Worst TMS guest stars

D

Dil

Is every single female guest star (from the 4th & 5th Season) living to be at their 100s?

I want one of the female 4th and/or 5th guest stars to die!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Muppet Pro said:
Juiet Prowse: She looked like she didn't have a good time. She was in the spots like if she just did what the script said strictly. Though the number that Jim did with those green horses was a nice experiment.
Well, she did seem kind of uncomfortable, but she laughed a few times during the proceedings. Probably just didn't know exactly what her function was supposed to be.

Connie Stevens: I think that she was lip syncing and she really didn't do to much. I thought her dance with Bert was pretty cool. But other that that, It looked like she didn't know how to enjoy herself.
Maybe it's just her natural blonde perkiness, but I never noticed that.

Gilda Radner: UUGGGH! She was great on SNL, but she was (in my opinion) lousy on The Muppet Show. She was known as a Tom Boy on SNL, but a cute little girl on TMS. WHAT GIVES!!!! The Muppet Show has somewhat the same attitude like SNL (but different attitudes). It made it look like she was making the show look bad. I admit her and the carrot scene was cute, funny and clever, But why couldn't she be more like Jaye P. Morgan or Debra Harry?:boo:
I think this was more in keeping with Gilda's real-life personality. Not that she was a child by any stretch, but that she was not a tomboy off-screen, and that in real life she was a sweetheart. Gilda was known for having a warm personality, which was perhaps at odds with the rough and hard-edged SNL, where she got knocked around plenty, by Belushi, herself et al. She loved the Muppets, no question, and my guess is that her appearance on TMS was in keeping with her own wishes, irregardless of audience expectations as derived from her work on SNL.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

David French

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
I was just thinking about it, so I figured I'd start a thread. Here are my picks:

Bruce Forsyth: I've been planning to write an article about him and his episode for Tough Pigs, but my main points are: he's goofy, grating, insincere, a show-off and a phony
It might just be because you can't identify with Bruce's humour. He's been performing for years and has always been known for laughing at his own jokes and making sly/satirical comments but he's genuinely a really nice guy. His Generation Game series has always been highly popular with British audiences, as well as some international audiences. I actually thought he came up with some good jokes, especially the "ad-lib" to the Woodpecker "Mind the leg"; his look to camera and the laughter you hear off-camera indicates he's having a great time on this strange programme.

D

Dil

I believe my mom thinks that opera singers, like Beverly Sills, are terrible singers.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Man dude I loved the Connie Stevens and Gilda Radner episodes. I thought they were both lovely.

I have a eight year old cousin who just loves the Rita Moreno episode, as do I, but man everytime I'm wacthing the Muppet Show that's the one she always asks for, I mean she can wacth that episode over and over.

I didn't really care all too much for the Gene Kelly episode, nothing personal, just found it a bit on the boring side. I also don't really care too much for the Kaye Ballard episode, agian nothing personal.

Other ones I love are Elton John, Alice Cooper, Vincent Price, oh wait this about the ones we don't like, huh :smile: .

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Dil said:
I believe my mom thinks that opera singers, like Beverly Sills, are terrible singers.
I wouldn't say they are terrible singers, myself.

I think, maybe, your mom just doesn't like opera at all.

D

Dil

dbarrie said:
* Charles Aznavour
* Wally Boag -- very forgettable
* Bruce Forsyth -- he DID come off as a phony!
* Arlo Guthrie
* Glenda Jackson -- I found her irritating
* Liberace -- never liked him
* Mummenschanz -- I found them boring
* Jim Nabors
* Leo Sayer -- isn't he Richard Simmons' English cousin? (LOL)
* Sylvester Stallone
* Shields & Yarnell
What?! Liberace?! But--But Liberace's a great piano player! Can't you see that his piano playing is talented and hard for many people to try and do?

Pearl Bailey: all of her acts were really boring. I know that we are mainly just talking about guest stars and not episodes, but many of the non-guest sceens don't do it for me, either (I haven't seen the Muppet Labs sketch from this episode).
Even Pearl's irritating with the oysters are boring to you?