1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Muppet Monopoly Collector's Edition

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 30, 2003.

1. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

All those images are excellent! It looks so great! I'm so excited to get one:excited: Great Job to Derek and everyone involved!
  2. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Let me reach into my hat and pull out a good crack for this one.
  3. Movies205

Movies205 New Member

So will it feature bean bunny? [​IMG]
  4. Monopoly Guy

Monopoly Guy New Member

Concerning Bean Bunny:
    :o Unfortunately, Movies205, Bean Bunny doesn't show up in the final game. There's SO MANY Muppets both old and new and we tried very hard to incorporate as many of them as we possibly could into the game, and I knew that there would probably end up being a few that we'd forget or wouldn't make the cut. Unfortunately, Bean Bunny was one character that, to my knowledge, never came up in our meetings. Sorry. :(

Concerning "Muppetopoly" vs. "MONOPOLY: Muppet Collector's Edition":
    I'm not totally knowlegable about our legal dealings with Hasbro, but I think our contract with them actually would forbid us from trying to make an "opoly" clone. Also, I doubt we'd want to just make a simple "opoly." Sure, we'd get to design more, but on the flip side we'd have to design more. :p We'd have to go out of our way to try to make the game as similar as possible to Monopoly without infringing on anything Habsro specifially owns. Why go to all that trouble when we already have the rights to making an OFFICIAL MONOPOLY game, which has the brand name recognition of MONOPOLY, "America's favorite board game"? Besides, don't you think the Muppets DESERVE an official Monopoly game and not just some cheezy knock-off? ;)

Concerning Rowlf on the box top:
    Actually, I believe it was Henson that specifially asked for Rowlf to be that size on the box top. Throughout the submittal process, Henson was VERY specific about things like the scale of characters in group shots we assembled (as well they should be).
    By the way, kudos to frogboy4 for assembling such a cool collage of the various game element images I submitted to Muppet Central!

Concerning "Monopoly Guy":
    Actually, I believe my "official" title at USAopoly is "Graphic Designer." It just to happened that, since I'm such a big fan of the Muppets, I was able to make suggestions on the game while it was being developed and many of those ideas stuck!
    For the article here on Muppet Central, I inserted the nickname "Monopoly Guy" simply because I wanted people to understand that it was written by one of the two people from USAopoly who have been posting on the boards here about the game, and previously I hadn't given my real name.

Derek
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Cool! So you're the guy who put the whole [visual] thing together! Great stuff. Inserting Pepe on the board was a great idea. Did that come from Henson?

We all know the weird decisions Henson's art department has made over the past year concerning the action figures: bulimic Miss Piggy, neon green Bunsen and they almost had Palisades release a yellow Lew Zealand! It's no surprise they wanted Rowlf low in the frame. :sympathy: It still looks fantastic. This game nicely markets to the mainstream without leaving out the fans. In fact, we get lots of goodies! Thanks to all who worked on it! :)
  6. Movies205

Movies205 New Member

Poor Bean Bunny but that cool, I can't wait to get my hands on it!
  7. Grandmaster C

Grandmaster C Member

Wow...

I gotta say that game looks great. I've always been a Monopoly fan, and having the Muppets featured in a Monopoly game is really cool. :D

Kudos to Monopoly Guy, and everyone else who worked on the game cause it looks great. :cool:
  8. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking! :D
  9. Monopoly Guy

Monopoly Guy New Member

Actually, frogboy4, I'm ONE of the graphic designers who worked on the game. I mainly worked on the deed cards, Chicken/Penguin cards, money and platform, while Okay?Okay! worked on the game board and box top. As for your question about "inserting Pepe on the board"... I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Thanks to everyone here for their compliments on the game. I can't wait to hear your feedback once you've all got the game in your hands. It's awesome to hear you guys getting just as excited about the game as we at USAopoly are! :D
  10. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I think that what Jamie (Frogboy) means is that in the picture on the board (The one were Fozzie was excluded from) originally did not have Pepe but now he's on there. Although Pepe was added to the picture for the GBA game "on with the show" so Henson might be the ones reasponsible for this but if Henson could add Pepe I see no reason why they (Henson) didn't add Fozzie, i think there'd be perfect room for him beside Sam.

this picture i think was taken to promote Muppet Fest, which Fozzie did not appear at, neither did Piggy (actually she did but as a video thing) and neither did Animal so i might be wrong but that might be why Fozzie was not in the picture (was Sam originally in the picture also?).
  11. Monopoly Guy

Monopoly Guy New Member

As far as I know, no one was added to or removed from the group picture in the game board center by any of us; it came that way from Henson.
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah nothing wrong with having "Monopoly Guy" in there as well, just some website members don't read the forum so they would have been totally clueless that you did all that great work on the actual game too. The design on the game is pretty fantastic, well done - so i'm in the UK so i wouldn't know but does USAoploy games play exactly the same as Monopoly aside from the different themes ? I'm getting confused there.
  13. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

That was the image used for MF, and that's why Fozzie isn't on there. As far as I know, Pepe was always part of the image, but I'll have to double-check the next time I'm back at my parents' in IL.
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The Henson designers must have added Pepe in the group picture. They did a very good job. Much better than the floating head Piggy that appears in so many pictures. (That's a running joke around here - Many classic Muppet pictures have been recently "updated" by awkwardly sticking a modern head on Miss Piggy.) It's actually kind of amusing. To show you I'm not crazy, here's the original sans-Pepe image. http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/muppetfest/pics/mf_175.jpg Somebody added him to the right of Animal. Don't know who did it, but it was a good choice. :)
  15. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Hmm. Since they added Pepe, then it is odd that they didn't add Fozzie. Just for the heck of it, they should have given him Piggy's floating head. LOL!
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

"Hey, you're only supposed to play with your own head!" ;)
  17. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

18. Okay! Okay?

Okay! Okay? New Member

Kudos To Monopoly Guy, Frogboy4 and Philip

Its time to play the game now....Its time to have some fun!!!!

Derek did a fantastic job with his contributions to this game, and wrote a great article, almost entirely from the point of view as a fan. Frogboy4 i love the collage you did on the splash page, its very engaging to the viewer.

So as far as the art goes, yes MonopolyGuy and Frogboy4 are correct in saying that most all of the sizing and inclusion/exclusion of characters in images was directed by Henson. This being said, we tried really hard to get some fabulous imagery into this game and also to include some that may not be seen in other places. In fact, getting just the right image for the Penguin card spot and card back was near IMPOSSIBLE, though as you shall see, the final image is a real gem.:flirt:

We were also able to include some characters that were suggested not to include for various reasons, so the mix of those actually in/on the game is very exciting.:crazy:

I hope you all enjoy the game when you finally get a copy, which could be starting this week!!! Feel free to chekout our other great games at
    USAOPOLY.com

So long for now, and hapy playing!
    Okay! Okay? :rolleyes:
  19. Monopoly Guy

Monopoly Guy New Member

Luke, the game play of Monopoly: Muppet Collector's Edition is exactly the same as any other official Monopoly game. The same thing goes for all the different versions of Monopoly made by USAopoly.
  20. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

What I find strange about the original group shot is the fact that Sam was added but Fozzie wasn't, i mean i understand them not adding Frank's characters since he wasn't present but i do understand why they added Piggy, how can you have a group shot without Piggy and in a way she did appear at MF also Animal didn't appear (as far as i know) but i still understand the inclusion of him but what i can't understand is why put in Sam instead of Fozzie.

Rix toys used the same image for their Muppet Cards tin set and included both Fozzie, Scooter & a Chicken but Fozzie just seemed way to far fromn thew actual group shot, anyway i'm not complaining it's much better than the one they were using of Kermit, Piggy,. Fozzie, Gonzo & Animal, which apparantley appeared on almost everything, the Game Boy Colour game, The Muppet CD, The Muppets Take Manhattan & The Very Best of the Muppet SHow Vol.2 (UK).

Anyway i still like the picture but i think Henson should have added Fozzie in their somehow like they did with Pepe.