Your Thoughts: Kermit's Swamp Years: TV Airings and Opinions

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Pepe is a distinct possibility for an action figure since Palisades has the rights to Muppets From Space and Muppets Tonight. I'd count on it, "okay". People have been predicting he will come in 2003 or early 2004. :smile:

And don't worry, I say "y'all" all the time. So now there's two of us!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
just have to say I dont know if I will see KSY or care to.anyway I really hope the new muppet show isnt made just for kids OR geared towards adults.I hope it's a family show.

danielromens

Reaction score
taken for what it is, i.e. a kids movie, I think it was good. as for a movie for adults, well it's a kids movie.

Joggy

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
quote:
The new Muppet Show will be something new and edgy but will have classic elements. It is still in the formative stages, but it will likely be for a more adult audience. I wouldn't worry.
That's what they said about Muppets Tonight... And ever since, everything they did with the Muppets turned out to be "not what we wanted it to be." I really doubt that this new Muppet Show will be anything like the old one.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by danielromens
taken for what it is, i.e. a kids movie, I think it was good. as for a movie for adults, well it's a kids movie.
I think kids deserve better movies than that. :smile:

Joggy

Reaction score
Kermit's Tongue

I'm not sure if it was this thread, but Jackie and some other people stated they hated to see Kermit catch a fly with his tongue, whereas he said in the Muppet Movie "The tongue goes and you can't catch flies."

I've been doing some research on this subject and my conclusion is: you guys should all have to hate The Muppets At Walt Disney World. You actually see Kermit catch and eat some mosquitoes. Okay, you don't see his tongue, but he still catches those bugs!

In a Dutch interview with Bart de Graaff which I sadly do not have, Kermit (and Gonzo!) demonstrated how to catch flies with your tongue, and in a BBC interview that I do have, Kermit gives the following answer when asked how long his tongue is: "It looks small, but when I catch flies it sortta zips out and gets really long. But I won't do that here since some people may find it rude on TV."

So, that's one less reason to hate KSY.

If you'll excuse me, I gotta practice my fly catching. *slurp!* Darn. Missed.

Jackie

Reaction score
Re: Kermit's Tongue

This is why I admire Joggy. He gives reasons and facts! I still hate the fact that Kermit uses his tongue, I probably won't like it in the Muppets at Walt Disney World either :smile:

Joggy

Reaction score
Re: Re: Kermit's Tongue

Originally posted by Jackie
This is why I admire Joggy. He gives reasons and facts!
Uhm... roughly translated, I'm one of those scary, highly obsessed freaks who don't even need to check their video collections to have a fact ready. :big_grin:

I still hate the fact that Kermit uses his tongue, I probably won't like it in the Muppets at Walt Disney World either :smile:

Jackie, think of it this way. If Kermit didn't get his tongue fixed, he would have starved even before he would have left the swamp...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
well Jackie here's one more reason to HATE KSY, No, i'm just kidding but here is food for thought.

In the beging of the Muppets go to Walt Disney World kermit is bringing the muppet gang to an anual frog festible and bug fry and there are many other frogs there...Where are Goggle's Croker and bloch? (not even made of felt yet or even in the thoughts of the human minds) but really, i think of it as a family picnic with distent family members cosins "harry,larry,mary,terry,berry, and emmy lou"

this is why kermits mom,dad brother's and sister's and freind's aren't there, plus it's a BIG swamp and there are MANY frogs...

Kermit just opens his mouth to catch the mosquitoes, he can open his mouth can't he? no reason to hate the Muppets at Walt Disney World, besides it's what's he does in TMM! " oh, Darn i missed" besides Dom suggest's that Kermit could get his tough fixed anyways.

and look how the other frogs catch flies, the same way in the muppets at Walt Disney world and in in KSY during the "life as a pet song" in the pet shop the line is,

*Rabbit*"no more getting squooshed on a bumpy road! all the flies you can eat! *Goggles* but what's in it for a toad???"

you can see behind the rabbit and goggles in the tank the other frog's are catching flies the same way, without tougnes, and beside we have to remember that these are muppet puppets not cartoon characters, it's the only way!;-) you don't even see the tougne come out of kermit's mouth in KSY, it's off sreen, so that's kinda cheesy, i mean we DON'T see it come out of kermits mouth at all, it's a rip off!

There are MANY facts to consider here, look at one of the TMS ep's Juliet Prowse...Kermit say's that the first thing to go in a frog are his LEGS! when in TMM he says tougne!

at first i was kinda ticted at the tougne in KSY, but now i have a little more ease with it.

Zack) Rowlf the, do you need your tougne to go bobbing for stink bugs?Dog.

wolfy

Reaction score
Kermit and tongue

Oh, I don't know...seems to me that tongue from Kermit would be kinda sexy, don't you think? :stick_out_tongue:

Okay, okay! Children around, don't get crazy!

While KSY wasn't the best thing since TMM, I will give them some good credit for trying, but I DO agree that the human actors (aside from the children of all things; the adults were B-A-D!) were just horrid!

And that Mr. Wilson...WHERE have I seen him before?

I mean, okay, he reminds me of the crazy helicopter man from Mel Gibson's "Max Mad" movie, but it's not him, right? Just someone that LOOKS like him...

Personally, I feel that the humans should have been (excuse the pun) fleshed out a bit more...

Perhaps if Kermit gave them some tongue lessons? Thirty lashes with a froggy tongue? Whhhhackkkooo!

"What do you do with a froggie tongue? Just WHIP IT (ka-whoo!), yeah, WHIP IT!"

--wolfy--

slinking off before Phillip shoots her with a sticky tongue...