1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Do you have any pictures of yours around, Beau?

I guess it would have to depend on how "off" the poser you get turns out. Some are better than others, aren't they? I don't remember hearing of any that were quite right, but some looked pretty darn good (like Prawnie's).
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

3. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

That was my biggest fear but its really easy to do....once you have moveable pupils its a lot more fun anyway!
    Here are my boys, I have not really moved them for a while, I have Animal almost perfect and dont wanna disturb him now!
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/antonydavanzo/Muppets/S8301344.jpg
  4. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

5. TML

TML Active Member

I was so excited when I initially heard that Master Replicas were going to be doing the Muppets. Then I saw photos of Kermit and Animal and eventually Gonzo (the worst by far), and I didn't purchase any of them.
    Then recently I started seeing some photos on the message board of people that had broken their Kermit in a little and replaced Gonzo's zombie pupils and I started thinking they didn't look so bad. So I broke down and ordered just Kermit and Gonzo, since Animal is sort of out of place without the Mayhem.
    When I received them, I was nervous about opening them. What if I just spent nearly four hundred dollars and I don't like them? Well, once they were opened and Kermit was fussed with and I had replaced Gonzo's pupils only minutes upon openeing, I f_ _ _ _ ing LOVE them. They are brilliant. If you are on the fence, fall off it and order them. Now I want Animal and am beside myself with anticipaition for my fave, Fozzie Bear. Order yours today, don't delay, operators are standing by. :o
  6. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

The MR Animal thread has newer posts, but this group pic I'm about to share with you shows a bigger difference in my MR Gonzo, though Animal does have a new hat...

Here it is, enjoy!
    :)
    Anthony
  7. Telly

Telly Active Member

hahahahahahaha LOVE the hat!
  8. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Thats well cool! I'm loving the hat and Gonzo's new get-up. How did you get Animals jaw to close that much?
  9. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I still need to buy Animal >_>

Anyway what size clothes does Gonzo wear? The suit is iconic and looks great and everything... but lord knows I wouldn't wanna stand around in a suit all day! I wanna get him some casual clothes lol.
  10. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Preeeeety cool picks everybody!
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Until he arrives this will have to do.
  13. Telly

Telly Active Member

Just like back in the day with the Palisades figures, i love seeing how everyone's displayed their posers!
  14. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

I am on the hinge of getting Gonzo, for a great price (as I got Animal 130 less than MR price) and was wondering if someone could explain how his mouth worked? Is it wire like the frog or hinged plates like Animal?

Thanks

Kevin
  15. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Seems to be the hinged plates, except that they're full-sized. Well, the full size of his mouth is what I mean, not a tiny disc under the tongue like on Animal.

Cheers!
    :)
    Anthony
  16. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

But not really poseable per say?

Kevin
  17. Davina

Davina Member

woohoo... Ok.. I just ordered my Animal and Gonzo figures! If you've been sitting on the fence about them (for me it was a good deal financially) MR has them marked down right now, $100 off each... (for me this was a bonus, finally got a settlement check from a car accident last year and had decided we'd buy these 2 first thing before something happened to divert the $ elsewhere again..) so I got both for just under $500, plus free shipping (and to alaska, that's a big deal..)

Anyway.. so, soon these 2 will be making their appearance at my house!
    *can't wait, can't wait, can't wait*

We already have Kermit, he's sitting on top of a book case in my living room atm.. usually he's fishing, but right now he's playing with his new microphone :)
    just have to get or make him a lil trench coat and hat.. hehehe
    And he has a little santa outfit for christmas..
    so now i've got to start thinking of outfit ideas for the other 2!

pictures once they arrive (hopefully they won't need too much tweaking.. will need opinions on Gonzo's eyes, I suppose...)
  18. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

I'm sure you're all tired of hearing me say how disappointed I was with the Master Replicas Gonzo. So much so, that I didn't buy one. But I did the next best thing, I built my own. Here are the first three pictures of him:

Gonzo 1

Gonzo 2

Gonzo 3

The best thing, he's an actual hand puppet! I'll try to take some pictures of him in action soon.

:p
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

You got the mouth corners so much better. :concern:
  20. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

In studying pictures, there's too much nose surface area exposed on the MR Replica. It's just not the right shape or too big or something. I'm not talking about the part that sticks out, but the area around it. I can't quite put my finger on it. But when I sewed the fur to the foam, especially in side view, I had a great picture of a Henson Gonzo that I was going by.

:p