Worst TMS guest stars

dbarrie

Reaction score
Correction

It's actually airing on the 16th, not the 17th.

dbarrie said:
Thought you'd be happy to know that the ep. w/ your *favourite* guest Bruce Forsyth will air here in Toronto on Sept. 17 @ 7 PM ET on the CTS channel (Cable 9). I can email you again once I've seen it, but I do remember not being fond of him or his appearance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to get into movie cameos, now...

The cast of Dawson's Creak... No explaination.

Hulk Hogan: Very stupid choise, but the joke is pretty funny after a while.

The cast of Scrubs, Joe Rogan, etc.: Seemed like just a promo for NBC, so they'd air the movie.

That kid who played Jim Hawkins in MTI: He was so effeminant, and I just couldn't STAND him!

The girl who sang, "the love is gone" on MCC: I just keep making fun of how her nostrils flaire when she sings...

dbarrie

Reaction score
It didn't air! Tonight was supposed to be the night for that infamous Bruce Forsyth episode! CTS instead showed the one with Marisa Berensen (she was very dull, quite frankly). Maybe Forsyth's ep. will show up another day. When it airs on CTS I'll let you know.

dbarrie said:
Thought you'd be happy to know that the ep. w/ your *favourite* guest Bruce Forsyth will air here in Toronto on Sept. 17 @ 7 PM ET on the CTS channel (Cable 9). I can email you again once I've seen it, but I do remember not being fond of him or his appearance. I found him to be a goof and a show-off. The ep. w/ Jim Nabors aired on Monday; he was OK but I'm still not a fan of his singing or his "bumpkin" brand of humour.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Am I the only one that liked it. I mean, Mark (Hamill) seemed to have fun.. a lot of fun.. too much fun..
I think that's why people don't like it. I loved it. I think it shows that he's most likely a Muppet fan. He had that sort of look most people get when they finally meet someone they've admired their whole life, I think. He looks like I would if a Muppeteer were to enter suddenly and greet me. He was having just a lot of fun with the show, and it is deliberately cheesy. I think they were picking on a lot of different people when they made that one.

But of course, the best bit in the episode was the "Six String Orchestra" number. That was wonderful!

I liked the Raquel Welch show, too... no, not because I'm male, but because of Fozzie's reactions to Raquel during their duet.

"She kissed me right here!"
"Scooter! I know she kissed you! You told me three times she kissed you! Why don't you go have your cheek bronzed."
"Touchy touchy!"

"Would you like to come up to my dressing room for a.... cup of tea?"
"Y-y-you? And- and me? gosh. Can I bring a friend?"

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
Lola Falana's episode isn't very good, I agree, but it wasn't all her fault. Her opening number, "He's the Greatest Dancer," is sabotaged by dull staging and zero choreography. Her performance of the song is great but everything around her is just boring and clumsy.

I'm not a fan of Liberace's show, either. They need more big birds or something.

P

Philo and Gunge

Drtooth said:
Am I the only one that liked it. I mean, Mark seemed to have fun.. a lot of fun.. too much fun..

I didn't like Raquel Welsh at all... she was just their to show off her...self...

The episode was good, the guest was not.
Drtooth, no matter how much I don't like Star Wars, I love this episode (as well as Star Tours). I just don't know why I don't like the movies. Maybe it was Jar Jar's fault. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong... the Raquel Welsh episode was great... I don't care too much for her.

Incidentally, I never really liked Charles Grodin on GMC... something was off about his whole performance. But I did like the joke about he can't sing and his voice was Dubbed...

Squigiman

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember when I first saw the film after really hearing that line and being able to appreciate. Some classic Muppet comedy. Also, a side note, Jamie, is there any way we could possibly work out something so that I could perhaps attain a copy of "Of Muppets and Men", especially if it's in its entirety, in good quality? I'd offer a trade, but imagine I couldn't possibly offer something you don't already have in your possession. Any of the VH1 "I Love the 70's", about the show or movie you want? Also, with its nearing release, I'd also like to really thank you for helping to get us the best/looking piece of Gonzo merchandise, ever. Glad to know how much you appreciate our favorite weirdo. Especially apparent, now, including the change of your icon from Scooter. While on the subject, could we possibly ever get a glimpse at the images and methods you used to help convince Palisades to make the changes??? Thanks a lot. Sorry for the tangents, just some stuff that came to mind, while reading through the posts. Take care.

-Squigiman

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Don't get me wrong... the Raquel Welsh episode was great... I don't care too much for her.
I *loved* the Star Wars and Paul Simon episodes - I got the video mainly because of Paul Simon, and it was ***soooooo*** worth it - but the Raquel Welsh episode didn't do it for me. I don't really know anything about her, and I didn't really get much out of the sketches with her in it. I liked Fozzie's assertiveness and Gonzo's "Jamboree", but I definitely like the first two episodes a lot better than the third. Actually, every time I watch the video I fall asleep by the end of the third episode... I've never seen the end! :embarrassed:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Animal03- I've already been working on a fan fiction outline for a Gordon Lightfoot episode (set in mid-Season Four) for a while now. I hope to have it up soon. Gotta finish my Red Skelton outline first and then hopefully Lightfoot will be next (and I may include an prominent appearance by one or two discarded Muppets- stay tuned!)

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Awesome!!!! I love Gordon Lightfoot, and I think he's very under-rated. I'll look forward to your episode! :smile:
Erin