1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Davina

Davina Member

sounds like HIT didn't plan the packaging very well (on top of everything else...)
  2. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Yeah, a lot of people are complaining about loose and scratched discs, that I've noticed.
  3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It seems like the single sets were better made *hides* :(
  4. jadekitten

jadekitten New Member

they were, the new set is made like a 3 ring binder with just lil slits for each disc, like those folders from elementary school, the single sets have those hard plastic rings in the center to keep the discs in
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The Whole Set In One Place...but something

Okay, well...I waited a week and then broke down and got this set. My opinions:

Packaging: Love the binder! Discs came loose, but play fine. I think they could have done a better job with the graphic art inside. We know there are a gazillion more hi-res Fraggle pictures that could have been used so I feel kind of robbed about that. Also the weird red airbrushing on the Junior Gorg image is poorly done. It seems this layout artist believes that purchasing Adobe Suite makes an artist. It's okay, but amateurish. The outside logo sculpture is cool and so is the magnetic clasp. The clear plastic shell that has the characters printed on it and the cardboard box backing both seem a little excessive and disjointed. The color coated discs are a nice touch that could still use a bit of character graphics. That's where we could use more of a Fraggley touch. 4/5 Wembleys for the inconsistent but noble attempt. :coy:

Extras: Watching Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, Jerry Juhl and the fabulous Ms. Karen Prell toast the Fraggles at their internal crew gathering made me tear up. It is abbreviated and most of the other special features are things we have seen before. I would have liked to see the proposed Red short, some new arrangements and some animated episodes included. The poster is cool, but nothing new. I will likely have it pressed and framed. I always enjoyed that drawing. Still, I wanted a little more from this set. 4/5 good intentioned and enthusiastic Reds for the extras. :excited:

The Shows: Aww...come on. You know the shows get 5/5 traveling Gobos for all the themes and caves explored in these 4 seasons of Fraggle Rock. :smirk:

Worth: Well, this series set is worth what a fan thinks it is worth. It is certainly interesting and creatively done. It has all of the episodes. That's good. You might want to wait for the price to come down or for some holiday cash, gift certificates or actually confirming this on your Christmas list. Fraggles in any form are worth it. I still think a season 4 set is coming and it will likely have the same material. I do, however, prefer the binder. 3/5 wistful Mokeys for worth.

Fan Treatment: Hit receives a very low score in my book for fan treatment in stringing along the longtime supporters only to hose them in the end with the absence of a single season 4 choice. I am becoming more irritated by that company with each release. They started off so thoughtful, but have ended up rewarding those who haven’t supported the Fraggle DVDs with a bargain while leaving us with the bill. Tacky! They get 1/5 gloomy Boobers for treating us so rudely. Do they “owe” the fans anything? No. But this is a terrible business practice that can only tarnish their reputation.

3/5 overall score
  6. vaati64

vaati64 Member

This is the exact problem that I had. I didn't buy mine off line though. I got it at my local bestbuy for about $98 when tax came in. Luckily, we were able to open up the other two sets on the shelf and take a semi fine set and make one pretty good set. The other problem I've noticed is that as you slide the discs out of their pocket/sleeve, the discs start to scratch. I can only hope that HIT does something about this.
  7. jadekitten

jadekitten New Member

i am glad, but also somewhat saddened that i'm not alone in my experience
  8. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Thanks for the review, Frogboy.

I'll get the full seasons set, but it's going to be down the road a pace or two before I get it. It seems like a really nice box, with the logo and all that.

Did they ever mention why they cut down the extra features? Why the wrap party was edited down? I don't know why they didn't leave it intact?
  9. Gold Demona

Gold Demona Active Member

Your whole entry made perfect sense, but that last section hit closest to home, and I agree with it totally.
    It just isn't fair. :(
  10. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

I think we've known it would only be "excerpts" from the wrap party. I'm sure the entire event was quite lengthy.
  11. Traveling Matt

I would call HIT and let them know about it: 1-866-405-7625.

It's really disappointing to hear about those scratched discs (especially if half of them fell out). That's much more than one or two - that's ten!

Improperly-housed discs are the primary reason I avoid complete series sets like the plague. The only economically-feasible way to produce a giant set like that is to store the discs in pockets or sleeves, yet DVDs are not meant to be treated that way. Ridiculous.
  12. jadekitten

jadekitten New Member

thanks i'll try that although i read on here they only talk to press now or something?
  13. Traveling Matt

No, that's their customer service number. It should work, but they're sometimes away from the desk, so you have to be diligent.

Let us know what happens...
  14. FraggleBoy26

FraggleBoy26 New Member

The same thing happened to me as well! I purchased from a local Best Buy, only to return home and find that 8 out of the 10 bottom-row placed discs had been loose and scratched up against the metal in the 3-ring binder. I returned the set to Best Buy where we opened up 3 more sets only to find this the case in all 3! The girl let me make one decent set out of the ones we had opened, but there were still 6 discs that I felt were in unsatisfactory condtion for the $90 pricetag. I took it upon myself to call HIT and explain the situation. The representative apologized but then said that it was not HITs fault because they didn't distribute the sets, LionsGate did. She then proceeded to give me a phone # to call at LionsGate customer service. After speaking to two different people, I was finally advised to send in the scratched discs to their customer service department in Santa Monica, CA with a copy of my receipt, and I will have replacement discs mailed back to me. I sent the discs to them on Nov 7th with them arriving on Nov 10th (I did delivery confirmation). And now the waiting begins....
  15. jadekitten

jadekitten New Member

please let me know if it's even worth the time to go through all that
  16. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Argh :eek: Metal+DVDs=not good:cry:. At this point I think, if you don't have any of the seasons and can't wait (or can) the single sets might be a better choice for getting working DVDs, AUS season four or not :o
  17. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Will be interested in finding out what happens. That is just wrong.
  18. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It is wrong when you have to go out of your way to get DVDs that work and pay shipping when you already paid for working ones from the get go IMHO :cry:
  19. jadekitten

jadekitten New Member

i returned mine to dvdempire and am also waiting
  20. ninjagobo

ninjagobo New Member

I hadn't noticed that. Thanks. Now, I can quit scouring my DVDs to try and find it.