World of Warcraft causes a divorce

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I guess there nothing wrong with playing games after work as long as it's not during why your when you have to go to work that the problem. But I guess with things like relationships, it's all about priority's and what's important to you. Are you going to put the other person before the game. It's about letting the other know that the are what's most important in your life, you know? But there nothing wrong with liking or playing games at all. There are some people who do play to many games to often out there. I can't exactly say that it a problem for them or that they have one. Maybe it an obsession, maybe they just have nothing else better to do, but I can't judge. but if you felt that you needed to change and she helped you with your problem if that was one for you, that that's great, them. But helping out each other and listening to each other and being their for each other through what ever kind of problem is all part of what being in a relationship is about. Being in a relationship is not the answer to everybody's problems and sometime being in a relationship can be just as problematic as playing a lot a games can be for some people, not that that's always a problem with everyone who plays a lot of games.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, and then there's the other kind of person. The type that thinks a relationship will solve their problems for them, and latches on to the first person they see and tries to pressure them into having a relationship. Less common maybe, but it does happen.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
what it really goes down to is balance. When you dont have balance in your life you really can't have a happy healthy life.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree that getting into a relationship with someone because they think that it will somehow solve all their problems is not exactly the best reason for getting into one. Because it a relationship is based on that and not true love, then I might not have been meant to last or even have begun for that matter.

And it really is so important to have balance in your life too, because it would be very unhealthy to consume too much of anything, really.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, and then there's the other kind of person. The type that thinks a relationship will solve their problems for them, and latches on to the first person they see and tries to pressure them into having a relationship. Less common maybe, but it does happen.
Oh I have seen way too many women (and some men) end up like that. They're so lonely and desperate that they settle for a loser. They only end up hurting themselves (often their children)in the end.

We're all in pain and we're all trying to fill that gap. But it takes more strength of character to press on and deal with it and try be happy despite the pain, than it does to give up and turn towards a destructive way of life. And it doesn't pay to settle in matters of love. You never know when the right person could turn up. :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I would say that it's all abut finding the right person, too. You know nobody can claim to have all the answers, but were all still just learning.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
(Sings All We Need is Love by the beeatles) Aint that whats it all about baby?

Drtooth

Reaction score
And games like Pokemon have been hugely popular among female audiences.
Not surprising. After all, all those cute characters have tons of female appeal. Especially in Japan, where the girls have a fixation on all things "Kawaii."

Oh I have seen way too many women (and some men) end up like that. They're so lonely and desperate that they settle for a loser. They only end up hurting themselves (often their children)in the end.
Man, I wish I could find women like that.... KIDDING! Kidding! You can tell I have low self esteem. But I have a good humor about it. (Telly monster and Boober ruined me)

Anyway, it seems the problem with this relationship isn't to hard to spot. I, for one do not believe in growing up and putting everything away. But there are times when some of that stuff has to be put aside for the sake of a relationship. I can remember someone on a web board I used to post on who married someone who shared a passion for Kinnikuman. Now, after a while, he actually had to keep purchasing M.U.S.C.L.E.S. and Kinnikuman stuff in secret. I wonder if they're still married, since that was about 4 years ago. They probably worked it out, but I haven't heard from him in a couple years.

The problem with WoW is the same reason I love classic 8 and 16 bit games. RPG's are notoriously long, and anything that takes that much involvement can put various things (jobs, relationships, etc) in jeopardy. So I take Capcom Disney Afternoon games for $1000. I usually only play video games that I can finish in an hour's time. And with emulators and all that stuff (not condoning the activity of "illegally downloading" long out of print, and foreign games), I can save, and play for 10 minutes at a time. I could never see myself playing anything that long.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know? One of the things I'm really learning about being in a relationship with somebody is that you really do have to say and watch what you do sometimes to show consideration for the other person. You really have to do that because of how much they really love and care about you, so it is important to show then that same love and respect back to them that they show to you.
I just also wanted to add that I've learned that it really isn't just about yourself anymore because it's now about we, it's about us and not just me so again you have to have show consideration and appreciation for the other person in your life.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Not surprising. After all, all those cute characters have tons of female appeal. Especially in Japan, where the girls have a fixation on all things "Kawaii."

Man, I wish I could find women like that.... KIDDING! Kidding! You can tell I have low self esteem. But I have a good humor about it. (Telly monster and Boober ruined me)

Anyway, it seems the problem with this relationship isn't to hard to spot. I, for one do not believe in growing up and putting everything away. But there are times when some of that stuff has to be put aside for the sake of a relationship. I can remember someone on a web board I used to post on who married someone who shared a passion for Kinnikuman. Now, after a while, he actually had to keep purchasing M.U.S.C.L.E.S. and Kinnikuman stuff in secret. I wonder if they're still married, since that was about 4 years ago. They probably worked it out, but I haven't heard from him in a couple years.

The problem with WoW is the same reason I love classic 8 and 16 bit games. RPG's are notoriously long, and anything that takes that much involvement can put various things (jobs, relationships, etc) in jeopardy. So I take Capcom Disney Afternoon games for $1000. I usually only play video games that I can finish in an hour's time. And with emulators and all that stuff (not condoning the activity of "illegally downloading" long out of print, and foreign games), I can save, and play for 10 minutes at a time. I could never see myself playing anything that long.
I am a more serious gamer (which is not to say I am any good at playing you understand, I just love playing them). I do play for hours on end, I love pokemon and RPGs and all the rest. I have been known to play WOW until three in the morning before... But I still have other things I do to. I mean who is to say my video game playing is any worst of a hobby to play for hours and hours than the way people watch tv for hours and hours or chat on the internet or phone? Most of my 3am WOWing was becuase I met a whole bunch of friends on there, and a sweet guy who I voice chat with. It is as much a friend and dating site as any old match.com or myspace really. In fact, I think it is more safe because you don't have to tell anyone anything if you don't want to...
Before anyone says 'OMG online dating!" and 'OMG, the sort of guys that play WOW!' I just have to say that online isn't really a replacement but that I live in a small town full of very bad guys (ten times worst than the reason the wife in the story divorced hers) where it is better than nothing and 2) All sorts of guys play video games. Even nice not crazy ones :wink:.

So birds of a feather I guess :smile:. I really do like geeky guys, as long as I can geek with them :smile: