Wish me luck...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, I quit this one job this morning. Ugh. It was the most soul-sucking, non-creative, plastic personality sort of job I have ever held. The title was intriguing (visual merchandiser) but misleading. The actual job bit.

This was the position that was supposed to float me while I took on the odd freelance positions. I'm thinking of going a different rout. It just bites that this didn't work out. :frown: The biggest issue is that it was sucking all the time away from my freelance gigs that I can actually use in my portfolio. One that allows me to make connections.

I'd only been there three days. I have never really quit anything like this in my life. I'm more of a fighter when it comes to adversity. I just knew that this was the right decision for me and don't believe in wasting anyone's time or effort.

The manager's rude tone (when I was being very polite about the situation) served to confirm my decision. I was still on in an instructional capacity, so I don't see the big deal. However, they are understaffed and there is definitely a reason why. I didn't complain once about the job to her, but she was quite snippy. This sort of two-faced approach to people was one of my biggest issues with the position. When engaging people in conversation on a professional level, I am always tactful and appropriate, but never overbearing or less than genuine. Apparently, that's what they wanted. :grouchy:

There are many other opportunities out there. Some I found this week! I know my dream job won't happen overnight, but I don't need one that acts as a vampire to all of my senses and dignity. It's just not worth it.

Please keep wishing me luck. I need it. :sympathy:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Aaaaaaw...Poor Jamie....It stinks to have to quit that soon, especially when you put so much hope into it, I know....(I had to quit a job after only a week, once!) But hang in there, and the right job'll come along for you.

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
There are many other opportunities out there. Some I found this week! I know my dream job won't happen overnight, but I don't need one that acts as a vampire to all of my senses and dignity. It's just not worth it.

Please keep wishing me luck. I need it. :sympathy:
Hey Jamie, my thoughts are with you as well, keep your great attitude and hopefully that job will fall right in your lap.:wink: Figuratively, of course.:halo:

Deb:flirt:

PS hopefully the market will be better in two years when I get my degree. Of course, in Tucson, there's no telling where I'll end up. Love the job I have now, and the people I work with. However, there is only so much one can put up with when answering incessantly ringing phones.:rolleyes:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mercy!

Jamie, have you not sent a portfolio to JHC YET??

Dude, do it. I'm tellin' ya--listen to your friend the Foz!

You've got MC under your belt, imagine being responsible for updating Henson.com etc. on a regular basis!!

FOZ