Women and Shoes

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I have to get a new pair of shoes pretty soon. My mom is making me get one.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I would like to state that not everybody is suited for open-toe shoes! Ugh. And women are not the only ones.
I know. I dont like looking at my own nasty feet, I certainly hate looking at other peoples nasty feet. and it makes it worse when they have flaking, chipped, nail polish on:boo:

Quesal

Reaction score
Perhaps women are obsessed wth shoes because it's been classified as a "woman thing." As we grow up in the world, we hone our personalities a certain way based on both nature and nurture. I was exposed to Muppets without that many negative consequences and I became the big Muppet fan I am now. Perhaps women are exposed to the "joys" of shoes, shoe shopping and whatnot with mostly good feelings in the end and that made them frequent shoe shoppers. That's just the way i think of it, but I could be wrong.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Perhaps women are exposed to the "joys" of shoes, shoe shopping and whatnot with mostly good feelings in the end and that made them frequent shoe shoppers. That's just the way i think of it, but I could be wrong.
Well I guess I wasn't exposed to those good feelings. :wink:

But I do agree that things are a combination of nature vs. nurture. Women I think do have some qualities they are born with, but also our society teaches that shoe obsession is part of being a girl. :insatiable:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:wisdom: What is important it comfortable shoes. At the end of the day a woman shouldn't have chafed heels and gnarled toes from their Jimmy Choos. Not only is it unattractive, ill-fitting shoes can cause foot, leg, hip and back problems later in life and high-end designers can be just as guilty at making potentially problematic footwear whatever the size. :eek:

Kiki

Reaction score
To be honest with you, I'm not big into shoes. I don't buy a lot of them, unless I see a really unique pair of one-off's. I must admit though, I have about 6 pairs of Converse All-Star gym-boots and Doc Martins and even a couple of pairs of platforms! But nah, I actually loath shoe shopping, but I do like shopping for clothes.

In fact, I'm barefotted a lot of the time. :big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I used to go around bear foot all the time when I was little but I just can't do it anymore.