Your Animal Replica Pictures

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
How far can the mouth close without fiddling with the tongue?
Not very close, it does not even go that far to closing.

Can the white brow rims just be Sharpied with black marker?
It will work, I tried it before I applied the fur so it was not black underneath the fur.

Are the pupils really that easy to peel up without marring the eye whites?
Lab Rat said that they peel off in pieces and I guess it doesn't hurt the whites of these eyeballs.

What is the particular brand of black felt or velvety type craft store lettering used for the pupils (well the holes in the 8s apparently)?
I don't know anything about this one anyone want to elaborate?

:halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks! So his mouth doesn't shut at all as in it is always "wide-open" or the top lip comes about an inch above his bottom teeth? :confused:

That's about as far as I'd really want to close it, but if it means fiddling with the tongue to get it even that close, well I'll have to. :eek:

doc hopper

Reaction score

What is the particular brand of black felt or velvety type craft store lettering used for the pupils (well the holes in the 8s apparently)?

Can't tell you what the brand is. But it was the only bag of velvet letters and numbers Michael's had. I took my chances with this since i couldn't find precut velvet circles. Punching out the lower circle out of the number eight gives you the perfect pupil - and it comes with two eights so you only have to buy one bag.

Sorry I can't remember the brand - I don't even remember how much it cost. But if you can't find precut circles, these work really well - you just end up with a lot of left over stuff!

chequepoint

Reaction score
Got mine.. #93, so thats kind of exciting compared to my 2300+ kermit.
Eyes are right on mine, but it is irritating that on a $400 collectible, they couldn't have cast the eye mech in black plastic. That's just being lazy.

Also, there is a what appears to be permanent dent on the left arm and leg from the tie down points in the packaging... also them being lazy.

Smashing him into the box sideways and holding him down with all those twist ties is also fairly lame.

None of these are horrible, but combined they kind of destroy that magic feeling I got taking kermit out of the box.

Kermit unpacked like an apple product, and was breathtaking. It took 30 minutes to make animal look like animal, which really ruined the moment.

Not surprised at the lack of accessory packs. It will be a miracle if they get to fozzie by december '08 at this rate..

Too much time between releases kills the momentum and frenzy that a collector likes to feel. A successful drug dealer knows how to snare a customer, get them hooked, and then provide them with product often enough to keep them interested, but keep supplies scarce enough to stop them from running out of money and coming to their senses. Its the same concept, just a different product.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cancelled accesory packs?

Was this announced recently? I was not thrilled at this notion, especially having these packs come out so long after the initial Kermit release. Seems that there's some belt-tightening at the company and I kind of agree with it in this case.

I wish Animal had at least come with his collar. I feel that it's a lack of good faith to send Animal out without his signature collar no matter if the descriptive text in fact offers a loophole on its inclusion. It's the last time I'll mention it, but it does upset me. If I had ordered before knowing I'd likely forward a complaint. :sympathy:

With the exception of maybe some different Piggy wigs, Animal collar and Kermit-sized banjo, I didn't see much reason for these packs. Especially considering the avid collector who'd buy them would likely make their own accessories if none were provided. :wink:

It's to be expected that it will take some time to style the product and that the hair will be a bit fluffy upon arrival. The eye focus is my main concern, but it appears there are several work-arounds for it. Still don't think Animal looks right frozen in images all wide-eyed. That pose is usually quick and fleeting in projects. Other than that, I think he looks wonderful. I stand by my 98% likeness rating. I hope they keep up the good work! :halo:

goodrastus

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not really concerned by a lack of accessories. The main thing is the actual replicas themselves and I have Animal on his way to me at the moment - can't wait! I don't believe waiting to get a replica right is tantamount to losing momentum. Knowing that time is being spent to get them right enthuses me even more. I'm really hoping the line goes for a few years yet. Am really looking forward to Gonzo, Fozzie and Piggy but I'm also looking forward to the replicas made after this. (To be honest, the wait allows me to save up for them)

I'm finishing up my job with my Grade 2's at the end of the year before heading to a new school and I always deck out the room for Christmas; tree, lights, the full works. It takes me hours. This year has a special surprise in store. My kids are puppet mad and I have a giant Kermit in the room. I intend to display Kermit and Animal by the tree this year by the kids' presents. So much fun! I love this line and don't think people are putting it down at all. But I understand people's concerns and will be fixing the eyelids on Animal when he arrives. Maybe the pupils too if required but I won't be fiddling with the tongue. Great pics all!

markit

Reaction score
Guide to making the Best possible Animal ?

Hi there, this is only my second time posting on here, so hey all & thanks to everyone who's posted pics pics of their Animal replica.

Up until now I had been very undecided as to whether I would part with my cash for Animal, I was nowhere near as excited as I was the months leading up to the release of Kermit, who was a complete no brainer for me, but I hadn't seen a single picture of Animal that justified forking out nearly £200 for him over here in the UK.
That is until I saw the fantastic pics posted by antonydavanso, Labrat, kermiebaby47 & others who have really managed to capture the spirit & character of Animal with the various alterations they have made, so I finally gave in, & have just come off the phone from ordering my very own Animal.

I was wondering if it might be possible to post a guide of some sort going through the process of how to make Animal look his best, I know to some extent it's a matter of personal preference, but these pics really look do awesome. I apologise in advance if you have already posted details on how to make these tweaks, but I am quite worried about ruining him so a few tips from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Finally,Thanks to MR & bring on Fozzie, every pic i've seen of him so far looks just about perfect, I can't wait! :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
YAAAAAAAAAY, just ordered my second Animal. I'm sticking by my word, this product is ace! Whats even better is I got the LAST one the store had :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Horray! My animal arrived almost a week early.He is number 266.Will post a pick when I get time.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Hi there, this is only my second time posting on here, so hey all & thanks to everyone who's posted pics pics of their Animal replica.

Up until now I had been very undecided as to whether I would part with my cash for Animal, I was nowhere near as excited as I was the months leading up to the release of Kermit, who was a complete no brainer for me, but I hadn't seen a single picture of Animal that justified forking out nearly £200 for him over here in the UK.
That is until I saw the fantastic pics posted by antonydavanso, Labrat, kermiebaby47 & others who have really managed to capture the spirit & character of Animal with the various alterations they have made, so I finally gave in, & have just come off the phone from ordering my very own Animal.

I was wondering if it might be possible to post a guide of some sort going through the process of how to make Animal look his best, I know to some extent it's a matter of personal preference, but these pics really look do awesome. I apologise in advance if you have already posted details on how to make these tweaks, but I am quite worried about ruining him so a few tips from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Finally,Thanks to MR & bring on Fozzie, every pic i've seen of him so far looks just about perfect, I can't wait! :smile:
Hey and welcome to the forum. Firstly my "pimping" of Animal is a brave decision that could have gone wrong! Thank God it didnt. Anyhow here are my tips for Animal.
EYES - I used a black marker to cocour in the white rim around the eyes. Muppet Caper and Lab Rat used a different technique for this but they are much more skilled so this is the easier option. I aslo changed his pupils ( thanks to Lab Rat) but this is not really a must do.
HAIR - I used the smallest bit of hair WAX and used this to add weight to the feathers. This has not changed the look or colour at all and has made the hair look spot on. I also plucked a few chin feathers out ( personal preference as I prefer him with less chin hair)
TONGUE - I peeled this out without leaving any glue, letting me close his mouth.
Thats kinda it, the rest is up to you. If you want to get the rest of the replicas I would get them from The Collector Zone. Animal was £149 and I think that is really cheap for him.
Ant