1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock DVD

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Jul 20, 2004.

1. baby sinclair

baby sinclair New Member

hmmm, sounds like a good idea i'll buy another one and donate it to my library.
  2. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Yes, thats very nice :) lets ALL do that shell we? ;) donate Fraggle DVDs to our local librarys! :D
  3. FragglettesMom

FragglettesMom New Member

Fraggle Rock DVD

I went to the WalMart store that is near my house yesterday, and discovered that it is being remodeled. It is a mess ! I managed to find some of the dvd's and video tapes all smashed together, but I could not find the FRAGGLE ROCK DVD! I did find a new Fraggle Rock VHS from HIT for $5.96. I could not find anyone around to ask about the DVD, so I called my sister and she is going to try the WalMart store where she lives. I did not read here on the forum that there was a VHS being released, so I was surprised to see it yesterday.
  4. GoMoWeBoRe

GoMoWeBoRe New Member

hitstoreusa ships it to europe within about 6 to 8 weeks (!!).

if you're ordering from europe they'll ask you to confirm your order:

If you're ordering from Europe you should assure hit that your dvd-player is capable of playing region-1-dvds in the 'comments'-area in hit's order form to avoid delay...

:smirk:
  5. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

I purchased my copy of the Fraggle DVD yesterday. I will say that before now I probably had only seen about three episodes of Fraggle Rock, though I watched the animated series all the time.

FR is cute and all, and I mainly purchased it in the hopes that it will persuade the powers that be to release season sets for my Muppet friends, but I think I will donate mine to the library as well. I can't see myself watching it again, not like I do the Muppet Show DVDs.
  6. Wembley

Wembley Member

I was at the WMSC in Epping, the new one right at 101 & 125 and they had the VHS. When I get back from Las Vegas I'll stop in and see if they have the DVD. I got a friend who works there so he'll probably have one set aside for me..... :)

Oh, they did have the VHS, inline with the other VHS tapes on the main shelves in the AV section, with the wrong price tag in front of it. Technically, HIT has a kiosk in the "action alley" that runs by the electronics section and it probably should have gone there....

-Rick "Wembley" Miller
    ..."You can NOT leave the magic!"

7. Brian Damage

Brian Damage New Member

Still eBaying.

CoOKIE: Ah, right. Well, the water must come from a free source somewhere, or someone at the water company'd get suspicious...
  8. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

I come from Rhode Island and the DVD was surly enough at my local Wal-Mart on Tuesaday the 27th. Did you go before the 27th? I suggest you go back and check.
    Also.. once again, have there been any signs of the DVDs/VHSs selling out?
  9. baby sinclair

baby sinclair New Member

At the walmart down the street by my house they sold out last thursday after just 2 days.I also tried to tell every one on warrics petition but no one payed me much attention oh well :( *sigh*.
  10. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Boy, they did here theres ONLY like 6 left when i checked lastnite! :) good thing i grabed my copy and a copy for the library :D well thats good that there selling tho! :halo:
  11. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Can you imagine how many people don't know about these DVDs that would love to know? Wal-Mart should have a huge sign or something... maybe i'll have to run around the store, scream'n up n down the isles "BUY THE FRAGGLE ROCK DVD IN THE ELECTRONIC SELCTION!"... or maybe not... lol :smirk:
  12. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I asked HIT! the best way to give feedback on the DVD, that would make the most impact on future releases. They said fans can write well thought out letters to give their personal thoughts to the HIT! staff. But the best way is to fill out and send in the servey card in the DVD case (it looks like a registration card asking for comments, age, gender, ect.)

This card will help them see what type of people bought this dvd, and would buy more (Families, adult fans, teens, children, casual fans, hard core fans, ect.). Fill it out, send it back. Also tell them if you want season sets, no merged episodes, extras, or anything else in the comments section too. Some DVDs don't have the card for some reason (just like the more DVD coming in fall 2004 card). But if you got one, use it.
  13. baby sinclair

baby sinclair New Member

Yeah,sadly hundreds are signing warrics petition each day i hope he reads this and post something on the petion to let those thousands of people know about these dvd's.Cause if we get them all to buy these that would certainly help.But obviously people are finding these in the store for a real low price and are buying them up. ;)
  14. My store started with 14 when I baught mine now there are only 6! Great news!
    Ty
  15. Chuck

Chuck New Member

I looked at my local WalMart last Tuesday 7/27. Their DVD rack had an empty slot marked for Fraggle Rock...but no copies. Their report said they had 11 copies. The lady was nice enough to go in back to check, but no luck.

I went back today 8/4, and got one. I had to ask again, but the same lady had seen the VHS version and felt they should have the DVD. After a trip to the back again, she brought all 11 out.

BTW -- I stopped into Best Buy on Monday to see if perhaps they had the DVD, but no. Not even an entry that it was on order. So it appears Walmart does indeed have an exclusive.

What others had said are true -- the two "regular" episodes are merged, but this only means HIT doesn't end the first with credits and start the second with the full opening. There is a title break between episodes.

Audio on both episodes is great! Clear, crisp with good bass.

The video is not as good. I expected a sharp picture, but not being digitally remastered or anything, the transfer is average at best.

Getting a third episode was a nice bonus. I did not see any audio lag, but mine had a very annoying humm throughout. I'm assuming HIT threw this one on at the last minute and didn't give it the same treatment.

The Pingu episode is for introduction only. I expected nothing and was satisfied.

But overall -- who cares, eh! I get to dance my cares away with friends of old.

I will definitely send in my survey card and request more!
  16. Mark Filton

Mark Filton New Member

Ah, some good old stuff. Reveling in nostalgia we are :D
  17. POCC

POCC New Member

Still no Fraggle DVD

I live in the Mountains outside of Colorado Springs. My local Wal-Mart is in the Springs and as this date they still don't have the Fraggle Rock DVD or Video. Thet say it is on backorder but I wonder if some Wal Marts are not included in the test market and will never receive it. I may have to ask someone who can get it to send me one
  18. baby sinclair

baby sinclair New Member

From what i hear the dvd is pretty much sold out everywhere so you'll just have to wait till october.
  19. gbrobeck

gbrobeck Member

My Wal-Mart never carried it in the first place. :(

Greg
  20. AndyL

AndyL New Member

I've been busy lately, so I havn't read this forum or even the headlines here recently, So when someone got me this disk for my Birthday this week I was suprised to see that it lists all three of the first three episodes on it, They hadn't skiped one afterall! YAY!
    (I havn't actualy watched it yet, some things can't be rushed!)

I guess I have to eat my words a bit. The Fraggle DVD situation, while still not quite perfect, looks a lot more hopefull than I had thought. (YAY!)

-Andy