1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Will Muppet Babies ever be released to DVD?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Oliver, Oct 2, 2003.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I agree. :)
  2. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

what are disney's plans, now that they want to make Kermie as big as Mickey and Pooh?

BJ
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*shiver*

If they can make him as big as Pooh (Don't take that the wrong way folks ;) ), I'll be happy, BUT if they lose the integrity of the character the way they did with Pooh...

...it would be, shall we say, :attitude: a disaster.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Actually, Disney DID release Gargoyls to DVD. I felt that was pretty random, though. I mean, I'd expect at least Ducktales to be release by now (or in a year... it'll be the 20th anniversary).

Muppet Babies may/may not come to DVD depending on if Dis finds it marketable. And if they do, they better not use the edited syndication prints like they did with the 90's video releases.

I mean, if Henson still had the Muppets, there'd be a bigger possibility. With Disney.... you just NEEEEVER know what's gonna happen!
  5. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Gargoyls to DVD? Pah! Don't care for Gargoyls! Sorry for those who do, i just didn't like the show that much, but i did watch it, i'm not saying it was a bad show, but to me it's nothing compaired to DuckTales, Gargoyls don't seem Disney to me but more WB in my opintion. Wait where they with WB first? why do i have they feeling that they were? i can't remember where the show first aird? Fox? or WB?
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Gargoyles was made by Disney, and aired in syndication with the Disney Afternoon. From what I heard, the fans were badgering Disney to release it on DVD. How their clucking was louder than Ducktales fans, I'll never know. But if they can release such an obscure show, they certainly could release a show with a popular Disney Character as the star. Scrooge McDuck, Chip and Dale, and Baloo at the least.
  7. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

8. MeepEeep

MeepEeep New Member

The reason Ren & Stimpy was reissued, was because Nickelodeon felt the show was too adult to be on their station. So they canned John Kricfaulsi, the creator, and made milder (and by most people's accounts, lamer) versions of Ren & Stimpy shows.

So the DVD set out for Ren & Stimpy now is the uncut shows, that were censored over time by Nickelodeon.

The same story with Invader Zim, by the way. Nick thought the show was too adult for a kids' audience. Frankly, you would think Jhonen Vasquez would've market the show to like Adult Swim. Alot of the humor on Invader Zim is based on horror films.

Also, who here loves GIR?