1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Why is Bert not on Sesame Street much anymore?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by TejaMalhi, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

You know I hated Ernie but Loved Bert when I was little.:(
  2. How did the title of this thread change?
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I updated it. Thought it was clearer now.
  4. How about in future Journey to Ernie segments, they replace Big Bird with Bert?
  5. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

Or better yet, replace Journey To Ernie segments with regular Ernie And Bert skits.
  6. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Bert is still around, they just hardly ever show him anymore cause kids like Ernie a lot better, and kids can identify with Ernie better.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sesame Workshop is teaming up with National Geographic to produce a new one-hour special featuring Ernie and Bert. The special finds the duo travelling around the world,kind of similar to the "Global Grover" segments.
  7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I've seen that one a few days ago. That was a good one. I wonder if that was Frank or Eric who performed Bert. Oh well, any way I think they're showing Bert a little bit more this season then they did last season.
  8. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

That would be a good idea. Or, I might have mentioned this before, but they could maybe replace JTE with Ernie's Show and Tell instead of showing that segment after JTE. Then maybe there will be more of a chance we'd see a vintage Bert and Ernie skit after the show and tell segment. Just a thought.
  9. FragglettesMom

FragglettesMom New Member

Ernie and Bert skits

I agree, we need more vintage Ernie and Bert !! THat is the best thing about Play With Me Sesame- lots of Ernie and Bert.