Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

Telly

Reaction score
A friend I work with thinks the 18-24 month clothing is going to be too big for Gonzo. Her sister just had a baby boy and coincidently has a sweater vest. We're gonna play dolls next week. :insatiable:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I am running into problems getting my Gonzo flocked.I taped him up, leaving the area to be flocked exposed, to save some time and money, but now it looks like it is a curse.I started to use masking tape,but found it didnt stick.Then I went with Gaffa tape, and it has lifted in places since it arrived at the flocking place.Not to mention that they were horified as the Gaffa tape will leave a tacky residue when pulled off.So now they have to look at something else that will stop the flocking going on to the fur.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
the earthquake woke me up i had no idea what was going on.
Hi Guys,

Well it must be getting close to getting our Gonzo's?

I went to Paris on Monday and came back yesterday so I had no idea there had been an eathquake. I dont know if it was felt here in Somerset anyway?

Has anyone spoke to the collector zone to see if he is still expected on Monday.....................fingers crossed!

Chris

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Yes, at 1:00am my whole bed shook it was like a scene from Bednobs and Broomsticks. My boyfriend thought I imagined it, I thought there was a poltergiest in the room. Bloke thought I was mad, but laughed the other side of his face by the time he got to work when he relised that I was telling the truth and mocked my nerves and looking up how to deal with unwanted spirits!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Argh! You should have gone to disneyshopping.com. He is only $250 there. Maybe you can cancel the e-Bay transaction? If you use the current promotion code for 29% off, he comes out to about $175. He's still available folks, go get him cheap!

How quickly does disneyshopping ship? Oh well it doesn't matter because I got my Gonzo today! I just bought him tuesday night too! The seller shipped him very quickly :big_grin: Oh and my Gonzo was $277 including shipping which I thought was a great deal.

Anyway Gonzo's super-duper-awesome! I'm definitely going to have to take some sweet pics in the coming days. I can't wait!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Well it must be getting close to getting our Gonzo's?

Has anyone spoke to the collector zone to see if he is still expected on Monday.....................fingers crossed!

Chris
I think another couple of weeks:eek:

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
How quickly does disneyshopping ship? Oh well it doesn't matter because I got my Gonzo today! I just bought him tuesday night too! The seller shipped him very quickly :big_grin: Oh and my Gonzo was $277 including shipping which I thought was a great deal.

Anyway Gonzo's super-duper-awesome! I'm definitely going to have to take some sweet pics in the coming days. I can't wait!
It says on the website that it would ship 2-3 weeks after order. I got mine in a little less than 3 weeks. He just got here today! You definitely got a better shipping time than I did. My wallet is a little light right now so I didn't mind the wait. I just hope I could help some other people out by saving about $100.

rexcrk

Reaction score
So upon playing with my Gonzo a little more I think I love him a TON more! It's just simply amazing, I'm really impressed by his outfit! He's even got SOCKS!

Prior to this replica the only Gonzo plush I had was the one by Sababa Toys which, compared to this Gonzo, isn't that great! I love his little shoes and everything! I'll definitely take some sweet pics soon.

Rowlfharris

Reaction score
I am running into problems getting my Gonzo flocked.I taped him up, leaving the area to be flocked exposed, to save some time and money, but now it looks like it is a curse.I started to use masking tape,but found it didnt stick.Then I went with Gaffa tape, and it has lifted in places since it arrived at the flocking place.Not to mention that they were horified as the Gaffa tape will leave a tacky residue when pulled off.So now they have to look at something else that will stop the flocking going on to the fur.
Yikes! I just logged in to post that my Gonzo has arrived in Perth, Western Australia (just collected from the post office).

Just saw your post about flocking Gonzo. I commend you for taking on the risk in trying this procedure, and if it works it should look 100% better than the sock.

But masking tape? No way! I hope you haven't done any permanent damage. What I would suggest is wrapping the parts of his head that you don't want flocked in something like elastic cloth bandages. The hardest part will be around the eyes, but you can stick pins through the bandages straight into his stuffed head to hold the edges exactly where needed. Perhaps wrap something like 'Glad wrap' over the eyeballs first. The idea would be to use protective materials that do not actually stick to Gonzo but are held in place by wrapping and pins so that it can all be easily removed after the flocking process.

My other reason for posting is that my Gonzo has 2 little 'slits' in the red foam on the roof of his mouth just above his 'throat'. Is that the way these have all been done? I was not sure if it was a factory defect in mine or not.

I am also surprised at the amount of foam used on Gonzo considering they opted for the sock over the nose. If this foam does crumble in time, the inside of his mouth is going to be a real mess (not to mention the eye lids!) although probably repairable if that happened.

Telly

Reaction score
I'm suprised they didn't do the same thing inside Gonzo's mouth as they did with Kermit's mouth.