Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

Rowlfharris

Reaction score
I will try.Every time I press the button, it moves the camera, which gives a slight ghost image.
These should be better...
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f388/peterstoymuseum/Gonzo003.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f388/peterstoymuseum/Gonzo004.jpg
Well done muppetperson! I don't know why MR didn't go down that route themselves instead of the sock. After all, many of the real puppets' foam heads were flocked to give them longer resilience and a fuzzy look.

Although later builds of Gonzo did have the raw foam finish, I personally still much prefer the flocking compromise to the knitted fabric we got, which doesn't resemble any finish ever used on the real puppets.

Congrats for proving it could have been done!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
It now says "Due: Soon" on The Collector Zone website. lol. When is "soon"? Is that sooner than later or later than that?

MWoO

Reaction score
it's sooner than later but later than but later than now.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score

Kermieuk

Reaction score
It now says "Due: Soon" on The Collector Zone website. lol. When is "soon"? Is that sooner than later or later than that?
This is getting so annoying! They were so fast with Animal but Gonzo is taking forever. Im gonna stick with it and wait as I know if I cancelled the order and ordered from the states he would arrive at Collector Zone abd I would be waiting longer for the US delivery.

I agree, it means more time before we get billed for him, which is the only positive from this.

If this happens with Fozzie Bear, postage on the big bear will be a lot more than Gonzo postage if we order from the USA!

Chris

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I will try.Every time I press the button, it moves the camera, which gives a slight ghost image.
These should be better...

I like this look much better than the pantyhose nose. From the pictures, the color seems a little dark and too much of one single tone, but I still like it better.

As I understand it, they did try flocking and the problem is that it flakes off. I know Muppetperson will be careful with his, but according to Travis, they are building these for the lowest common denominator, which is why they didn't make it foam. I don't agree with that policy, considering these are aimed at high end collectors, but that's what he said.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like this look much better than the pantyhose nose. From the pictures, the color seems a little dark and too much of one single tone, but I still like it better.

As I understand it, they did try flocking and the problem is that it flakes off. I know Muppetperson will be careful with his, but according to Travis, they are building these for the lowest common denominator, which is why they didn't make it foam. I don't agree with that policy, considering these are aimed at high end collectors, but that's what he said.

:stick_out_tongue:
I like the flocking. I'm glad somebody finally tried it, but I still prefer the current nose the poser came with. It's not perfect but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

I know it's been said that these posers are being geared to the lowest common denominator hence some of the materials and the seemingly nixed Scooter proposal, but this is still a quality product - and one that isn't coming with Sesame Street letters sculpted into the base! :insatiable:

He he. Seriously, aside from some of the few differences I have with Master Replica's line I am surprised by how much faith they have in this product in general. There haven't been any gimmicks or shenanigans surrounding this product and I appreciate that very much.

I play with my Gonzo every day! Interpret that how you want! :concern:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments.yes, the nose is a bit on the dark side, but the original color was a bit too light.Maybe somewhere inbetween.Then again, the original TV Gonzo puppet did have a dark purple flocked nose.And to antonydanzo and mistersuperstar-
flocking is when you spray a surface with fibre particles mixed with glue.This gives a fuzzy texture.Now to stay low so I dont get headhunted.I believe the Bahamas is a nice place to hide!