Your OTHER Name...

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Funny story...

My mom and dad were arguing what to name me. My mom wanted to name me Anthony, my Dad Antonio. Well, after 21 hours of labor, my dad walks into the delivery room and says, "Can we name him Antonio?" "Yeah, whatever. Just get out of here." was my mom's reply, so I'm Antonio. I definately prefer that over Anthony. I go by Tony though.

My last name, on the other hand, is a handful. It is hispanic and it has been butchered more than I remember. Mainly things like Escargo and Escaranzga, Espanosa, Escatology, Es.....
It got so bad in school that they would say Antonio E.... and I would answer Here before they got a chance to butcher it. It's es-CAR-za-ga. Is that so hard? I live with it though.

What's funny is when people call me David who have never met my father before. I find that interesting.

Tony

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

*Realizes some old-fart jokes should be flaming his way soon*
:embarrassed:
And indeed, I know some very old fart jokes...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Baby Animal
Yeah. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Tony
That's okay Anthony Escargot! :wink:

LOL!

Kelvin/Fonzie Bare

Whatever

Reaction score
My name is Beth, and no one, not even my mom, seems to be able to tell me apart from my sister Deborah, who is 22 months younger. We do not look very much alike, either, apart from brown hair and blue eyes.
In Germany, no one can pronounce the "th" sound, and I get callled "Bess" or "Bet" a lot, but I can't hear the difference, so who cares.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread before! But what a great idea!

My real world name is David, but I kid you not, 50% of the time at work when I'm talking to associates/customers on the phone they think my name is Steven!! :confused:

How does David sound like Steven?

What's really spooky is there have been a couple of strangers or people I'm talking to on the phone who call me Paul. That happens to be the name of my younger brother whom everyone thinks is my twin (we're actually two years apart but we do look a lot alike). When we were younger people at church were constantly calling me Paul (for some reason noone ever called him David) so for a stranger to do it for no apparent rhyme or reason is weird.

P.S. I work with a guy named Nathan and EVERYONE he speaks with on the phone thinks his name is Nancy :embarrassed: :smile: In fact, there was just a lady who spoke with him that called back and said, "I just spoke with the nicest girl. I believe her name was Nancy..." One of my co-workers got the second call and she said, "Oh no, that was Nathan. He's a guy." The lady apologized all over the place.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Andy-Wan Kenobi... Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time...

My real world name is Andy. Not a big stretch o' the ol' imagination there...

Now my crazy inner-delirium name, on the other hand...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
What's in a name?

What a cool thread you started Kevin. My birth name is Diana Sharon(not telling my last name).I go by Diana,or my nickname Dee.I hate being called Diane.I've also been called: Dee Dee,Deanna,Deena,Dinana or Nana(my brother as a youngster,couldn't pronounce Diana). People at work still call me Diane.I keep telling them,'Either call me Diana or Dee,is it so hard to remember my name ends with an A?' LOL My hebrew name is Sarah Dina,which is kinda nice too.:zany: I was named after the actress(my dad named me) Diana Rigg,from The Avengers.He also liked Sophia Loren,could have been named after her too,I guess.