1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Worst TMS guest stars

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Gorgon Heap, May 6, 2003.

1. JJandJanice Active Member

Still, banned?
  2. Marky Member

(to quote Spinal Tap)

What's wrong with bein' sexy?
  3. JJandJanice Active Member

I'll agree with that.

I just wacthed this episode eariler today too, and I disagree with it being "too sexy" for the Muppet Show. I mean it's not like she pulled a "Janet Jackson" so to speak. If this happened on Sesame Street, than I would agree that it's too sexy, but the Muppet Show was meant for grown folk, just as much, maybe even more, for kids.
  4. Marky Member

I can't remember the episode well enough (I was pretty young), but what's wrong with it anyways?
  5. crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Just my opinion.
  6. Marky Member

You mean your opinion was wrong?

I still don't understand. What was wrong with-the-episode?
  7. JJandJanice Active Member

Just what some people think.

Her outfit maybe a bit too "skippy" for some.
  8. Marky Member

Are you telling me that a skimpy outfit on a woman consitutes an episode that should be banned and makes the said woman wearing it on of the worst guest stars ever?

Whoo!

I'm not directing this at anyone in particualr, but if this is the case than it's my feeling that some people gotta remove a certain jarred & spiced small cucumber from a certain location.
  9. Dil Guest

Who would think Guy Smiley would make a better host than Kermit (who would have been a CO-host)?
  10. JJandJanice Active Member

No one Dil, stop asking.
  11. Dil Guest

You gotta! because hosts would be in tuxes, rather than being naked.

Guy Smiley would be a maniac of a host, as Kermit (who still would have worn a tux through out the Muppet Show Years) would have been the Co-host, being more calm than in the later TMS seasons.
  12. David French Member

Kermit was only naked when his collar was removed. Otherwise, he was more "overdressed" when wearing a tux or costume. And I don't remember Kermit being less calm as TMS progressed over the years. In fact, I would have said that he did become more calmer as the show progressed.

As for Guy Smiley - from memory he used to wear a suit but not a tux. And he was more of a gameshow host than a comedy variety show host as well.
  13. Dil Guest

Guy Smiley would have been both a gameshow host AND a comedy variety show host as well, I say.

Kermit was somewhat acted more energetic in his introductions in the 4th and 5th Season than in the 1st (of course), 2nd and 3rd season.
    But...
    Guy Smiley would have been everybody's favorite comedy variety show host, as Kermit would have been everybody's favorite comedy variety show CO-host.
  14. Marky Member

Kermit is cuter.
  15. Dil Guest

Guy Smiley is funnier.
  16. David French Member

Yeah, right! I don't ever remember Guy Smiley ever coming up with one-liners, pulling expressions (like Kermit regularly did) or even breaking the fourth wall to his audience in *any* of his appearances on Sesame Street.
  17. Marky Member

I think Dil is pulling our collective flippers - I mean legs!
  18. Dil Guest

Oh yeah? Well The Muppet Show IS a comedy variety show, and Guy Smiley would make a hilarious host, a more mad host, being even more funnier than Kermit, who would be the CO-host. Although Kermit would STILL be one of the most important characters, Guy Smiley would be the host, though Kermit would still introduce HIS numbers. Kermit still would be the main star of the muppet-movies. Guy sure would make a more powerful "YAYYY!!" than Kermit.
  19. Marky Member

He's too Sesme Street.
  20. David French Member

He also doesn't have the same personality that Kermit has either.

Also I don't think Guy could have handled the other Muppets like Kermit did.