Your Thoughts: Muppet Monopoly Collector's Edition

Beauregard

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the name of the person behind bars is? I heard today that he is called Jake the Jailbird!!! (pity they couldn't put a bunch of monsters in there, and Patrol Man bear in the policeman place.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
So tell us did you win? Was it fun? Are the cards fun-ieee as Fozzie Bear would say?
I rarely win - on occasion I will - but my wife gets mad at me if I make to much of an effort. Thinks it will scar young minds if we don't let 'em win most of the time.

Yes, it is very fun - Monopolyguy and his cronies did a good job...

Reaction score
QUESTION

Hi Monopolyguy I have a question.....

Do you know if ToysRus is going to be selling it?

I have a feeling they won't be but I figured I would ask any way. I have a gift certificate from there and figured I would put it to good use.

Plus I just wanted to compliment you and everyone that worked on this game. It looks outstanding!:excited: I would love to do design work on something that fun. So I am slightly jealous.

Keep up the great work!

Heather :halo:

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
Heather Feather, I know for a fact that Toys R Us won't be carrying it. Our games are typically sold just through specialty stores, places like Barnes & Noble and Virgin Entertainment.

Thanks to everyone for their compliments on the game! I'm SO excited for this game to show up in the hands of fans like all of you and I'm anxious to hear your comments after playing it! :smile:

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Hey Monopoly Guy,
Everything looks amazing. Am being restrained about it for one reason.
I thought Id wait untill september and be given one for my birthday.
*climbs up some walls*
Jamie

Kermielovah

Reaction score
Monopoly on order

I found the Muppet Monopoly idea awesome and Dad has already ordered it for me for my birthday. I can't wait. he's afraid I shouldn't open it though...collector's item and all. What does everyone think?:concern:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Kermielovah, remember "Toy Story 2." Toys and games are meant to be played with. Do you really want to look back on all those "fond years" of staring at a box you couldn't open? And whether or not something will become valuable is always impossible to gauge. I have a bunch of Star Wars figures that I bought and never opened, figuring their value would skyrocket. They're worth maybe a couple of dollars more than when I bought them. Do you want to deprive yourself of playing the game for something that might only increase slightly in value?

I'm not picking on you. I'm just saying: open your game and have fun. :excited: If you're really that interested in trying to make money off of it at some point in the future, ask another relative to buy you the same game, and you can keep that one preserved for all time.

Hope that helps. Happy playing, and let us know what you think of it!

Kermielovah

Reaction score
Chilly Down,
You are right, I can't wait to play. I need someone to play with me. I already thought about duping someone else into buying it for me. Making my list of candidates now...