1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Luke Active Member

Agreed, use water not gel, Gel may well disolour the feathers.
  2. Davina Member

heh.. sorry I was joking about using hair gel... did use a little water the first day, and they have relaxed a good deal, but they are still all bunched forward over his face, so we've still got some work to do with him... :)
    Hopefully this week will be a bit calmer and I can actually set him up in a nice safe place to work on him.. would you recommend working with wet fingers, or a mister?
  3. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Both ways seem to work. Damp fingertips will give you more control and will look closer right while styling the feathers. Misting him will give him a heavier wet look that will dry in time and fluff back up later. I would recommend starting with fingertips and then seeing if he needs more.
  4. Davina Member

5. Was Once Ernie New Member

I turned him upside down and hit him with a hand hairdryer for a while. That also helped them lay down. I don't remember who it was that originally recommended that way-back-when, but it worked for me. In fact, I never had to wet them.

:p
  6. Davina Member

7. Libba Yuki Member

Are there any good Rizzo plushies out there (I don't know how many of the Muppet Crew MR intends on replicating, so I'm not holding my breath for him)?

Rizzo's Gonzo's best buddy, I think he deserves to be standing along side him when I get my favorite alien in the mail!

BTW Keeermit, your homemade Muppet replicas are amazing from what I saw in the pics you posted in this thread!

::EDIT::

While he's not a plushie, I did find a pretty good Rizzo figure at Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Muppets-Exclu...=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1226985059&sr=1-10 ...but it doesn't say (from what I could see) how big it is.

Anyone have him? And is he about the right size?
  8. frogboy4 Inactive Member

What you are referring to is a small 2-3 inch Muppet action figure from Palisades toys. That was an red and green industry Christmas exclusive one as well. That accounts for the expense. Here's a picture of the prototype. http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Rizzo_Action_Figure and a better idea of what he look like from the more expensive black jacket variant http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Jacket_Rizzo_Action_Figure but either way he is too small for the Gonzo poser.

Here's the best made Rizzo plush: http://www.amazon.com/Rizzo-Rat-Muppet-Show-Plush/dp/B000212VB8 and it is in stock. He's bigger than a Rizzo should be, but he is smaller than the Gonzo poser. Unless you can locate a passable bean version of Rizzo.

Hope this helps. That Rizzo plush is as big as the Kermit, Gonzo and Fozzie plushes made in that assortment, but he is actually the best likeness of all of them. :shifty:
  9. Libba Yuki Member

That's all I needed to know. Thanks a bunch!

Those Palisades figures look really nice though, I'll have to track some of them down (as long as they're not too pricy).
  10. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I dug him out and snapped a picture for a size comparison. Click here to see Gonzo and Rizzo together.
  11. Libba Yuki Member

I think I'll pass on the plushie for Rizzo (he's too big).

Thanks for putting up the pic, btw.
  12. frogboy4 Inactive Member

If you are a fan of all things Muppet yet haven't been collecting their stuff for long I do suggest the action figures. Some of the characters will be very hard to find at a reasonable price like Zoot, but others are out there and are fantastic examples of the characters. Here is a picture taken by someone at one of the conventions back in 2004 http://geekspeak.org/articles/15/palisades_figures1.jpg and a playset review http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_120103a.htm

They made three different scaled Muppets - mini, regular and mega. Rizzo was only made in the regular assortment. Also Sal featured in this picture never was produced.

Back on topic

As for the Gonzo poser, I'll do a little write-up this week about my store display experience. :concern:
  13. MuppetCaper Active Member

Poor Piggy looks like she has a skin condition. I am suprised they didn't redo her at the time these came out. :mad:
  14. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Um...do you have her? I suppose the close-up photograph makes her appear unflatteringly porous, but anyone who's got this Piggy knows it's the best one they did and a fantastic one at that. In fact many fans wanted extra ones of her without the set. Palisades fought hard to get the Muppet texture on her that matched the rest of the Swinetrekkies. The bored expression is a different issue. I wouldn't have chosen that incarnation. I'm also not sold on the visible elbow articulation. I still wish I had the opportunity to work on the pig. However, this is the Piggy of the Palisades collection.
  15. muppetguy Member

Yup!

Dido Frogboy, have her and love her.
  16. Libba Yuki Member

I got my Gonzo last week, but because I had a bit of a cold I didn't want to really touch him or anything. I'm all better now, so I'm not afraid of getting him germy.

They did great with him, although he's harder to pose than I thought (then again, I'm being uber careful while moving his arms out of fear of breaking them...so maybe it's just me).

His eyes look alright to me, not as bad as they looked in the pictures, and fluff under his eyes can easily be smoothed down.

His arms seem a little longer than I thought they would be, and much thinner than I expected as well...making it kinda hard to pose them. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

I am planning on buying clothes for him after the holiday.

The suit is really nice (looks great), but I've always thought he looked nicer in more casual clothing.

I'm thrilled to have him.

Will be thrilled if I ever get Kermit to stand along side him (and Rizzo too, if he ever gets made).
  17. muppetguy Member

Need Help Finding Clothes for Gonzo

I have searched on every website that sells baby clothes and my first want is clothing that represents him from The Muppet Caper. If I can not replicate that, I would like gonzo-ish clothes. I was told by another person here that gonzo wears 18 mo. shirt and pants and infant size 6 shoes. Can anyone help me? Please....:concern:
  18. Was Once Ernie New Member

Here's what I found...

18 months on the shirt will be way too big. I have my Gonzo (not Master Replicas, but built exactly the same size) in a 6-9 month shirt and sweater vest, 12 month pants (rolled into cuffs at the bottom), 12-24 months socks and 3T shoes. I also have the sweater vest rolled at the bottom, but that's the way I actually wear sweaters and sweatshirts so they're not too long.

A good place to look online is The Children's Place. I got everything really cheap when it was on sale. I would have liked a little bit wilder pattern on the shirt and a black and grey sweater vest, but I got what I could for now. I've also realized that the real Gonzo's shirts must be custom made, because he has long arms and no shoulders. Any shirt you buy from a store will obviously have shorter arms and shoulders, but it still works. It just makes his arms look shorter.

Hope this helps!

:p
  19. Davina Member

or buy over sized so it will fit arms and be prepared to make alterations...
  20. muppetguy Member

Thank you, guys!

Happy New Year!