Your OTHER Name...

christyb

Reaction score
My name is Christy Bondurant (like you couldn't guess my first name right?) And to answer a question that I get sick of is Christy is my name and it isn't short for anything. And unless you are two years old and under don't call me Kissty. Although I don't mind nicknames in general.
*whew
Had to get that out. LoL :smile: !

Vic Romano

Reaction score
So there was this show in Japan called Takeshi's Castle that had contestants do really dangerous stunts. Spike TV took it, dubbed over everything, made it really funny, Called it "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" and named the hosts Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano, so that's my unoriginal screen name. My real name is Dave. I don't care for David and I HATE Davey. That felt good to finally explain.

superfan

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
So there was this show in Japan called Takeshi's Castle that had contestants do really dangerous stunts. Spike TV took it, dubbed over everything, made it really funny, Called it "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" and named the hosts Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano, so that's my unoriginal screen name. My real name is Dave. I don't care for David and I HATE Davey. That felt good to finally explain.
Omigod, I LOVE that show, 'Vic'...or Dave...
GET IT ON!

Anyway, my name is Amy, nice to meet you all and the only story that I can think of is that I watched Little Women (w/Elizabeth Taylor as Amy) and she(Amy) was a stuck up little thing. Then I find out that Mom had liked that name when she had first read it in the Little Women book. Nice name, just a bad attitude attached. Completely unlike myself, thank goodness.
Everyone seems to spell it all fancy like, like Aimee, Aime, Amee,etc.
Nope. Plain ol' Amy.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
My real name is Alex. Just Alex. That's what I prefer to be called when I'm speaking to someone in person. Sounds pretty simple, right? Well, I've had people call me things like: Alice, Alexa, Alexis, Allie, and my cousins wife asked me if it was OK if she called me "Lexi". At least she asked... Also, (something that must have scarred me for life, since I still remember it) there were at least three, possibly four, boys in my preschool class named Alex. But other than that, I don't mind nicknames, as long as tey're off-the-wall and don't have anything to do with my real name.

alexmongers

Reaction score
heh-heh! good idea for a thread. i don't normally post here but anyway...
my name is alex. i was born alexander. i hate the "ander" bit its rubbish. i remember at school teachers called me alexander.(and of course titters and giggling followed from my friends in my class) i hated it. years and years later...my girlfriend (whos french), her family call me alexandre! thats worse!
Everyone calls me alex. close friends and family shorten that to Al. thats fine.but never call me alec! old people call me alec and i hate it. :eek:

pennyring

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
So there was this show in Japan called Takeshi's Castle... and named the hosts Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano, so that's my unoriginal screen name. My real name is Dave. I don't care for David and I HATE Davey. That felt good to finally explain.
I KNEW Vic Romano sounded familiar! It all makes sense now. One of my good friends is a Davey, btw. Mostly just because he's the baby of the family and wasn't able to shake it. But I wouldn't think of calling him anything else. :smile:

alexmongers said:
my girlfriend (whos french), her family call me alexandre! thats worse!
Awww... I think its sweet! :smile: I have a friend from France who calls me Ambre all the time.

As a kid I always got "Amy" and "Jennifer" (hello my mother is Jennifer. I'm aware its more common for people my age, and Amber is more common for ten year olds, but I'm not Jennifer!!!)

Customers at our store always call and ask for "Kevin". We don't have a Kevin, sorry. They want my fiance' Erik. How is Erik anything like Kevin?? Someone please explain for me. Thank you. :wink:

somethingofafan

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Vier. It means James 4 (since I am the fourth James in my family).
Amateur. I'm the eighth in my family (and the third in a row with my middle name, in fact)

Let's see... The first immigrant in the patrilineal line was James
His son was James
His nephew was James
His nephew was James
His son was James
His nephew was James
His son is James
His son is...me

And that's not counting my dad's nephew (by his sister), or his nephew.