Your OTHER Name...

EmmyMik

Reaction score
My *real* name is Emily.

My mom sometimes calls me "Molly" (that's my sister's name) or "Penny" (which is my poodle's name).

But I don't think I have any names that really annoy me...

Thijs

Reaction score
My real name is Thijs, but Holland and Belgium are the only countries where my name can be pronounced. I once typed my name using a voice software, and the computer pronounced it as 'Figs'. My brother couldn't stop laughing, and still calls me that way. The problem with my name is the 'ij'. It's one sound. It sounds the most like the 'ei' in 'reign'. The 'h' in my name isn't pronounced. I don't know why it's there. All the people named 'Thijs' have an 'h' in there name. So I think my name is pronounced in English 'Teis', but I'm not sure. I'll never be famous abroad with a name like that:frown:.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
As soon as I read the first post in this topic, I knew I was right at home here. You see, I am Keith, and people who don't know me call me "Kevin" all the time.:stick_out_tongue:

What really annoys me is this: I add my first initial and numerical suffix when I sign my middle and last names, but people often omit the initial while keeping the suffix (which makes little sense because my father answers to his first name, as did his father.) So if anyone out there knows me, either keep the initial or remove the suffix, Please!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by somethingofafan
I am Keith, and people who don't know me call me "Kevin" all the time
From a "Kevin" who gets called "Keith" all the time, I know how you feel!!

wockawocka

Reaction score
Most people spell my german last name Krien. Nooo! It's Krein! Even my friends that take german get it wrong. Also, people tend to say it wrong, but it doesn't happen as much anymore. And with my first name, I usually don't have a problem. Sometimes people will ask me how to spell it: "Is it Rachael? Or something else? Rachelle." No, it's just Rachel. But I do have to get used to being called other names by my sister... Who could call me anything, practically, I just have to keep track of all of the names from her. :wink:

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Hi my name is Angela.......not mistaken for anything and sometimes I get called Angie. I was called Annie when I was younger and they guys at work try to think of anything clever to come up with to call me like Angelina, Angelica, Etc. Some unnamed sources informed my supervisors that my nick was Sugarbritchez so I get picked on about that...........

But no names that I don't like..........or at least that I can think of.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by sugarbritchez

But no names that I don't like..........or at least that I can think of.
I could think of a few.

(er, not that I'd ever call anyone them, but, I can still, um, er, uh...)

Gonzo

Reaction score
My name is Quinn.

It's easily mistakable (evidently) for Glen, Ken, Kim, and various other one-syllable names. I usually just roll with it. Unless they'll need to know my name later.

As for nicknames, if you have a one-syllable name, people will generally lengthen it--so for a long time I was "Rin Quinn Tin," "Quinnie the Pooh," "Quinderella," "Quinnaroni," "Quinnarama-lama-ding-dong," and just about everything else you can fit "Quinn" into.

And "The Mighty Quinn." Which wasn't bad.

:halo:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn