Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I'm suprised they didn't do the same thing inside Gonzo's mouth as they did with Kermit's mouth.
I thought it was made with the same material, it looks that way on the photos anyway? :confused: as to why they used foam......could we see pics in 10 yrs time of Gonzo minus an inner mouth and eye lids :big_grin:

ButchCat

Reaction score
My other reason for posting is that my Gonzo has 2 little 'slits' in the red foam on the roof of his mouth just above his 'throat'. Is that the way these have all been done? I was not sure if it was a factory defect in mine or not.
Hi all,

I guess I had better nip this in the bud before this gets into something it should not. Rowlfharris. Don’t panic because that is the way Gonzo’s mouth is supposed to be. That’s the way it is on the real McCoy. To prove this I have posted pictures on MySpace of how it looks. If one of you guys can go in copy and post it on here to ease Rowlfharris’s mind I’d appreciate it and except my thanks.

Terry Angus

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yikes! I just logged in to post that my Gonzo has arrived in Perth, Western Australia (just collected from the post office).

Just saw your post about flocking Gonzo. I commend you for taking on the risk in trying this procedure, and if it works it should look 100% better than the sock.

But masking tape? No way! I hope you haven't done any permanent damage. What I would suggest is wrapping the parts of his head that you don't want flocked in something like elastic cloth bandages. The hardest part will be around the eyes, but you can stick pins through the bandages straight into his stuffed head to hold the edges exactly where needed. Perhaps wrap something like 'Glad wrap' over the eyeballs first. The idea would be to use protective materials that do not actually stick to Gonzo but are held in place by wrapping and pins so that it can all be easily removed after the flocking process.

My other reason for posting is that my Gonzo has 2 little 'slits' in the red foam on the roof of his mouth just above his 'throat'. Is that the way these have all been done? I was not sure if it was a factory defect in mine or not.

I am also surprised at the amount of foam used on Gonzo considering they opted for the sock over the nose. If this foam does crumble in time, the inside of his mouth is going to be a real mess (not to mention the eye lids!) although probably repairable if that happened.
congratulations in bringing another Gonzo over to Australia.Thanks for the material wrap idea, but I just got an email that they have flocked him.I will have to see what the outcome is when I get him back and $150 later!
Regarding the inside of Gonzo's mouth, when I saw it, it looked more like fibre matting than foam(like they use for filters in Range hoods).

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Hi all,

I guess I had better nip this in the bud before this gets into something it should not. Rowlfharris. Don’t panic because that is the way Gonzo’s mouth is supposed to be. That’s the way it is on the real McCoy. To prove this I have posted pictures on MySpace of how it looks. If one of you guys can go in copy and post it on here to ease Rowlfharris’s mind I’d appreciate it and except my thanks.

Terry Angus
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/m1stersuper5tar/l_0e53a8f30b66ecef8b7909489ef4153b.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/m1stersuper5tar/l_9e010be9f67a995976bced371923f4d2.jpghttp://i4.phof67a995976bced371923f4d2.jpg

Rowlfharris

Reaction score
Hi all,

Terry Angus
OK Thanks so much Terry (and Mistersuperstar), that had me a bit worried.

It was just that I didn't recall ever seeing Gonzo's mouth done that way inside. I had always thought it was just a sort of soft-edge faded black throat that was painted in with a black airbrushing technique.

So long as its not a defect I'm happy with it.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Cheers Rich.
Well UK members, tomorrow we apparently will get Gonzo (if you go by the websites date).......so lets touch wood and cross everything:big_grin: , besides Reevz1977 has to eat a can of alphabetic spaghetti if I am right:smile:
All of the US members have had me jealous over the last couple of weeks.......cant wait to join in with some pics!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Not a WHOLE can...just my words. 7 pieces, no more, no less - you ain't going all Seven on me are you - making me eat til I burst!:concern:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
The date says the 7th March, Its only the 6th tomorrow. Also it says that is the expected date, I read it that it means the date he is expected at there warehouse, then they will process the orders so at the earliest it will be next week! I hope Im wrong, but thats how I understand it?

Chris