Wish me luck...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jamie's Update

Well, I finally landed permanent employment. I will go in for orientation next week for a visual and retail position at a popular American store. This means I will be creating the displays and working the floor. A position like this allows me to pursue my freelance gigs in my spare time. I also have the opportunity to climb my way up to corporate. If it's something in the creative department, who knows?

I also got the green light on the freelance position working with an advertising firm. It's only a month's worth of work, but it's good for my resume. So, this is a good start. I honestly didn't know where I'd end up after graduation. It's been one unfulfilling internship after another. Now I have something more concrete. From this it will be easier to springboard into bigger things in the future.

In my life I have sung opera, illustrate books, dabbled in animation, shot various short films, starred in some low budget films for friends, design websites, done some graphic design and will release my web comic later this year (I promise). So nothing's really ever out of bounds for me.

Anyway, if you see fewer menus and coolness around here for a while, you'll know why. Frogboy's gotta eat. :smile:

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers and continue to send me good wishes as I go to orientation. Kind of freaky. I never thought I'd end up here, but I look at it as I do most things - as an adventure. :excited:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Re: Jamie's Update

Originally posted by frogboy4
In my life I have sung opera,
that's interesting...i didn't know this....

:sing:<----------Frog Boy

Sarah

sorry had to

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL! There's a lot you don't know about the frogboy! Wooohahahaa! :eek:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Re: Re: Jamie's Update

Originally posted by sarah_yzma
that's interesting...i didn't know this....
There seems to be so many things...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
do you and matt want to start a Sarah bashing club?

Sarah

radionate

Reaction score
Figures I disappear for a couple of days and find this out.

CONGRATS YOU! :big_grin: :flirt: :smile: :stick_out_tongue: :wink:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
:excited: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! Congrats on the permanent employment, Jamie!!!!! Do ya LIKE the job??? Cuz that's what's important!
....Wow, I didn't know you were so multi-talented, either, Jamie!!! You sound like a TRUE Rennaisance Man!!! ( :sing: "Rennaisance Maaan....He's a Rennaisance Maaan...." Histeria reference. I am such a dork.)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Congratulations, Jamie!! :smile:

I hope to join yer ranks of "quite satisfactory employment" someday! :concern: