1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, Feb 18, 2008.

1. But is that with free or minimal postage cost? Also, would they get Gonzo any sooner than The Collector Zone? From my experience, Forbidden Planet don't get stuff in until quite a while after most other places.

2. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

They say 30th March, which is after CZ but we've waited this long, postage is £2.50 and with Quidco discount plus up to another 10% I've just found on a voucher code site the actual price could be £140.00

Up to you, I'm justing doing my father justice by being a good frugal Jewish girl!

;)

3. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

My experience with Forbidden Planet was bad, and I will not use them again. I ordered the Swedish Chef Playset, even after it arrived as in stock it took them 28 days to get it to me, the box was all bashed up when it arrived.

They have got better but Im gonna stick to Collector Zone, at least I know I will have it a few days after they get it in stock.

Chris

4. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

*Sigh*, another week, still no weirdo:boo: :sympathy:

5. Yeah. :sympathy: I wanna start clothes shopping for him. He needs a nice casual shirt and jeans or khakis. On another note, I wonder how long it will be before Fozzie is up for pre-order?

6. Reevz1977

I just want more friends, I'm getting lonely and Animal and Kermit are doing my nut in!:rolleyes:

7. The Captain

The Captain New Member

So are all us UK Gonzo buyers ready for clothes shopping for the little guy?

I don't really look forward to perusing the kiddies section of M&S for check shirts!

Anyone know where they're going to get their clobber from?

8. Reevz1977

I'm off on a washing line run!:D

9. Telly

Telly Active Member

Question for those that have Gonzo...
    Any problem with his hair? The way mine was packed made his hair look like the side ponytail thing that Janice had going on in the 80's.

10. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Did you ever get his pupils on yet Telly? We have been waiting for picture ya know. ;)

11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:) I was inspired by your painted results, Muppet Caper, and decided to add a little pink to Gonzo's lip. http://wijitworld.com/stock_images/gonzo_lips.jpg
    It's hard to tell in this picture, but I think it turned out pretty good. Such a small accent does so much. :concern:

12. Telly

Telly Active Member

I haven't messed with the pupils. I need me some Goo-Gone. I was at Walgreens when I remembered, but they had like a bottle that was bigger than I needed for like six bucks. I couldn't find it at Target and I haven't been to Wal-Mart in awhile. :(
    The clothes I got for Gonzo are too big...18-24 I believe. A girl at work has an almost two year old. She said she'd look for a pair of khakis for me.!

13. Telly

Telly Active Member

Frogboy...how do you keep his eyelids up? I'm worried I'll ruin them.

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

15. Telly

Telly Active Member

Ooooh brilliant! I haven't altered my Gonzo's pupils yet. He still looks like he stepped outta Season One

16. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

Are we ever going to get Gonzo?

):(

17. We will. Give it time. We have all this to look forward to! :)

18. Ignohippo

Ignohippo Member

Sorry to have misinformed you Telly! I have 18-24 clothes on my Gonzo and they're perfect. I've also tried 18 month and 12 month clothing and those are good too. It may depend on what look you are going for and what style of clothing it is. I like the larger sizes for more casual clothes.

19. 12 month old clothing seems to work best for Kermit and I'm guessing that he and Gonzo have a similar build. I'm still holding back until I get him before doing any clothes shopping so I can measure him first.

20. Roughneck

Roughneck New Member

I got Gonzo today...and I am blown away at how great he is....sure there are little flaws and things I would change......but man......the shoes....are real.....and he's got real socks on too boot...that just blew me away.

Also does anyone have the Pallisades mega Muppet Camilla with thier Gonzo? Hows it work for scale?