Your OTHER Name...

Reaction score
My real name is Adrianne. It always gets mixed up with Andrea or people say Andrian. But everyone who knows me shortened it to Age. It's been that way since I was very little.

I like my name except when people use it with a "Rocky" reference. ("Yo Adrian") It's not that bad it just gets old. It's not like I haven't heard that before. I had this teacher that called my name like that for roll call everyday of class. :mad:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
so my first name is fairly boring...no big surprise. my LAST name, however, is "Wickliff".
Are you related to anyone named Kara?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i had people in highschool just call me by my last name, which is yarbrough. i would always tell them that they should call me ryan. they'd just look at me and say ok yabrough......ahhhhhhhhh!!!

ryan

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
Are you related to anyone named Kara?
not that i can think of off the top of my head...but i've got a BIG family, and we havn't had any type of reunion since i was like...9.

so it's absolutely possible...but i don't know. believe it or not, there is actually another "Michael Wickliff" here in Indianapolis. according to my mom, we're related somewhere down the line. the bad thing is that he's got a criminal record...i got pulled over for speeding once and almost went to jail because the OTHER guy had a warrant outstanding. when it was all straightened out finally, the cop felt so bad, i got out of the ticket.

true story.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Jessica=Jennifer?

You might think that if you have been leading my life.

(And if you *have* been leading my life, do you think you could get moving on a few things? I can only be so patient.)

Joggy

Reaction score
The way I see it, the name "Jogchem" is just a wrong way to spell the correct Dutch name "Jochem". So of course nobody spells it right the first time. Many of you guys can't pronounce the darn name anyway. Just stick to Jog or Joggy or You Dirty Schizophrenic Maniac.

Joggy

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
Don't spell my name Jacquline!!!! It's JACLYN!!
Yeah, it comes from the ancient Fraggle verb "To Jacle"! EVERYBODY knows that! :smirk:

Joggy

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I am not Brian.
When I was younger I used to think Jim's son's name was Brain Henson.

I think I'm gonna call Byron "Brain" from now on. :excited:

Tinkgumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
believe it or not, there is actually another "Michael Wickliff" here in Indianapolis. according to my mom, we're related somewhere down the line. the bad thing is that he's got a criminal record...i got pulled over for speeding once and almost went to jail because the OTHER guy had a warrant outstanding. when it was all straightened out finally, the cop felt so bad, i got out of the ticket.
Wow, that sounds just like a part from Ben Folds Five's "Regrets." (Not that I doubt your story! I just wonder how common that is!)

What gets my panties in a wad (figuratively) is when people call me Marie. Or Mary. My name is MARIA. With a friggin' 'A'. And then they have the nerve to say it's the same thing, anyway! Even my father-in-law calls me Marie sometimes, and I've been married over 5 years!!!! *grumble grumble grumble*

My husband's name is Gregory, but he always goes by Greg. The only people who call him that are telemarketers, and his family, who haven't realized that he doesn't even call himself that. Me, I just call him Gumby. It's easier. :smile: Especially in crowded stores - it gets his attention!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
My last name is always butcherd! butcherd!!!! they always get my last name wrong! when i was in high school like at an awards essemby or something they would have the populer kids...er, umm what are they called, oh class officers read the names off for awards and stuff, if the person didn't know me, they said my last name wrong infront of the whole croud!!!!! grrrrr, it made me want to snach the mic away from them and correct them....they should practice that stuff! it made me swear that on my night of graduation, if my name was said wrong, i would STOP everything and have it corrected, i wasn't going to go out with my name wrong! lucky and ofcorse an adult was reading the names on grad night, he was one of the student conslers and he knew me, so my name was said correctly:smile: there were no problems for me that night:smile:

Zack)Rowlf the,can't think of anything to write here FOZ! Dog.