Worst Muppet Film

ohdarling

Reaction score
If the Great Muppet Caper is not Muppety, then what is?!? The zaniness of the Happiness Hotel, all the Muppets going on Kermit's date, the frantic scene in the museum with the Baseball Diamond with Lewis Kazagger reporting.... Now that's what I call Muppety Fun!!!
i agree. :smile:
i love that one. i have yet to see muppets in space and kermit's swamp years i have never seen.

i'm not sure which movie i like least.... i like all the ones i have seen..my favorites are probably muppet treasure island and the muppet movie .

Whatever

Reaction score
No offense, but let's not focus on the bad Muppet movies. We're all here because we love the Muppets, so let's focus on the positive Muppet stuff! :big_grin:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
The worst film for me are actually 2.
First of Kermit's Swamp Years.What the?? They have killed that classic
muppet class.
Also Muppets From Space okay,almost ALL the songs we have heard before
come on!!
WE NEED NEW I said NEW FREAKIN' SONGS DANG IT!!!!! :attitude:
Thank You. :sympathy:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Stink!

My vote is Muppets from space, a Very Muppet family Christmas, and Muppets Tonight! They all STINK!!!!!

Frogster

Reaction score
Kermit's Swamp, full stop. Does anyone besides me think they are getting worse as the years go by? At first i thought Very Merry Muppet xmas had something different, what with Scooter, Janice and others, but i just can't get over Steve's Kermit. I'm sorry, I just don't like Steve! I'm sorry

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Worse as the years go by! YES

Wow, I was in another room talking about the Up coming Muppets Wizard of OZ which I think will be another Stinker. And I was talking about how the Muppets have taken such a downward spin, and are using toilet jokes and sex humored, and they think I am nuts.

Then I come in here and it is like people actually understand....what a breath of fresh air. Here is my last post from the other room; I think I will stay in here.

Well gang what can I say, you make a very valid point. I have a background and 2 degrees in Advertising Graphic Design, and when something sells you run with it, for as long as you can until you have to change it.

My younger siblings have always wondered and often asked me what has happened to The Muppets. Because when they were very young and I was younger too we used to watch them together. They remember when things were more fun, and the gags were not as cheap like Fozzy picking his nose.

I do not agree with it, not at all, I do not feel it is right, nor do I wish to send a message to the Muppets/ Disney that it is ok in my book. I would rather have the Muppets be a happy memory than to stoop so low as to pull Jokes straight out of the trash. But that is not the way the world works, when Muppets Tonight first came on I sent a letter to the Henson CO. expressing my disgust and concern, and I was told then (1996) that this was a show for the 90's, and it was geared towards a 90's audience, but they would take my suggestions under advisement.

A real Heart Breaker to learn that my letter changed nothing, but then I never really expected it to change a darn thing.

The Muppets taught me that the world could be a better place, and that I can make a difference, that one person can change things.

But not really, not when you are up against big business, and the real world...... After all it was just a silly dream.

"Oh yeah, well I've got a dream too! It's about singing and dancing and making people happy, that’s the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. I made a whole bunch of friends, and they all have the same dream, that makes us a little bit like a family. Who are your friends Dock? Those guys?
Listen I don't think you’re a bad man, and I think if you look in your heart you'll see that you really just want to let me and my friends go. If not, if what I am saying doesn't make and sense to you.. Well then go ahead and kill me!

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
I do not think the problem is Steve as much as it is the fact that they have all sold out. There values are about makeing a quick buck and who cares about a positive message or just plan old good writing.

When you have Rizzo on Muppets Tonight talking about playing with Cindy Crawfords "Baloons", Fozzy bear picking his nos on Muppets from Space, while Same the American Eagle checks out a half nude girl on the beach. Not to mention Pepe getting a topliss dancer licence for the Muppet theater (just incase) in VMMC, you have to stop and wonder if the Muppets will be bairing it all in up comming specials.

The voice talent is slipping big time, and according to the Muppets they retired Scooter out of loveing memmory for the man who performed him who died of AIDS. Only Scooter was in VMMC, and his voice stunk!

The next big TV special is supposed to be Muppets Wizard of OZ based on the book not the MGM film, from what I have red allready it is headed for a big fat FLOP!