Your OTHER Name...

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Cool now some where to rant
My name is Chantal I don't like being called Chant & as some of my family call me & I end up with other names like
Chantel, Shantelle, Shantal & Chanteal ok I don't mind others being called those names but they are not my name.
Bye & thankyou Comical DrBob

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
There is a Byron bay in New South Wales [Australia] is it named after you
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I am not Brian.

:grouchy:

I understand, Byron isn't that common a name today

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
Oh, last names.....Grrrrrrr.....See, my last name's Italian, and it's not really all that hard to pronounce, but for some reason, PEOPLE ALWAYS GET IT WRONG!!!!!!! Grrrrrr.... :mad: :grouchy:
My first & last names are French & people have trouble pronouncing them all the time especially my sirname as it is not very common but when the do it sounds awful & then they spell it odd.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
100th post.

...and, uh, my *actual* name is Peter. "Scary" Larry is just the name of my puppet. :wink:

Oh, and actually I have a nickname at school. See, freshman year I enrolled in my school second semester and there was already a Peter there, so he got jealous that there was another person in the class with his name. So he dubbed me "Thurber" after the author they had just studied, and so I have been called all through my high school experience.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Kye

Reaction score
I have a real name, Kevin, which as kev le fozz mulle can attest to is a problem enough.

I have a screen Name, Kye. which a lot of my friends have adapted because of its one sylable ease of use.

But the most troubling is people who insist on calling me my stage name when I am not working. To make this clear, I did not give myself this stage name, Disney did. And They taunt me as if It is supposed to hurt. Hey Jett Dexter, hows it going Jett Dexter! Why does my full name need to be said twice in the same sentence. And if it says Jett on my name tag, how come when I am on TV, The Caption underneath always says Chet Dexter...!!!! MY NAME IS ON MY SHIRT ! oh well.

I hope one day to retire and live the rest of my life as one name, thus leaving much more room on my headstone for a picture!:smirk:

DirthNader

Reaction score
From me

My name is Patrick. I prefer God, but people look at me sideways when I ask them to call me that.

I don't mind Pat, though it sounds more femenine, and while I'm secure with myself I still have an aversion to this use of the name.

I've been called Patty Cake (I was a baker for a few years), Paddy O' (I kinda like that one), and Pastrami.

Now, when I was younger, I was overweight, about 255 pounds. My "friends" came up with a gem, Porko Van Pop Button. Aren't kids clever:rolleyes: They remind of the name from time to time, though I've since lost the weight and become a pretty handsome man if I do say so myself :halo:

But, as I've said before, you all can call me God. Dirth Nader is alright, and if I get to know you well, Paddy O'.

Later, all

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HA HA!

They used to call me Porky, too. Not because I was overweight, but because of a certain campy college flick.

*stays away from holes in gym walls now* :eek:

(J/K)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I have in the past told folks to call me God. They said it was blasphemy. I would tell them, "No, not THAT God! Not one in particular, either. Just god."

Of course, I do know some folks who are dyslexic and they call me "Dog."

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, my name is James, but close friends have always called me Jamie. Somewhere back in this country's trippy past, parents started giving girls boys' names and spelling them funky. My name isn't Jamey, Jayme or Jamiey. Also, I am not of hispanic descent so my name is not Jaime. Such a simple thing that people get wrong. To me it's like misspelling Tom or John. :confused:

My web address and the name I sometimes publish things under is James Vier. It means James 4 (since I am the fourth James in my family). It was clever find for my domain. It is not Jamie Vier. Argh. Not only is it incorrect, it won't lead to my site. :mad: :grouchy:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
So, where's Tome been?

"Hey, it is Jon Voight's car. Except "Jon" is spelt with an "h"."
"So?"
"Doesn't Jon Voight spell his name J-O-N?"
"What are you saying?"
"Nothing. I'm sure he just mis-spelled his own name. I know I sometimes spell "Jerry" with a G. And an I! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"