Your Thoughts: Muppet Monopoly Collector's Edition

Movies205

Reaction score
I love it but my only question is, do we get to see bean bunny anywhere in the game?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Monopoly Guy! Again I think you and your company did a FANtastic job on this game, It's understandable about the four squares as I remember you telling us about in the other thread when some one suggested the jail cell be Statler and Waldorf box.

I really like that newer photo of the Muppets on the box, it was just kinda weird of Henson to leave out Fozzie in that shot, but it looks perfect for the game board!

I have a question concering the cover of the box, is it the one with Kermit Piggy Fozzie Gonzo Animal and Rowlf on the front with the red curtain like background or is it the just the kermit and Piggy with the shots of the game parts in the background? You stated Rowlf was on the Cover of the box so i would asume it's still that rather then the photo shown on the muppet central home page.

Thanks!!!

Zack)Rowlf the, :smile: Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I composed the Muppet Central main page image from box images and pieces inside. It never states that it is the box cover. Guess it was an assumption because the image is so darn good! LOL! :wink: Although the use of a little deductive reasoning would dictate otherwise. :smile: The actual cover can be seen inside the article linked to the main page. http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/053103.shtml

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I composed the Muppet Central main page image from box images and pieces inside. It never states that it is the box cover. Guess it was an assumption because the image is so darn good! LOL! Although the use of a little deductive reasoning would dictate otherwise. The actual cover can be seen inside the article linked to the main page.
LOL! Well I asumed cause it looked like the shape of the box, it is very good mind you that Jamie:wink:but I do like the the real cover better cause it has Rowlf and everyone;-) but Thanks for the clear up!

Zack,

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Um...the image wasn't supposed to be the box nor would I want to alter the original box (except maybe make Rowlf a little bigger to be in proportion to the other characters).

We wanted to do something a little different for the main page. Most everyone here has already seen the box, so we wanted to show the game pieces too. I'm surprised so many fit into that tiny image.,

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jamie your getting me all confused! But that's alright, LOL! I mean they way the photo is set it's a simaler retangler shape like a Monopoly box, ya get what I mean?:smile: I wasn't sure if the image was blown up, so I though this was a new cover for the box, I was just saying that "IF" it were a new cover, I would have perfered the old "real" one meaning the one that really IS the cover, not meaning your was a mock cover, it's just the shape of picture on why I thought that, that's all.

Zack)Rowlf the, Jamie your getting me all confused! Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You originally said that you "liked the real cover better" but the image wasn't supposed to be a cover in the first place. I replied to clear that up.

The actual box is quite a bit longer than the main page image. If we were to use the cover image in those proportions - both Rowlf and Fozzie would be almost entirely cut out. I get what you're saying anyway, just doesn't add up to me because they are quite different proportions. Oh well, it's in a Muppet fan's blood to be overly nit-picky. :wink:

WiGgY

Reaction score
About not being able to change certain things due to the contract, why not simply go with Muppetopoly so you could do whatever you wanted? (That was for Monopoly Guy)

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Oh well, it's in a Muppet fan's blood to be overly nit-picky. :wink:
Bang on cue, can i make a suggestion for whomever it concerns ? Isn't it important and fair to readers to point out the person writing the article is connected with the company ? Calling him just "Monopoly Guy" could suggest he is just a fan/expert - far better to use his official title. When you print things written by those with an interest but don't point it out - it can seem confusing to some, and making it clear has the added advantage to MC that people can see the company making the game has a good relationship with the website.

Great picture Jamie, you did beyond excellent putting that together, goes well with a lovely article too.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Luke,

That's a valid suggestion. I have updated the article. Thank you.