Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Season 2

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder for those of you who can't wait for the release on Tuesday, you can hear all of the songs from Fraggle Rock Season 2 including the Jerry Juhl tribute of "Follow Me" now on Muppet Central Radio.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Well I can't wait for the release, but I don't wanna spoil it for myself by hearin' the songs already! :stick_out_tongue:

(I can't listen to it here at work anyway, lol)

But yeah, MC Radio is great!

MWoO

Reaction score
One thing I love about the fraggle dvd sets is that they have great extras. According to the review this set comes with another replica book. I love that feature. Plus you can ONLY get it by buying the set, unlike other extras that could be copied and downloaded in some way.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Whoopee, I got my Fraggle Rock Second Season DVD Boxset in the mail today.

It is as great as I had hoped.

I have so far only watched the bonus disc which is great. The new interviews talking about season 2 is great, and it was great to see the ''All Around The World'' music Video, I own the 7" vinyl and the picture disc but didnt even know about the music Video. I did however find the 20 International Matt segments a bit boring and long, probably because Matt segments are not my best bits of any Fraggle Episode.

I did enjoy the Docs and Sprockets segment, especially of interest to me was the hunt for which lighthouse to use for the UK spot, I visited the lighthouse earlier this year so it was interesting hearing about there search in a helicopter.

Steves home Movie is also great viewing, Thanks Steve for sharing it with us fans!!

While watching this set however it dawned on me that something is missing?? The Fraggles?? Most Muppets DVD's have the Muppets introducing the Extras etc, it would be great to see new footage of the Fraggles for these DVD's!!?

The Replica Book is Great. I love the early drawings of the Fraggles and seeing how they changed, this is most apparent with Matt and Jnr Gorg!! The text and ideas are also nice and how they slightly altered. It is however different to the book pictured on the back of the box, on the box the book is spiral bound and in 'landscape' format??

Other very small differences that I noticed are on the actual box, the 'spine which holds the plastic DVD pages is a thick white sticky tape, part of the double-sided tape was hanging over the edge and sticking to the flap which held the book. It also makes turning the pages and keeping them open harder than with the clear tape in S1. Also the top and bottom of the box has a lip where it has been folded, on season 1 there is no gap as the cover is totally glued all round the box. Finally, season 1 has a matt finish to the rock area of the cover, with the Fraggles and the logos is embossed gloss. The season 2 cover is totally gloss, and the embossed doesnt seem so bold!!

All in All though another fantastic set from Hit, they certainly take time to get this right, and it works. Another fun filled very colorful Fraggle set, it looks great displayed next to season 1.

All I need to do now is watch the 24 episodes included, hopefully we will see Season 3, with one of my favourite eps, so far not on DVD ''The Bells Of Fraggle Rock''.

Chris

Emosewa

Reaction score
Gahh I feellike such an idiot. A music store here is already selling it! I happened to go in because my dad went to pick up a cd, and they had it. It was so expensive I was sure I could get it cheaper at another store, so I let it pass. I'm going there tomorrow and getting it! ^_^

CommanderD

Reaction score
I'll have to ask for it for my birthday then. That "around the world" featurrette should be interesting. Let's hope my parents pick up my (usually not-so-subtle) hints. :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, I preordered mine some time ago from the Amazon link Phill provided. I can't wait!

Emosewa

Reaction score
Wee I have Season Two now. ^_^ I'm soo happy. I love the little pitch book, though some of it is rather interesting information hehe.

getup

Reaction score
so i was wondering...why isn't this set in any of the sales papers for this coming week? what's up with that. i don't know where to buy it...what to do...what to do...

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
getup said:
so i was wondering...why isn't this set in any of the sales papers for this coming week? what's up with that. i don't know where to buy it...what to do...what to do...
You should be able to find it in any Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.

I'm wondering why there seems to be no advertising too. No tv commercials, magazine or newspaper ads, nothing. Unless you search for it on the internet, I'm not sure you could even know it's coming...

:confused: