1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Your Thoughts: Kermit's Swamp Years: TV Airings and Opinions

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

Foz....Remember in the movie when Kermit & is froggy friends run in to a farm and Kermit see's a pig and he says somthing like..LOL... "I hope I never see one of them the rest of my life" (i have it on dvd):D ;)
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Now that's FUNN-EE!!! HAA!!

:o
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

the best part is watching for references....

like the box that said Goelz Enterprise (or something like that)

a Animal key chain...

and the outtakes.....HILARIOUS!!!

You got us lost....YOU LOSER...

and my fave

my weak knees.....

oh yeah i also liked

how did i get in here?

haha

Sarah

ok so the movie isn't the best, but i liked it more than most....of course i'm a sucker for sickingly cute (unless it's elmo!)sure it wasn't the best...but i don't think it was NEAR as aweful as some people have said
  4. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I agree totally, Sarah. It's not the best thing out there, but it ain't no Disney direct-to-video cheapquel! And, it really isn't as bad as some have made it out to be on here.
  5. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

now bow down to me!

Sarah
  6. LadyHyde

LadyHyde New Member

My favorite parts were-

Kermit comes face to face with a Young Jim Henson
    Middle-Aged Statler and Waldorf
    And the Outtake-
    Goggles:"Waitaminnit, EVERY SCENE'S A NUDE SCENE!":concern:

But I think this was supposed to take place in the mid-60's.....
  7. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

The time discrepancy bugged me. It was set in a modern setting from what I remeber. And what was with the Wizard of Oz references through the whole thing? The parts with the puppets were great. The aprts with the humans were aweful. And I also didn't like the Rowlf reference. That made no sense. Were they saying that Rowlf was a real dog and got turned into a muppet? Made no sense.
  8. wockawocka

wockawocka New Member

I didn't think it was the best, but it was funny, and it was cute, and who couldn't like a movie with the loveable muppets in it?! I thought that the outtakes were the best part, and I really enjoyed the characters, even if I didn't really like the whole plot.
  9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I liked it and it was a little dumb in parts

The dogs name was rowlf and so thats where the young jim henson got the name from is the dog. thats All I wanted to say and that I liked the movie and I have it on DVD. :D
  10. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

My favorite part, like most people's, weas the outtakes. They were just so wqacky and goofy and-Muppety. Now if only the REST of the movie had been like that...
    *Sigh* :sympathy:
  11. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

Eh

It wasent the best thing thr JHC has put out, but it was good (But it had the voice of the dog that I cant stand, she seems to play alot of diffrent caracters now rugrats, Clifford, Barbie repunzle it sounds like a chain smoker and my little sisters of cource watch all of these and it drives me nuts!!!) but it was funny in a kid sorta way :) ;)
  12. crazy ernie

crazy ernie New Member

Wizard of Oz was the first movie that Jim Henson saw
  13. GonzoPimp

GonzoPimp New Member

Kermit's Swamp Years

I know this is old news, but I just really have to vent right now. Why and How does Kermit the Swamp Years suck so much? The SFX was terrible, the story was a snoozer, the characters nothing special, and it was aimed at kids! Thats not the way it works. I love the Muppets but I'm sick of them sucking do-nuts! Also, since I'm on this rave, am I crazy or should they have NOT made Gonzo an alien. Why do all the new muppet movies dissapoint and frustrate?

:boo: :boo: :boo:
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

*cowers* I think it was to introduce a new generation of kids to the muppets....and I kinda liked it.....not as much as VMX!!!! but It wasn't horrible...that's a harsh word

*dodges muffins*
  15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Wrog, horrile is too light a word to give the film. It was detestable, unwatchable, sick, sad, stupid, the puppets looked aufull, the actors (apart from Mary), where so un hip it is a surprise their bums didn't fall off, sorry but it was not good.
  16. jediX

jediX Active Member

Meh, the punk version of Rainbow Connection at the end by Me First & The Gimme Gimmes was pretty neat (that band rocks lol).
  17. Beauregard

Yeah, but that is the only good of the whole darn thing.
  18. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I was going to get the DVD of swamp years to complete my collection of Australian muppet dvds available in Australia which currently stands that at 3 including swamp years. I am thinking twice whether to get the DVD now, is it that bad?

the trailer I saw of it didnt look that great but I will get it anyway I think.

from,
    Paul :)
  19. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here are the reviews from last year...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/tv-film/ksy.shtml

My opinion is that sometimes we can make the mistake of thinking of this as a Muppet movie (like the first film or Caper) when it really isn't a "movie" at all. It's a direct-to-video release like Muppet Classic Theater not a full-length feature film. I think we all agree it could have been better, but expecting a full-blown Muppet movie may not be the best approach since it is not really accurate.
  20. Beauregard

In my opinion it is worth getting for the sake of it, but brepare to be dissapointed.