Your Animal Replica Pictures

CyberSteak

Reaction score
I was thinking earlier... does it bother anyone else that we have to make all these adjustments to make Animal look "right"? The white eye lid rim, the longer hair, the swollen tongue, funky pupil placement, eye lids won't stay open, no chain or collar as implied/mislead in the description... and that's just to name a few. I mean, I paid $400 for this thing and I had to work hard on him just to have him look like Animal. Some of the stuff I can understand. But honestly, We shouldn't have had to color/glue hair to the eye lid rim or take his tongue. I understand some of this is personal preferance for people on this board, but does it scare anyone for future Muppet replicas? I don't want to have to adjust Gonzo's nose or glue Fozzie's eyes in a different spot if he doesn't look right.

I really don't want to come off sounding unappreciative. I do love that someone took on the task of replicating these characters. I especially love Animal. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk who just didn't get what he wants. Honestly, I'm not. I dunno. Maybe I'm over-thinking this. I look at it as I spent a crap-load of money on this and I'm doing more work that I think I/we should. What do you think?...
*signed* Was thinking the exact same thing. I wanted this pretty bad. But all of the tweeks needed has scared me off. I don't want to risk wrecking a $400 prop just to get him to look the way he should have.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
*signed* Was thinking the exact same thing. I wanted this pretty bad. But all of the tweeks needed has scared me off. I don't want to risk wrecking a $400 prop just to get him to look the way he should have.
Honestly, do not let it put you off, this is really worth purchasing. With any poser theres gonna be some skill involved in posing them right and this is no exception. Alot of the modifications made here are down to person preference by people who have the skills. I have not changed a thing and love it.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Amy let us know during trivia last week that they canceled the accessory packs for next year. I asked her why and she replied that she did not know. So there you go, no accessory packs. But we do have Gonzo and Fozzie to look forward to next year. I was really hoping for a pack for Kermit and Animal, oh well, looks like I will have to make my own accessories.
Sorry for the double post:embarrassed: , is anyone else worried about the future of this line? This announcement isn't wholely encouraging. I really REALLY want this line to be a success and look forward to a day where I have most of my favourite characters around me (I say most as I don't think I'll ever get to see Uncle Deadly:stick_out_tongue: )

I would really like to reassure anyone that has any doubts about this line that they are getting near perfect Muppets and this is the closest we will ever get to owning a real one. It is up to the fans to support this line and help it continue cos if we don't then who else will? I think, for the money, these product are worth it 100%:attitude:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post:embarrassed: , is anyone else worried about the future of this line? This announcement isn't wholely encouraging. I really REALLY want this line to be a success and look forward to a day where I have most of my favourite characters around me (I say most as I don't think I'll ever get to see Uncle Deadly:stick_out_tongue: )

I would really like to reassure anyone that has any doubts about this line that they are getting near perfect Muppets and this is the closest we will ever get to owning a real one. It is up to the fans to support this line and help it continue cos if we don't then who else will? I think, for the money, these product are worth it 100%:attitude:
Totally, I dont know why people would be put off these! I can see why members like Cybersteak may be put off because we have mentioned tweaking Animal OR pimping him! These tweaks are personal preference. In my case I coloured in the white rim around his eye, took out the tongue and trimmed his chin hair. Out of all of these the only thing that look BETTER is the blackening of the eye rims.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I agree, I have not did much so far, but if I feel that can make him better then, why not? He looks great as he is, but I know that I have the capabilities to make him look better than he already does.

As far as the line goes, I think it will go on for quite some time. About the accessory packs, this was something they wanted to do. Just cause they chose not to make them does not mean it is the end of the line. You also got to think that maybe it was not in there budget, or they might have not sold that well. It can be for a number of reasons. My theory is that they just want to stick to the photo puppets and that's it, but I could be wrong, it could go a lot further than that.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
That post wasn't intended to scare anyone away from buying these replicas. I love him. Honestly, the bit of work I put into him was worth the money, for me at least, to have him sit on a shelf for me to gander at for many years to come. I say "go for it" and get him. He might be a tad overpriced but he won't last too long. Go get him!

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
...Out of all of these the only thing that look BETTER is the blackening of the eye rims.
Most definitely. I just can't understand how they missed that at the factory or the prototypes. It makes a world of difference.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Got mine today.

Very pleased with him. The hair is a bit uncontrolable, but after him being out the box for just a few hours its already starting to droop and look more 'right'. The tongue seems a bit big? And I am also tempted to remove it so I can close the mouth, but not sure yet, happy with his pupils, but the white plastic on the brows bothers me a bit.

Overall, I am very pleased with him, and I was surprised how BiG he is!

I got number 307.

Be posting pics soon, once the hair has settled a bit more and I have time to do some poses, have some in mind already?

Its a real shame that the accesory packs have been cancelled, although I would rather the packs cancelled than the whole line, I need Gonzo, Piggy and Fozzie, to go with Animal and Kermit, any others beyond that will be a bonus.

Chris

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A few questions before I purchase Animal this January:

:halo:

How far can the mouth close without fiddling with the tongue?

Can the white brow rims just be Sharpied with black marker?

Are the pupils really that easy to peel up without marring the eye whites?

What is the particular brand of black felt or velvety type craft store lettering used for the pupils (well the holes in the 8s apparently)?

:halo: