Your Thoughts: Kermit's Swamp Years: TV Airings and Opinions

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, like, what? I should rent it first? I don't have cable, and with some critical reviews here, I think I should take a look at it before I think of buying. I saw some clips in a preview in a Target store, and I don't know quite what to make of it....Nyeah-hey!!!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>So, like, what? I should rent it first? I don't have cable, and with some critical reviews here, I think I should take a look at it before I think of buying. I saw some clips in a preview in a Target store, and I don't know quite what to make of it....Nyeah-hey!!!

I'd say rent it first. But Shhh! Dont say anything bad about it before ya see it or after, otherwise youll get stomped and flamed by a couple of individuals. It seems expressing any dissent or distaste for something JHC is a big no no on here to some.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

Its not at all, Theres really just one kinda 'rule' about it.

You gotta see it before you criticize it!

See ya

towels

Reaction score
Re: Cory,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Its not at all, Theres really just one kinda 'rule' about it.

You gotta see it before you criticize it!

See ya
I'd also think constructive criticism is more likely to be respected than jumping forum to forum wailing about how bad it is.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Re: Re: Cory,

Originally posted by towels
I'd also think constructive criticism is more likely to be respected than jumping forum to forum wailing about how bad it is.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAA!!!!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Well, like many of you I had initial preconceptions of KSY(ya cant tell me ya didnt:wink: But go to Headlines, as I set the record straight on KSY dvd!

you all can flame me, Im only one of th elongest standing MC members here. But just be forewarned...I have one of the truthful and delightful KSY dvd reviews out there!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Well, I just got done watching KSY, and basically, I don’t like it. Now it’s been awhile since I’ve been the age of the target audience, but I found it very boring. In the beginning, I loved the interaction between Goggles and Croaker, and I was rather optimistic that this might not be so bad. But then it not only goes downhill, but it flies right off a cliff. It seems like time has stopped, and they’re doing the same thing over and over again. “I give up.” “No, I believe in you.” “Wow! I can do it!” “That’s great, but now I give up.” “No, can’t you see? I believe in you.” Super. I believe in you guys too. Let’s move on shall we? Or do I have to give up first? I can’t remember how this goes (this brings me to another rant that I have. There seems to be some unwritten law that children’s movies and shows have to have no less than 4 “believe in yourself” moments. I’m waiting for “Kermit’s Swamp Years II” where Kermit decides that he’d rather be a lizard and starts hanging out with the wrong crowd. Goggles and Croaker hate Kermit. Kermit gets into trouble and realizes that his friends were right and different people suck, and he should stick with his friends FOREVER and never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever try to make new friends).

Then there were the human actors. I’m not even going to go there.

As for the rest of my review type thing, I have just a few nit-picky things, but I don’t care. I wanna complain (you’d be grumpy too if you felt like you just wasted an hour of your life).

--What time period did this take place? Kermit was supposed to be what, 12? So that makes Kermit now what, 12.5 or 13?

--You guys have great eyes. The only “fan goodies” that I could find was the Henson mailbox (it doesn’t take a genius to find that one) and the sign in the pet shop that says, “Nelson” or something like that. I know there are more. I just don’t want to look THAT hard.

Actually, I had a few more, but I can’t remember them. I just can’t do it! I was not meant for writing reviews! I give up!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>The only “fan goodies” that I could find was the Henson mailbox (it doesn’t take a genius to find that one) and the sign in the pet shop that says, “Nelson” or something like that. I know there are more. I just don’t want to look THAT hard.<<<

Hey, I like that word, 'fan goodies'! heh Yeah the fan goodies were mostly small background stuff...Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, and Jerry Juhl were referenced, along with Sam and Friends. IT could just be me but I picked up a ton of obscure references and nods. Nobody mentioned it but the two penguins are in it as well!
(along with retro Statler and Waldorf, Foo Foo, and Tales from the Bunny Picnic Muppets)

The human actors...yeahhh. But oh well. I loved the Muppet segments, the human actors take away from it a little.

But man, what did you think about the behind the scenes and blooper reels? Those to me(along with that GREAT pet store video) are reason enough to get this!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
But man, what did you think about the behind the scenes and blooper reels? Those to me(along with that GREAT pet store video) are reason enough to get this!
Unfortunately, I haven't located a DVD yet. What I have is recorded from Starz.

I still want to rent the DVD. Not for the movie, but for all of the the little extra things (because Jackie says that they're great, and Jackie's just right about these things)...