Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I'm actually brining my daughte up to the school I work at so we can watch it tonight.
If you didn't get a chance to see it click the link below

http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_More/Happy_Holidays/video/episodes/#vid=890222

Also I checked IMDB and It said that John Henson did the voice of Sweetums. There are also Credits for Kevin Clash doing Clifford, Brian Henson doing Sal, and one for Bean Bunny but I don't remember seeing any of them in the special.

So maybe there is some extra footage that got taken out in the final cut.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Ok i'm kickin myself for this one...

I've been doing this new thing where i don't expect much of anything and when something great happens (which really turns up most of the time) i enjoy things much better... this time i failed. I expected too much of it.

I came here way too late and really dont have time to read every page of this thread... so please just take anything i say as my opinion.

First... i should say that i did enjoy watching it... and was happy to see Gonzo being a big character. Not that hes my favorit... but it was unexpected and i enjoyed it. I enjoyed it more then i didn't like it.

Second... theres nitpicky things i can list... but i'll only go for the big things. I really thought that getting into the muppets was a hard thing. They have this HUGE fan base... and they ruined some characters by their casting. Scooter isn't himself in this one. I really am turning into an old man who doesn't like change... but i really wish they kept things basic... sorry for jumping around... His voice is somethin i can get used to... but his character isn't him anymore and a huge part of that is the writers fault.

Lew zealand (the worst place to be when spelling getting a muppet's name wrong lol) needs someone who can sound alot more like him. I was disscused with this casting choice.

Waldawrf and Statler... Their jokes were worse the Fozzie's for once. I honestly didn't like 1 joke they had... and they always had hard hitter's in the past... ALWAYS.

And the WORST thing that got to me was Gonzo's change. What happened to him enjoying daring things? When gripped to the plane he was scared for his life. Falling... which he often loves... was another thing that made him scream. What happened here? Did anyone else notice this?

Like i said... i dont have time to go in the back pages and read all the comments... so please dont feel you have to repeate yourself... just look at this as venting :smile:

But i hope they're not using the same writer's for the feature film

Xerus

Reaction score
I thought this was very good. I liked how Gonzo was the star of this film again.

And how Beauregard made a quick appearance even though he didn't have any lines.

It's about time something good happened to Beaker when he got himself a girl.

And having Paul Williams write for them makes it almost feel like old school Muppet stuff again. :smile:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
ok after venting... i read some of the posts...

i have to stick up for the movie to make balence of my negitive words...

Kermit... ok yea you say hes all caring now more so then back then when chickens were hitting the fan (just for a pun i'll add the WAH WAH WAH like nbc). Kermit was fine. He, in every movie... comes to a point where he wants to give up... but realizes once again what good that does... and turns things around for the better. I saw this when he was going back into his apartment after talking to Gonzo... Kermit has no negitive feedback from me.

Sam the Eagle... hes another one that really did well... when others didn't like him.

Miss Piggy being selfish in this movie? I complained alot... but not about her for a reason. I really feel that they did keep her character. She turned around at the end and that too was GREAT.

Pepe... i didn't care for him in the past... like someone mentioned... he was put there in our faces and we were forced to like him... for that.. i never did. But that changed with this special. I didn't feel that he was the center at all... but just followed along and i LOVED that. I like him now. Not because of that... but because i dont feel that hes a focus character.

As mentioned... Gonzo did GREAT. I read that someone was upset and wanted him off to the side... i think for anyone to be in his spot for this movie... it shoulda been him. I dont feel that hes the BEST character either... but he did perfect here. Kermit couldn't because of the same reason someone else complained. Kermit can give you the shirt off his back... but he needs that push. Gonzo doesn't need that push because hes daring and will do anything. He said "i need to deliever this" and he did. Kermit, as mentioned... didn't believe in it at first till Gonzo gave him that push... and it was excellent.

So... there... not everything was bad about this movie... IMO...

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
WOW! i loved it (after it was over Muppet Central.com wouldnt let me on...alot of traffic i take it lol) I taped it and watched it right after...and I am right now lol :smile: loved it loved it..even my dad called me during telling me he and ma was watchin it :smile: I loved the opening song (as we seen on NBC.com) was there 2 Fozzie puppets or was i just wanting to think that? Also NOT big parts but Teeth, Flotd, Janice, Zoot, Rowlf, Crazy Harry, and Robin all said somthing, and that made me HAPPY...tho i didnt like Robins voice at the end when they where singing. But im glad he did talk tho! :smile: I LOVE Kermit and the gang on the wing of the plan hahaha...funny! also at the end after it had the Muppets Studio logo there was a "Walt Disney Studios" logo after it too!

Muppetplus

Reaction score
I enjoyed this muppet special. It had a lot of heart, and was also humorous. My parents also enjoyed it. It was nice to see a lot of old friends (the Electric Mayhem, Scooter, Robin, Lew Zeland, Rowlf, Crazy Harry).

However, the plot did seem a bit too kidyish. Pepe sounded a bit different. Also, whatever happened to Gonzo and Rizzo as a team? Don't get me wrong, Pepe and Rizzo make a great team. In fact, I would like to see Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe as a three man... I mean three muppet team.

Also, if you compare this to classics like The Muppets at Walt Disney World or The Great Muppet Caper, those are adventures that the whole muppet gang go on, and there is plenty of screen time for almost all of the characters. In this special, the more popular characters get most of the attention, and the other characters have very little to do.

Overall, this special was still good, but it could have been longer.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. Here are my thoughts. I won't say too much here since there's not to much to say that hasn't been said in thirteen pages of posts. But anyway, I think it's a good idea to have Gonzo as a main character. After all, Kermit was the main character in IVAMCM, so I guess they couldn't think of much more they could have done with him. I do agree with whoever said it was out of character for Gonzo to not like flying like that when he usually enjoys doing daring stunts. I also think they could have done more with Piggy though. Her appearance here does seem to be lighter than it was in previous Muppet specials/movies. They could have shown part with her heading to the Carribean or something like that. As for David's Scooter, I think that needs improvement. He often sounds a bit too much like Baby Bear. About his Janice, well since she didn't have a lot of lines it's still hard to tell. Anyway, I liked this overall. I'll probably think of more to say later on. As for the cast list. Let me see if I can't figure this out.

Steve Whitmire: Kermit, Rizzo, Beaker, Statler
Eric Jacobson: Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Sam the Eagle
Dave Goelz: Gonzo, Bunsen Honeydew, Zoot, Waldorf
Bill Baretta: Pepe, Bobo, Swedish Chef, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth
John Kennedy: Floyd
David Rudman: Scooter, Janice, Robin
John Henson: Sweetums

I don't know who performed Crazy Harry though. Also, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Robin sounded like either Drew Massey or Victor Yerred to me (I can't tell which one is which).

And, I love the line in Gonzo's song: "That special place where the good guy lives and the best intentions start."

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I do agree with whoever said it was out of character for Gonzo to not like flying like that when he usually enjoys doing daring stunts.
Thank you!

Also, I agree with Oscar Fan... i think that song was REALLY good. The rest of the music was a blur to me. I'll have to rewatch it. But someone mentioned that the music was horrible... i have to say tho that Gonzo's song there was great.