1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your OTHER Name...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fozzie Bear, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Read the first chapter of Matthew, I think you may have quoted this! LOL!
  2. How do you know I didn't use the Lucan genealogy? (Just kidding) :smirk:
  3. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

My name is Ryan. I often get Brian. Lately, people have taken to calling me Scott because I replaced a Scott at work. However, the people at work who call me Scott are young kids so I give them a hard time, shred their self-confidence and demand they call me by my real name or they will be sentenced to a year with no snack. Just kidding. I do give them a hard time (in jest) and they realize the mistake and apologize profusely ;) . I once worked in a retail store where apparently I looked like someone named Kevin, so that was my name for the short time I was there. I didn't even talk to those people. They got mad but what did I care? Kevin would be the one to catch that flack.

My last name is fun. It's Bowser and people can't seem to wrap their comprehensions around it. So I get Belser, Bowling, Bowers. People don't want to accept that they are speaking with someone who shares a name with Mario's arch nemesis or a dog.
  4. christyb

christyb New Member

Hey I like your last name. At least people can pronounce it. Mine just got cut off to the inital b/c no one could say it right. My last name FYI is Bondurant. Pronounced in one syllable kinda quickly but drawled out as a southerner would say it. (Now you see why I only get the B.) Alas, now I am lastnameless :)
  5. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

Why thank you.

I have an interesting image in my head from looking at the word "lastnameless": Someone standing on a street corner with a sign that reads "Will work for name". I think I would give someone some change for that.

I'm weird.
  6. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I totally feel your pain, man! (I'm an Alexandria myself) It's terrible, when people call me by my full name! Alexandre is an interesting name. I like Alex, and I like Andre, but I've never heard them combined.
  7. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

I get called Dan by my friends and would much rather think of myself of a Dan than a Daniel but my dad wont actually allow anyone to call me Dan!! He's like "no, thats not the name i chose for you". Grr!
  8. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I feel your pain, my dad still calls me by my legal name rather than my nickname, but it's more like he never bothered to remember what I prefer to be called.
  9. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

OK...I'm a tad bit late for this...

...but I'll post it anyway:
    My name is Kathy (that's Kathy with a "K" ,not a "C" ) Many people have spelled my name wrong,but I deal with it .
    My given name is Kathleen,but I don't get called that except by doctors or people who make business calls to me. (Plus my parents if they're mad.)
    Kathy :)
  10. names

My name is Melissa. ( ma-LIS-sa) Not missy. not michelle, not mel.

Although i do get called "missa" sometimes but thats cuz melissa is hard to pronouce for a 2 y/o and i could never be mad at my lil' man. (My friends boy)

And why is it that a melissa gets called michelle, but a michelle hardly ever gets called melissa?!?! :mad:

btw, my mom got my name from a diaper comercial back in '78. the baby's name was melissa.
  11. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

My Name Is Nick And I'm Insane---are you taking notes?? There's gonna be a quiz on this!!!
  12. RedDragon

RedDragon New Member

If you want mine they're in the "bad baby names" thread.
  13. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

I'm one of those really lucky people whose first, middle, and last name are all very easy to spell and pronounce.

But once in a while... okay, I just vented about this in another thread, but it really bothers me. My sister's name is Elizabeth. I AM NOT ELIZABETH. But in, oh at least nine out of ten baby name books, if you look up Lisa, you see something like this: Pet form of Elizabeth. See Elizabeth. I AM NOT ELIZABETH! I AM LISA! LEE-SAH! L-I-S-A! I am NOT Sara, I am NOT Elizabeth, and I am CERTAINLY NOT LIZ!!!!!

And, contrary to what my mother may mistakenly say sometimes, I am NOT: Saralizalisa you! When she calls me that, I just sort of blink at her and say, "Which one am I?"
  14. it must be the way i pronounce it...but if i had a buck for every phone conversation that went like this...

"hello, leah speaking"
    "oh, hi claire, how are you?"
    "no sorry, its not claire actually, its leah"
    "clea?"
    "yes ok, thats it, clea, how can i help you!?!"
  15. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

well my other names are D for Dwayne or Dynamite D cause i may have a temper but the pills help with that. sometimes im called "that guy who can make me laugh" or just "hey move i want the last of the candy" but my shrink says the voices in my head will stop calling me Mary once the swelling goes down. (dont ask where) i feel reall sorry for my shrink he is my fourth one in two weeks. opps i probley should have not but the cat in the micorwave and the dog in the blender wow. what a mess i can now say im sure going to have a lot more time with my new friend mr Shrink and his stupid storys about his wife that left him for a man who sales jokes over the net. evrything is trunning blue yellow and then green wow i know somone whos name is Green why is there a monkey wearing my jeans. wait i dont even own any jeans now im mad i have a bad monkey here ok well i need another pill got to go bad monkey bye frome your friend in the nut house. if you want to know why im in the nut house because my middle name is Frances the talking mule. ugg i hate it
  16. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Muley's dragged me in here to ask you:
    "Why do you hate Francis the Talking Mule?"

(Sorry, but he wants to know...)

BTW: There's 7 of those films, I think, and they're good, but the best one is Francis Covers the Big Town! See that one if you can.
  17. luvtosr

luvtosr New Member

K-A-T-H-E-R-I-N-E, I know there are about a gazillion ways to spell it but that's my way. Anyway i don't answer to it, I answer to Kate - Not Kay, Kat, Kathy, Kath or Katy - escept in the case of my friend who knew me before I dropped a syllable.
  18. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Ryan! Is my name oh!:D
  19. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Wanna know something a little creepy? I just discovered that there is another member on the forums here whose name is "BryanS". What is creepy about it is that that is my name! As you know, my name is Bryan and my last initial is an "S". So when i saw this I thought I was looking at myself. This person joined the forum quite a while back and I have not seen any posts recently from them, but it was just so weird!:zany:
  20. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

"takes a huge horse pill" i have a lot of problems being called a mule. i am not a donkey for some 50000 pound smelly guy to hope on my back.

Wow that last line sounded like my ex girlfriend lol she was that fat 50000 pounds and not a nice bone in all that fat.

If you would like to know more about my ex grilfriend ask the whole town of Nashville especaly the guys of the town evryone knows her if you know what i mean.