1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Worst Muppet Film

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, Apr 21, 2004.

1. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor New Member

Well gang I hope that I have not angered all of you to stay away for so long. If I have I am truly sorry.
  2. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I don't think you did, Doc. It just seems that fans take comments about their favorite things a little too personally. I couldn't stand IAVMMCM (I hate abbreviating it too), but because I feel that way, some people feel they need to defend it, and I understand that too. It's kind of a catch 22, we are all Muppet fans, and yet we have different tastes of that universe within. The Henson universe spans through many different genres, themes, cultures and generations, so even though we're all the core of one big fan base, we are still made up of an extreme variety of personalities. So basically, I am willing to accept that IAVMMCM is a solid fav for fans if those same fans are willing to accept that I think it's terrible.
  3. The Good Doctor

That is actually a very powerful statement. I do not expect folks will agree with me, in fact most people do not agree with me. It is important to realize that I am expressing the way things appear to me, and how I feel about them. (Which is what I thought this forum was for).There have always been those aspects of the Henson Company that were geared towards the adults, and perhaps the darker side. But Kermit and his friends have become friends and fun for children, the child in all of us. I use the word "become" because as you all know in the begging Kermit was not really for kids; in fact one of the pilots for the Muppet Show was not for kids at all and very adult. But the Muppet gang grew into that, and kids love them. So when the borders between the 2 get a little blurry, and they overlap here and there I notice it, and it upsets me to think my very good friends and playmates are doing things that responsible adults are not even supposed to do. Like picking you nose, or gawking at girls on the beach, or drinking Absenth (Green Root Beer). It is true we are all fans, and we all love and care about the Muppets and that is the most important part, as Kermit said It makes us a little bit like a family. :)
  4. christyb

christyb New Member

Yes and every family have their disagreements.
  5. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I couldn't agree more.
  6. ChristmasCarol

ChristmasCarol New Member

Kermits swamp adventures was ok, a little boring, but we only saw i think like 1 of the muppets we already know in it.

Muppets from space i like and stuff but it is my least favourite. The muppet christmas carol is definely my favourite. I bought it on dvd a few weeks ago.
  7. The Good Doctor

Christmas Carol

I love Muppets Christmas carol.
  8. ChristmasCarol

ChristmasCarol New Member

I guess i wasn't expecting to be entertained by kermits swamp years because it was in the little kid section of the rental store, the others are not. i once rented elmo in grouchland and i can not sit though it, its for 4 year olds. :o
  9. The Good Doctor

I have typically avoided films like Kermit Swap Years, Fallow that Bird and Elmo in Grouch land for the reason that they are for really little kids. Perhaps one day when I have children I will be buying and renting them for my kids. But until then I can do with out.
  10. MuppetAlex

MuppetAlex New Member

:eek: All I can say is definately NOT The Muppet Christmas Carol.
  11. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

we need more mvies like emmit otter and the bunny picnic
  12. The Good Doctor

I agree 100% lets get back to basics, good wholesome and honest good fun entertainment. :excited:
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Personally the big bad wolf(s) (for me)of that film was Scoter cage dancing (I was shocked and saddened the Muppets would do that somehow) and Whoopie Goldburg as God, (but let's not get into that argument)
  14. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I haven't seen "KSY," it's only 6 bucks at Wal-Mart and I'm still afraid to buy it, based on what everybody says. :)
  15. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

its a good one to add to the muppet DVD collection although its definately not the best. Its my least favourite out of all my muppet DVDs.
  16. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

I bought my copy because it was cheap. Now that I've seen it once, I doubt I'll ever choose to watch it again, but it's not going anywhere. Maybe you could just rent it, and maybe save yourself a couple bucks.
  17. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)
  18. BeanMuppets

BeanMuppets New Member

Well I think that Muppets from Space was a pretty good movie. It was much different from all the other muppet movies, because it made more movie referecnces and had more jokes geared toward an older crowd. As for Kermit's Swamp years... not a huge fan.

Trying to compare the more recent movies to the first 3 bigs ones: MM, GMC, and MTM... you cant. These movies were on a level of their own, plus Jim Henson was part of the production team, so he had complete say in how they were made. :)
  19. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i Loved Swamp years
  20. The Good Doctor

Cage Dancing

I do not know how I missed Scooter cage dancing, but I have to say I am glad I did. I have a feeling that Muppets Wizard of Oz will reach an all time low.