasure Island"?

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Seriously, I get your point, but I can't see how MFS was any better? There were no original songs and most of the jokes (aside from Pepe's) fell pretty flat.
You know, that's a good question. I don't even know why I rate MFS over MTI. But when it comes down to MTI and MFS, MFS is usually the one that goes in the VCR, and MTI collects dust...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
How about the "classic three" - TMM TGMC TMTM?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Emmy,

I think the only reason i would choose Muppets From Space over Muppet Treasure Island is because we get to see alot of Classic Muppets in the Boarding House, And Scooter makes a cameo.
Oh and Pepe ofcourse...

But on the whole i think Muppet Treasure Island is better than Muppets From Space.

See ya

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
How about the "classic three" - TMM TGMC TMTM?
TGMC is my favorite Muppet movie. I love the songs, and it's rather silly. For me that make it fun to watch (although I'm not saying that the other movies aren't "fun", it's just with this movie I'm constantly giggling or smiling). Plus I think some nostalgia is involved. When I was little, I was not a big fan of the "classic Muppets" (but I loved the Muppet Babies, go figure), but this was the only Muppet movie that I would watch.

Coming in at a close second is TMM. It's funny, and has great songs. Plus it has that whole "classicy" feel. But somehow it comes in second.

TMTM is last in the "classic movies", but I'd probably rate it 4th overall (behind MCC). The songs are good, and it's funny, but when I watch it, it just feels like something is missing. Plus, I think it suffers from "reverse nostalgia". That is, when I was little, I did not like this movie. In my mind, I actually used this movie to show why I didn't like the "older Muppets". But now I've "grown up" (I don't think I'll ever really "grow up" :smile: ), and I'm probably too stubborn to let it move up to number 3 overall. I can just be weird like that... :smile:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Warrick

Originally posted by *Warrick*
I think the only reason i would choose Muppets From Space over Muppet Treasure Island is because we get to see alot of Classic Muppets in the Boarding House, And Scooter makes a cameo.
Oh and Pepe ofcourse...

But on the whole i think Muppet Treasure Island is better than Muppets From Space.

See ya
You know, I've basically given up trying to figure out why I like MFS more than MTI. For me, that's just one of the mysteries of the universe...

:smile:

Jackie

Reaction score
I too like MFS better than MTI...I think if the two were combined...like with original songs in MTI with the funny Muppety style and jokes in MFS it would make one awesome movie.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
I too like MFS better than MTI...I think if the two were combined...like with original songs in MTI with the funny Muppety style and jokes in MFS it would make one awesome movie.
Plus pirates. I'm sure a few pirates wouldn't hurt.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

:smile:

Jessie

Reaction score
-Jamie-

I have never seen any of the Muppets Tonight stuff, a little ahead of my time.

As for the Classic Muppet movies, I have the DVD of the Great Muppet Caper and the VHS of The Muppets Take Manhattan. MTI? What does that stand for...?

I like Fozzie in older 2.
*Kermit...what does B.S.C stand for?...I read the one with Dear Abby in it."* LOL...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I do like Muppets From Space. In fact, I've got a great idea for a post.......

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jessie-

MTI stands for Muppet Treasure Island. Eeek! you don't have The classic Muppet Movie? I really feel it's the best of the series. Have you seen it?