Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yes, Rocko's Modern Life on DVD at last. I've been waiting a very long time for this to happen. I'll definitely pick it up - and for $13 on Amazon it's virtually a steal! :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
NO WAY! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Lol, can you tell how happy I am about that? XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
Crap! I wanted to bring the good news.

This is indeed a good sign. I sure hope CatDog or Angry Beavers is next... and I hope it has a nice bunch of special features too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ohhhh wait...

I just happened to think...

What are the chances of the episodes being released on DVD UNedited? :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ohhhh wait...

I just happened to think...

What are the chances of the episodes being released on DVD UNedited? :embarrassed:

It all depends on what Viacom wants to do. I HOPE they realize the age of the target demographic for this release and give us those episodes uncut.

What I'm more interested in is seeing special features. Interview Tom Kenny in between Spongebob episodes or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I bet Joe Murray must be ecstatic, considering he's been trying to buy back the rights to Rocko for a while now for this very reason: so fans can have official, legit DVD releases; I understand he was well aware that there were bootlegs being sold and such, but was happy that "SOMEBODY is giving the fans what they want."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope he can step in and do something for a bonus feature, and especially to keep the dirty jokes in the show.

But this is great anyway. Now I don't have to shell out a fortune for those lousy MOD's.

I hope Arnold, Angry Beavers, and Fairly OddParents get full season retail treatments. FOP only had part of season 6.

Drtooth

Reaction score
BUMP:

A press release for this set spoke of 3 other titles in consideration:
Paramount Home Entertainment, Nickelodeon and Shout! Factory today announced a sub-licensing agreement that will give Shout! Factory rights to distribute DVD and Blu-ray releases of some of Nick's classic animated programs, including The Wild Thornberrys, Hey Arnold, Danny Phantom, Aaaah! Real Monsters, and Rocko's Modern Life in the United States and Canada.

So Hey Arnold, Danny Phantom, and AAAH! Real Monsters are also confirmed. No word on Beavers or CatDog, but the HIGHLY underrated "Monsters" (Klasky Csupo's BEST Nicktoon, I feel) will be made at some point. I just hope these do well enough to A) continue the series until the end and B) garner more titles.

Also, there's word that a block of TeenNick programming WILL feature reruns of older Nicktoons. Words cannot describe the irony of teen and tween programming having more cartoons than the children's line up, but I'm not looking that gift horse in the mouth... even though I DON'T have cable and am unable to enjoy that.