Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
http://www.hulu.com/watch/49470/a-muppets-christmas-special-a-muppets-christmas-letters-to-santa

There the other link for anybody who missed it in the US!

Just caught it and I have to say that I really loved it! It was just as good as the last one to me and I really liked that one. This one is just as good in it's own way. The plot did sort of just creep up on me a little too fast. It just sort of showed up without waring. And I though that Miss Piggy was out of character. She wouldn't have been so selfish and she would have helped her friends out, too. It was kind of short but felt it had a fair length. About how unreal a lot of it seemed, well I really liked that about this spacial. I really liked the surreal-ness of it all! But I thought it was fun, enjoyable and perfect in my opinion. Thought all the voices were really good. Scooter needs a little work in the voice department, but I believe David will hit the nail on the mark. Will that is me. I have to agree that Fozzies singing was so dead on that I couldn't not even tell the difference between Eirc and Frank.

Dobie

Reaction score
The special was good, not great. As Kermit said in the 'interview' it's a special, not a movie. I'm sure more effort would be devoted into songs, jokes, and plot in a full theatrical production.

I was really heart broken that the 'I Believe' song was not featured. It seemed it was so appropriate to many of the scenes, and is far and away a better song than any of the ones sung here. It is not available as a single on iTunes, or Amazon. In fact, the only way I can hear it is through a youtube search, and the feedback of the parade wranglers makes it a less than professional track. Is it possible that the people at Disney are going to sit on this (or do they even own it?)

Anyway, I loved the 'I Believe' song sung by Kermit. If anyone knows if something else is going to come of this, please let me know.

Reaction score
"I Believe In Santa Claus" song

Hello, Dobie,

The song, "I Believe In Santa Claus" is being played on Muppet Central Radio (click "radio" on the masthead above) from time to time, sans all the commentators' commentary.

If you have Total Recorder on your computer, you can catch it that way and save yourself a digital copy.

Carrie

ploobis

Reaction score
Me and the whole family really enjoyed this New Christmas Classic!

I didn't think it was too short. After all, It was a special not a movie.

Paul Williams songs were great. I really loved Gonzo's role in this movie, It was nice seeing that he had a good friendship with Claire.

This special had great cameos too. Cameos are a Muppet tradition! I loved Nathan Lane in this!

I still wish I knew who was preforming Floyd and Robin though.

So anyway, I really enjoyed the special and I think we'll be watching year after year. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The special was good, not great. As Kermit said in the 'interview' it's a special, not a movie. I'm sure more effort would be devoted into songs, jokes, and plot in a full theatrical production.
You know? I was just gong to point out that there is a difference between writing and composing songs,/scripts for a movie vs. doing them for a television special. And I think that was the case especially with the songs.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I didn't like seeing Santa. The Christmas Eve on Sesame Street approcah was always my favorite. Keep him omnitient; otherwise you keep seeing a different Santa in EVERY OTHER CHRISTMAS SPECIAL and then the illusion becomes tarnished, if not destroyed. Not only that but the casting was off for him. Somebody find me Charles Durning!
I agree that although I liked them showing Santa just fine they could have gotten someone better to play him :smile:

The whole Santa/faith being real or not: that whole mess on here was ridiculous, you guys are turning a molehill into a mountain. Come on, who cares if someone believes in Santa or the idea of Santa? Everyone should be allowed to believe what they want; don't mess with other people's faith in things no matter what you think. Saying Santa is a down right delusion is just like the whole thing where people argue that someone's idea of God isn't real. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist on some level. If believing in Santa teaches people to be warm and kind and caring a little more during the holidays, why call it a delusion or diss it so much. Stop being a Scrooge and spend your efforts giving toys to the Salvation Army or doing community service or something. I think that just blew way out of proportion on here and people just need to get over themselves.
Well, it's not so much the issue of Santa as the heart of Christmas, and how one sees it. I was just trying to clarify what some of us in the 'I believe in Santa' camp base our feelings on, that's all. It wasn't to toot my own horn, or overblow things, mainly just to show that there is some (adult) logic behind it and I didn't need to be hailed off to a chorus of 'They're coming to take me away." :wink:

Anyway, I loved the songs, I think they are the best I have heard in a tv muppet show for a long time :smile: