Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

doc hopper

Reaction score
#402 has arrived in Los Angeles. he rocks. :smile:

looking forward to gonzo. :concern:

Garland

Reaction score
Anyone dare to take a guess as to when we can preorder Gonzo? Just a guess...give me a month in 2007 to look forward to.

Rugby

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
L:flirt:VE the pic. I can honestly say between you and Anthony, my thoughts have completely been reversed on the MR Kermit. I'm moving in 2 weeks, so the $$$ is very tight, but in about 2 months, I just confirmed with the boss (my wife :wink: ) that I will get one. :excited:

I'm with Vic. My doubts have been erased. Thanks Kermieuk and thanks to the other good pic someone else put up.(sorry, it's late and can't remember who it was)

rexcrk

Reaction score
Is this Kermit still available to order? I recently got a job so have actual money now! And even though $200 is kind of expensive I do have a feeling it'll be worth it down the road.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
does anyone have a count on who/how many there are? - I ordered 2 directly from MR and they should be here shortly.

Over on the old Plaisades board we used to keep track of the rare Lunchbox Figures. Might be nice to do that with Kermit and the others so that we can authenticate for trades.

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
I am very happy...I received my Kermit today! Number 137. He sure looks great in person. But, being the perfectionist I am and having a very sharp eye...I do have a few comments. The over all presentation is very nice. The box looks great with all the artwork and the satin lining. Top notch. Kermit is very well put together. At first, I was like...he looks a bit small. But I know the photo puppets are a bit smaller than the working puppets. It has been 28 years since I last saw the real Kermit in person at the Art Of The Muppets exhibit in L.A., so I don't recall the size. Things do look bigger on camera as well. As far as a perfect likeness...a few things...the eye balls are placed a bit too close together. It's plain to see when compared to any photo or movie clip. If they were spread out even an 8th of an inch, they would be perfect. The pupils don't look as bad in person, but they are cut a tiny bit big. I almost want to say that maybe the actual eye balls themselves are a tad small. I don't know what the collar on the real Kermit is made of, but to me it looks a little bit cheap. There is no weight to it like you see in the films. It is just regular craft store felt. I could be wrong about that but I am trusting my eye. The last thing is, I wish they had not stuffed the head so much. I think there would be more room for expression and "Kermit wrinkles" in the face and head, if they had held back on the foam a little. They could of injected foam into the rest of the body but then placed broken pieces of foam in the face. That would of given you more to push around in the head. Kermit has a ^ shape to the top of his head and upper lip and it is hard to achieve that with the injected poly foam. With those problems fixed...Kermit would have looked like he walked right off the set of one of his movies. But, all and all, It is a very nice collectable. These are just my opinions. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. Either way the Kermit Replica Photo Puppet is a must have for any Muppet fan. Master Replicas did a great job. I am looking forward to purchasing Gonzo. :smile:

Danielsp

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
hey Dan,

I take it that that site we ordered our Kermits from, timespacetoys, must have there shipments of Kermits in now! if you go to the site hes NO longer for pre-order on there! so he MUST be in there wharehouse now?! :smile:

Hey, thanks for that... (been away for the weekend, so only just seen your post). Great news to come back to!! I haven't heard form them at all, but great that they're in contact with you...

Hopefully we'll get him soon too... great to see all the fab pics of him from everyone. :excited:

Dan

CBPuppets

Reaction score
It would be nice to see that Ideal Kermit Puppet that they had in the 60s.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Got to love the dhl tracking service...my Kermit is now in the country at last...how long he'll take to get to me from East Midlands I'm not sure though.