1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Nov 1, 2008.

1. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I know. LOL!
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

And you know, unrelated to FR, but I can totally hear Scooter saying that to Kermit during a speech, lol. :) ;)
  3. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Yeah, I could see that too.

It was also great seeing Jim do the loud Convincing John voice then going back to his soft relaxed voice. :)
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

And I loved how Jim responded with, "Jerry you were on that shoot, right?" Lol

It's great how the whole group laughed at his Convincing John moment, I think it shows they liked the show too, it wasn't just a job. It's really great of them to share that on a DVD.
  5. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Still excited about getting this set, slightly disapointed that the poster is something that we have seen before, Its also on the Music and Magic CD sleeve, but still a nice bit of art.

The box and the bonus features look great.

I have this ordered here in the UK and it was dispatched on Wednesday, I was gutted when the postman walked right past my door yesterday as it was my birthday and would have been great if it had arrived then, but I guess I'll have to wait, hopefully be here on Monday?

Great Review Phil

Chris
  6. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

and rich :p
    *mopes*
    Anyhow, I am making do with the AUS season 4 for now, I am sure many of the extras will carry over to a US season 4 and if not there is always Youtube :). After all, it is not like the AUS season 4 (even if it is missing Sidebottom Blues) is not officially made by HIT :). Also, like the US single boxsets the AUS season four has character menus ;).
  7. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Unless I missed them on one of the discs, it appears these didn't make the cut either. There is an earlier Fraggle DVD which included the UK show open though.
  8. zns

zns Active Member

Yeah they showed the beginning of it on the season two boxed set. I just didn't see anything on the review though, so that's why I asked. Thanks for the info though. Christmas is less than two months away. Whoopie :excited:
  9. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Are the remaining "Postcards from Traveling Matt" bumpers included? I don't think all of them have been issued yet...
  10. zns

zns Active Member

It doesn't look like they are within this set. Who knows?
  11. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

No additional ones are included with the Season 4 bonus features.
  12. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Phillip, when you mention that the people behind FR talk about other episodes in the bonus parts, what episodes from FR did they talk about other than the finale?
  13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Do you know where the exact opening from the UK version is on the Season 2 set? I've been looking and can't seem to find it.
  14. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

The one thing i was really hoping was the Fraggles look for jobs, but it looks like a good box set. Hopefully a single season 4 will be released and it would be nice if it did a few new bonus features like maybe the new Red Fraggle short and Fraggles look for jobs. We just have to wait and see.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Karen and Red were to do some public Fraggling around the release of this series. I wonder if that's going to happen? :excited:
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I hate to say this but... it would be a real kick in the head if the singular FR vol 4 has all the stuff they didn't include. I seem to have jinxed it now.

I'm still on the fence about this. It's cheaper to get all the volumes like this, and I do like the box. And the risk of S4 not being release (for no apprent reason). But then again, you don't get the books and reproductions you get with the singulars. And what I said... risk of S4 having extra stuff the other doesn't.

Plus, as far as full sets go, I'm puttin' all my money into Ghostbusters.
  17. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Well I guess you can't have everything...(unless you buy everything)...but that Ghostbuster set does look amazing!
  18. therockliveson

therockliveson New Member

My complete series set arrived today and it is definitely better than I expected! :flirt: I hope that folks have news about season 4 very soon ...
  19. getup

getup New Member

well, i'm probably going to end up buying it tomorrow at best buy. i'm 95% sure i'm buying it i just have to keep convincing telling myself that i'm a fan and it will be cool to have all of the releases even if i am double dipping. i've gotta just tell myself it's worth it.

oh, and yeah, i'm super excited for the ghostbusters set too. thank goodness for their payment plan. haha. but that set looks more than amazing.
  20. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I expect the special features that didn't make it onto this complete set will probably be on a Season 4 set in the future.

I'm keeping the 'extras' from the prior 3 DVD sets, but will be giving the first 3 seasons to a friend of mine for their upcoming child.

The review was good and informative and actually has made me want the set rather than waiting. I love the 3-d packaging, too. That's beautiful! I can't wait to see the whole speech by Jim and Jerry as mentioned regarding the wrap party. Anything to hear them speak and hopefully impart some kind of wisdom or philosophy will be great!