1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your OTHER Name...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fozzie Bear, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Baby Animal

Baby Animal New Member

Funny story...

My mom and dad were arguing what to name me. My mom wanted to name me Anthony, my Dad Antonio. Well, after 21 hours of labor, my dad walks into the delivery room and says, "Can we name him Antonio?" "Yeah, whatever. Just get out of here." was my mom's reply, so I'm Antonio. I definately prefer that over Anthony. I go by Tony though.

My last name, on the other hand, is a handful. It is hispanic and it has been butchered more than I remember. Mainly things like Escargo and Escaranzga, Espanosa, Escatology, Es.....
    It got so bad in school that they would say Antonio E.... and I would answer Here before they got a chance to butcher it. It's es-CAR-za-ga. Is that so hard? I live with it though.

What's funny is when people call me David who have never met my father before. I find that interesting.

Tony
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Is your dad named David?
  3. anathema

anathema Active Member

And indeed, I know some very old fart jokes...
  4. Baby Animal

Baby Animal New Member

Yeah. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Tony
  5. That's okay, some things are just created opaque.

:)

:p
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

That's okay Anthony Escargot! ;)

LOL!

Kelvin/Fonzie Bare
  7. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

My name is Beth, and no one, not even my mom, seems to be able to tell me apart from my sister Deborah, who is 22 months younger. We do not look very much alike, either, apart from brown hair and blue eyes.
    In Germany, no one can pronounce the "th" sound, and I get callled "Bess" or "Bet" a lot, but I can't hear the difference, so who cares.
  8. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread before! But what a great idea!

My real world name is David, but I kid you not, 50% of the time at work when I'm talking to associates/customers on the phone they think my name is Steven!! :confused:

How does David sound like Steven?

What's really spooky is there have been a couple of strangers or people I'm talking to on the phone who call me Paul. That happens to be the name of my younger brother whom everyone thinks is my twin (we're actually two years apart but we do look a lot alike). When we were younger people at church were constantly calling me Paul (for some reason noone ever called him David) so for a stranger to do it for no apparent rhyme or reason is weird.

P.S. I work with a guy named Nathan and EVERYONE he speaks with on the phone thinks his name is Nancy :o :) In fact, there was just a lady who spoke with him that called back and said, "I just spoke with the nicest girl. I believe her name was Nancy..." One of my co-workers got the second call and she said, "Oh no, that was Nathan. He's a guy." The lady apologized all over the place.
  9. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Andy-Wan Kenobi... Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time...

My real world name is Andy. Not a big stretch o' the ol' imagination there...

Now my crazy inner-delirium name, on the other hand...
  10. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

What's in a name?

What a cool thread you started Kevin. My birth name is Diana Sharon(not telling my last name).I go by Diana,or my nickname Dee.I hate being called Diane.I've also been called: Dee Dee,Deanna,Deena,Dinana or Nana(my brother as a youngster,couldn't pronounce Diana). People at work still call me Diane.I keep telling them,'Either call me Diana or Dee,is it so hard to remember my name ends with an A?' LOL My hebrew name is Sarah Dina,which is kinda nice too.:zany: I was named after the actress(my dad named me) Diana Rigg,from The Avengers.He also liked Sophia Loren,could have been named after her too,I guess.
  11. muppetmayhem

muppetmayhem Member

MY name is TYLER
  12. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

MY name is Dylan Homer ________....

(;
  13. christyb

christyb New Member

My name is Christy Bondurant (like you couldn't guess my first name right?) And to answer a question that I get sick of is Christy is my name and it isn't short for anything. And unless you are two years old and under don't call me Kissty. Although I don't mind nicknames in general.
    *whew
    Had to get that out. LoL :) !
  14. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

So there was this show in Japan called Takeshi's Castle that had contestants do really dangerous stunts. Spike TV took it, dubbed over everything, made it really funny, Called it "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" and named the hosts Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano, so that's my unoriginal screen name. My real name is Dave. I don't care for David and I HATE Davey. That felt good to finally explain.
  15. superfan

superfan Active Member

Omigod, I LOVE that show, 'Vic'...or Dave...
    GET IT ON!

Anyway, my name is Amy, nice to meet you all and the only story that I can think of is that I watched Little Women (w/Elizabeth Taylor as Amy) and she(Amy) was a stuck up little thing. Then I find out that Mom had liked that name when she had first read it in the Little Women book. Nice name, just a bad attitude attached. Completely unlike myself, thank goodness.
    Everyone seems to spell it all fancy like, like Aimee, Aime, Amee,etc.
    Nope. Plain ol' Amy.
  16. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

My Real Name Is Dante! ;) :)
  17. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

My real name is Alex. Just Alex. That's what I prefer to be called when I'm speaking to someone in person. Sounds pretty simple, right? Well, I've had people call me things like: Alice, Alexa, Alexis, Allie, and my cousins wife asked me if it was OK if she called me "Lexi". At least she asked... Also, (something that must have scarred me for life, since I still remember it) there were at least three, possibly four, boys in my preschool class named Alex. But other than that, I don't mind nicknames, as long as tey're off-the-wall and don't have anything to do with my real name.
  18. alexmongers

alexmongers New Member

heh-heh! good idea for a thread. i don't normally post here but anyway...
    my name is alex. i was born alexander. i hate the "ander" bit its rubbish. i remember at school teachers called me alexander.(and of course titters and giggling followed from my friends in my class) i hated it. years and years later...my girlfriend (whos french), her family call me alexandre! thats worse!
    Everyone calls me alex. close friends and family shorten that to Al. thats fine.but never call me alec! old people call me alec and i hate it. :eek:
  19. pennyring

pennyring New Member

I KNEW Vic Romano sounded familiar! It all makes sense now. One of my good friends is a Davey, btw. Mostly just because he's the baby of the family and wasn't able to shake it. But I wouldn't think of calling him anything else. :)

Awww... I think its sweet! :) I have a friend from France who calls me Ambre all the time.

As a kid I always got "Amy" and "Jennifer" (hello my mother is Jennifer. I'm aware its more common for people my age, and Amber is more common for ten year olds, but I'm not Jennifer!!!)

Customers at our store always call and ask for "Kevin". We don't have a Kevin, sorry. They want my fiance' Erik. How is Erik anything like Kevin?? Someone please explain for me. Thank you. ;)
  20. Amateur. I'm the eighth in my family (and the third in a row with my middle name, in fact)

Let's see... The first immigrant in the patrilineal line was James
    His son was James
    His nephew was James
    His nephew was James
    His son was James
    His nephew was James
    His son is James
    His son is...me

And that's not counting my dad's nephew (by his sister), or his nephew.