Your Favorite Romantic Muppet Moment

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
MTM- definitely romantic. I will have an instrumental version of "He"ll make me happy" playing when I'm walking down the aisle at my own wedding, but first I have start dating again and find my guy, lol
I remember everytime I used to have a wedding scene with my Barbie and Ken dolls, I always had them singing "He'll/She'll Make me Happy." Lol, it's just the perfect wedding song. :smile::mad:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Ah yes- love! Exciting and new! Come aboard, we're expecting you- on The Love Boat (where we ALL just love this boat!:stick_out_tongue:)
And it's docked at the Muppet Revival thread!
And here to give you a special word about it, I present Sam the American Eagle!
Sam: Ahem. We the Muppets, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our prosperity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America! (And The Muppets in general.)
Me: Wow, Sam- that was really good. Sounds kinda familiar from something, doesn't it?
Sam: Well, when in the course of Muppet events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
Me: Yep- I think you nailed it again, Sam.
What more can be said? Come to the Muppet Revival thread- all of us "weirdos" from television and Hollywood, all the lovers, the dreamers and me- the Electric Mayhem, the orchestra pit, all the wonderful acts we've had on the stage, even all the guest stars on The Muppet Show- and yes, even Statler and Waldorf and J.P. Grosse, and of course, Robin, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Sweetums, DogLion, Big Mama, Flower Eating Monster, Beautiful Day Monster, Splurge, Gloat, Boppity, Gaffer, Brewster, Rowlf, Scooter, Gonzo, Lew Zealand, Pops, Fozzie, Miss Piggy and Kermit- and all of The Muppet Show gang- let's all go to the Muppet Revival thread- and just celebrate Muppetdom and peace and understanding.
And above all, LOVE!
Sam: American Style!:attitude::smile:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=51704&page=33

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I really like the carriage scene in Muppets Take Manahttan. The reason being that the scene right before it is one of the comedic/high intensity Piggy/Kermit where there's yelling and high strung emotion. I like the carriage scene because it shows that there's a real relationship between the two and it's not just this lovey-dovey thing (which is what I feel it sometimes get's steryotyped to being, at least in my head at times.)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Two I love, and both from the same movie, TMM:

Their first grown-up, dress-up date--disastrous though it turns out to be. I applaud Piggy's dress--I would NEVER have thought of bringing THAT dress along when I ran away from home in pigtails! I love how Kermit tries hard to be suave and debonair, and pretend he knows what he's doing ordering champagne when it's obvious that he doesn't. I like that they are shy with each other, with Kermit earnest and Piggy giggly and wide-eyed.

And the romantic montage that they are each thinking about when Piggy sings "Never Before" is just amazing. When they look at each other for the first time they both know that no matter what guise they find themselves under, the other one could be their counterpoint. If Kermit is hardboiled, Piggy is smoky and sultry. If Piggy wants to run, laughing, through the meadow, Kermit will give chase. If Kermit wants to skinny dip after a picnic, Piggy will tell him NO WAY. But you get the point.

*Sigh* It's nice to be back in ush-gush land!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A few from me too...

When Connie Stevens sings "(They Long To Be) Close To You" to Kermit, and in the same TMS episode when Bert appears in tuxedo garb trying to woo her also by singing "Some Enchanted Evening".
Kermit's crush on :mad: whatshername... :hungry: der Linda Roonstaht yaaa!
When Kermit congratulates Piggy after singing "Old Fashioned Girl" during the Hal Lindon TMS episode which was hosted by Statler and Waldorf for a change.
Gonzo's song for Camilla which he composed himself, although Sinatra or Mick Jagger will probably want to record it too...

And one I don't think anyone else will remember... The daydream where Oscar and Grundgetta imagine what—and I'm not sure which of the two it was—either their own or Gordon and Susan's wedding would be like. I know it took place at the NYC City Dump and both couples were in the dream sequence, but it's not quite clear in my mind how it happened.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
The ending of 'whenever I call you friend'
So sute <3 ! Did anyone see Janice kissing Gonzo at the background?

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
LOVE how smollet puts his arm in front of her when Long John Silver comes around and how he tells her not to listen to Long John while hanging off the cliff
I had never noticed that particular detail during that scene. So when I was watching the movie tonight I remembered to look for it. You're right, it's great. What's cool is that it's relatively subtle but it speaks volumes.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo's Hobbit
I had never noticed that particular detail during that scene. So when I was watching the movie tonight I remembered to look for it. You're right, it's great. What's cool is that it's relatively subtle but it speaks volumes.
Exactly! It's always the little things that say so much about people and their relationship with one another. I will always admire Jim and Frank for how fantastically well they were able to convey that with puppets, with a frog and pig no less!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
That's what I find so facinating about things with puppets in general. There's only so much that a puppet can convey with facial features. The puppeteer has to find the best way to add body language to get you to believe that the character is real and that makes a huge difference in acting in general, whether it's an actual person or a puppet.

I don't know if this counts as romantic per se, but another small thing I noticed in MTI tonight was when they are on the island fighting the pirates, Mr. Arrow throws Smolet is sword. Smolet then proceeds to cut the spear of the guy who's spearing them and then Benjamina punches him. I always missed that last part. I mentioned it because I think it serves well to highlight the team that the two are. It shows once again that their relationship is more than either cheesy romance moments or hot headed emotional scenes.