Worst TMS guest stars

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Leslie Ugams - just because I don't care for her. The rest of the show was fine and it's always good to see SS characters in the mix, but after I saw this woman slaughter the musical Anything Goes (about a decade or so ago, it was not on the show), I cannot endorse any of her work. :grouchy: But seriously, I can't think of a single show I really didn't like.

I actually think the Elton John show was the best! He performed most of his top songs and always with Muppet interaction. I actually get weirded when the stars don't perform as much. That's an A+ show IMHO. Doesn't get much better than that.

After watching the Muppets and Men documentary I have a better grasp why the shows were structured the way they were. Performers would want to do things that they weren't known for (dancers wanted to sing, comedians wanted to dance etc) so that's why some of the performances didn't shine. But it all contributed to the overall off-the-wall theme of The Muppet Show.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
Anne Murray: her singing was great; her acting was not
Dude, she ignored Janice---gave her the cold shoulder on camera in front of millions of viewers, preserved forever on film (tape, whatever).

My grudge on her is great.

Really!

It is!

:grouchy:

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Tony Randall.

Worst. Episode. Ever.

At least I thought so when I was a kid, I might have to see it again.

Also, you would've thought they could've done more with Alan Arkin aside from that "Jekyll & Hyde" (not the musical) thing, seeing as how he had been on "Sesame Street" (albeit not in any segments with Muppets)...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'd have to agree with the Arlo Guthrie ep, I've never seen the Jonny Cash ep, but I have read people
say he didn't really interact with the Muppets that well or at all?

I'm actually wondering why Sly is in "Spy Kids 3".
I'm wondering why there is a Spy Kids 3!:confused: LOL

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog

I'm wondering why there is a Spy Kids 3!:confused: LOL

:boo: :sleep: DWOAH HO HO HO!!!!!

I liked the episode of MT, but I hated Sandra Bullock.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Here's my list:

* Charles Aznavour
* Wally Boag -- very forgettable
* Bruce Forsyth -- he DID come off as a phony!
* Arlo Guthrie
* Glenda Jackson -- I found her irritating
* Liberace -- never liked him
* Mummenschanz -- I found them boring
* Jim Nabors
* Leo Sayer -- isn't he Richard Simmons' English cousin? (LOL)
* Sylvester Stallone
* Shields & Yarnell

It wasn't easy picking the worst ones, because most of them were good (even the ones I don't necessarily like). I don't remember the one with Marisa Berenson. I like Anne Murray (a fellow Canuck), but I didn't think her appearance was anything special. !:eek:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I didn't like Leslie Uggams, but that's just because I don't particularly like her. The show was good.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Don't remember her. Guess she must've been forgettable too! (LOL

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
dbarrie said:
Here's my list:

* Charles Aznavour
* Wally Boag -- very forgettable
* Bruce Forsyth -- he DID come off as a phony!
* Arlo Guthrie
* Glenda Jackson -- I found her irritating
* Liberace -- never liked him
* Mummenschanz -- I found them boring
* Jim Nabors
* Leo Sayer -- isn't he Richard Simmons' English cousin? (LOL)
* Sylvester Stallone
* Shields & Yarnell

It wasn't easy picking the worst ones, because most of them were good (even the ones I don't necessarily like). I don't remember the one with Marisa Berenson. I like Anne Murray (a fellow Canuck), but I didn't think her appearance was anything special. !:eek:
I'm curious, why Aznavour, Nabors and Sayer? I thought Aznavour fit in pretty well and sang well, even if his appearance wasn't especially distinguished or spectacular. Jim Nabors, while he can be grating, seemed to greatly enjoy the company of the Muppets. And Leo Sayer, while his spoken interaction with the Muppets left something to be desired, provided the show's only bursts of energy in between a drawn-out and sedate backstage plot. Compared to Leo's powerhouse musical numbers, the rest of the show seems dull! Granted, the music of Leo Sayer is, like some of his 70's contemporaries, an acquired taste.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole