1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Muppet mistakes

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by bingboingcutie, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

It is actually spelled Goelz, as one person above seems to have spelled it wrong. And I also have always pronounced it "goals," mainly because that's how I heard Brian Henson pronounce it in a time when I didn't know how to say it. Before that I had called him "go-ells"
  2. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I just found out that Jefferson Airplane DID NOT play the music on the Jazzy Spies cartoons from the early days of Sesame Street. I had always thought that, since vocalist Grace Slick was with JA at the time. I found a Muppet Wiki link stating the real names of the Jazzy Spies musicians:
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Jazz_(song_series)

Also, I will throw my hat into the "mispronouncing Dave Goelz's name" ring. As a kid, I said Go-Lez :concern:! :oops:. For years, I was kind of :confused: about how to say his name, and now that I look back, it wasn't very :cool: on my behalf. :sigh:...
    (note who's in the smilies...)
    muppetfan24/7 likes this.
  3. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

The smiles were Gonzo, Miss Poogy (I think), Bunsen Honeydew, Zoot, and Boober Fraggle.
  4. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

That Beauregard, not Miss Poogy.
  5. muppetfan24/7

Aww rats! I'm sorry! I probably didn't see the smile more I guess. My bad!
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

As a kid, I went through a period when I thought the Koozebanean creatures were called "Galle-Oop-Oops".
  7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. Smilies of the Moopets might be pretty creepy.
  8. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

There actually are custom made Moopet smilies around here.
    Muppetboy09 likes this.
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Here's a mistake I used to make: since Frank Oz had left SST, I had always thought that Eric Jacobson took over the role. It wasn't until a year or two ago that I realized that David Rudman actually was recasted into the role. :oops:
  10. Mo Frackle

You mean of Cookie Monster, right?
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Stupid me, I must be tired. :p

Yes, I did mean the one and only COOKIE MONSTER!!!!! :insatiable:
    Muppetboy09 and Mo Frackle like this.
  12. Mo Frackle

According to wikipedia (emphasis on wikipedia, for obvious reasons) Eric briefly performed Cookie, but Sesame Workshop decided they wanted more interaction between Cookie and Grover, and thus David wound up with Cookie.

Again, wikipedia (the land of misfit edits).
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Bah to Wikipedia when it comes to Muppets...
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  14. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Bah to Muppet fans who don't bother to edit it.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

We have a much better wiki to spend our time on rather than wikipedia. :p
  16. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Back when I was young and watched Fraggle Rock during its first run on HBO, I used to think that the name of Gobo's uncle was "Traveling Mac", instead of "Traveling Matt"....
    Piggy The Frog and Yorick like this.
  17. muppetfan24/7

I could bnot say Gobo's Uncle name right either and I called him, "Mark" instead of "Matt." Boy, nostalga just always comes back to me.
  18. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Um... I think you used nostalgia in the wrong context...
  19. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, I did too.
  20. Mo Frackle

I think she's saying that when she was a kid, she always called him "Uncle Mark". That just so happened to really bring back memories of watching FR when she was a kid.