Women and Shoes

Skye

Reaction score
Ugh, I hate buying shoes! I always have. I know this woman who has like over 200 pairs of shoes or something. But I really don't understand the whole women and shoes thing, either. *shrugs*

I have about 3 pairs of shoes, and I'm really happy with them. And when I do go shopping, I'd go looking for cute or fun shirts over shoes any day!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ugh, I hate buying shoes! I always have. I know this woman who has like over 200 pairs of shoes or something. But I really don't understand the whole women and shoes thing, either. *shrugs*

I have about 3 pairs of shoes, and I'm really happy with them. And when I do go shopping, I'd go looking for cute or fun shirts over shoes any day!
Thank you! Lol

Though I'm reminded now of a memorable Janice comment, upon finding out the world's about the end:

Janice: Oh nooooo! There's so much I wanted to do with my life!

Rowlf: Like what?

Janice: Well like frizz my hair and buy lots and lots of shooooes! :flirt:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe it's another one of those "stereotypes", but I swear, it does seem like, to me anyway, that (most) women just have a shoe fetish, lol.

But then again, like I should talk, said Mr. Look-At-Me-Parade-Around-In-My-Radar-O'Reilly-Hat.

Skye

Reaction score
Lol, exactly, Snowthers. But like William said, it all depends on your preference. We've all got different things that we love, that we're drawn to and that we just can't pass up! For some, it might be shoes, and for others, it's something else. Everyone's got their different favorite things!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well stereotypes are, by definition, based in fact. A lot of women do enjoy shopping for and owning a ton of shoes. I personally do not, and am quite happy with that.

It's not that I don't think shoes are nice. I just have such a hard time trying them on, that it becomes more painful than fun.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's not that I don't think shoes are nice. I just have such a hard time trying them on, that it becomes more painful than fun.
That's the way I feel as well!

I DREAD shoe-shopping for three reasons...

A. Shoes are always so complicated! I mean, why can't they give shoes simple designs and colors? Like I said, it's not like everyone notices them anyway.
2. I have really awkward feet, so it's hard to find shoes that'll fit me comfortably.
D. I just hate shopping for apparel, period. Well, I used to, until I found a Big Men's shop in my town.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
For me I think it's an OCD thing. I have trouble buying any kind of clothes because I get so caught up over whether they're too itchy or too tight or too loose. Of course, I eventually do make a decision. Still, it's no way to enjoy yourself! lol

But it kinda reminds me of Wembley, so I feel better! :coy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
A. Shoes are always so complicated! I mean, why can't they give shoes simple designs and colors? Like I said, it's not like everyone notices them anyway.
That's the way I feel about wall colors and carpets ad just about anything.:stick_out_tongue: There's always a kabillion things to choose from and I just never know where to begin. Ice creams being another one for me, but I know what I like.:wink:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
*ahem*

Snowthy, as a shoe lover, I can answer your question. While not ALL women love shoes, there are some that do. And this is why: I love fashion. I always try to look my best no matter where I'm going. Because of this, it is important that things match. Black belt, black watch, black purse. Brown belt, brown watch, brown purse. If one of those three are neither brown nor black, then you can put brown or black with it, but you cannot wear say, white belt, black watch, brown purse. Shoes are one of the most important pieces to an outfit. The right pair of shoes can make gym clothes look good. Therefore, it is important (and fun!) to have multiple pairs of shoes so that you always have the correct pair to wear with your dress/pant suit/jeans/whatever. Yes, they can be uncomfortable at times, but over time they give you great legs.

In other words, shoes are a fashion accessory. Like a cute headband or flashy belt.