Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If you listen to Gonzo and Fozzie's song they say that it really has noting to do with the man or something like that. that it is the joy of Giving. thats what it really meant to me anyways.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
If you listen to Gonzo and Fozzie's song they say that it really has noting to do with the man or something like that. that it is the joy of Giving. thats what it really meant to me anyways.
I totally agree.

Plus it seems odd to me that people think it's too "out there" or whatever to have Santa as a real character in a world where a frog plays the banjo, a bear tells jokes, a pig sings and wears make-up and they all ride bikes. I don't really see how having Santa as a real character is going to far and makes this special seem too much for children, :rolleyes:

MWoO

Reaction score
Music: A-
Script: C
Humor: B-
Regular Performances: A
Recast Performances: C
Puppet Design: B-
Holiday Joy: A
Muppety Quotient: B

Overall: B-
Which recasts are you talking about? The ones starting in this special (meaning Janice, Scooter, Robin, and Floyd), or do you include Eric and everyone else in there?

I agree that Robin was pretty lame, seemed more like a generic kid voice than Robin.

Scooter's first scene was awful while his second seemed performed better. It doesn't sound like Scooter though. I was much happier with Brian as he seemed to go all out and just take on the role with a fairly large part, which i liked.

To me Floyd was nicely done, but missing some of that smart *** personality Floyd always had.

MWoO

Reaction score
I totally agree.

Plus it seems odd to me that people think it's too "out there" or whatever to have Santa as a real character in a world where a frog plays the banjo, a bear tells jokes, a pig sings and wears make-up and they all ride bikes. I don't really see how having Santa as a real character is going to far and makes this special seem too much for children, :rolleyes:
The believability is restricted to the universe in which the characters live. Superman is an alien from krypton with crazy god like powers, but if you put Santa in a superman movie it becomes silly. Same applies here.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The believability is restricted to the universe in which the characters live. Superman is an alien from krypton with crazy god like powers, but if you put Santa in a superman movie it becomes silly. Same applies here.
I see what you mean and it makes sense. But I think the Muppets are allowed to be more "silly" than say Superman. Which is why I don't find putting Santa in this movie silly. They also met Mickey Mouse in "Muppets go to Walt Disney World" and I never heard anyone say that was silly. So I'm just saying I don't see why Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo riding with Santa's slay comes off too kiddy and silly or however people wish to put it. Just my opinion

Redsonga

Reaction score
I see what you mean and it makes sense. But I think the Muppets are allowed to be more "silly" than say Superman. Which is why I don't find putting Santa in this movie silly. They also met Mickey Mouse in "Muppets go to Walt Disney World" and I never heard anyone say that was silly. So I'm just saying I don't see why Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo riding with Santa's slay comes off too kiddy and silly or however people wish to put it. Just my opinion
I agree, it's not silly at all :sympathy:. I mean Kermit and his fiends live in the same world as SS, not our world exactly if you want to swear by the Santa isn't real faith :wink:. I think believing in Santa is not just a 'kid' thing in the first place though, and showing Santa is not a bad thing...But Santa is coming to Town is my favorite Christmas cartoon :wink:

MWoO

Reaction score
Well I thought them meeting Mickey was silly.

It comes off that way because Santa is strictly for children. No adult pretends Santa leaves them presents under the tree. Seeing adults in the special believe Santa does this, especially the way they believed, makes them come off as childish.

MWoO

Reaction score
I agree, it's not silly at all :sympathy:. I mean Kermit and his fiends live in the same world as SS, not our world exactly if you want to swear by the Santa isn't real faith :wink:. I think believing in Santa is not just a 'kid' thing in the first place though, and showing Santa is not a bad thing...But Santa is coming to Town is my favorite Christmas cartoon :wink:
How can you say believing in Santa is not just a kid thing? Seriously, I can't even begin to understand that. Please explain.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well I thought them meeting Mickey was silly.

It comes off that way because Santa is strictly for children. No adult pretends Santa leaves them presents under the tree. Seeing adults in the special believe Santa does this, especially the way they believed, makes them come off as childish.
I didn't :smile:...

*sigh* Oh dear, dear...Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus
..it is not childish at all, not as long as there is faith.

MWoO

Reaction score
I didn't :smile:...

*sigh* Oh dear, dear...Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus
..it is not childish at all, not as long as there is faith.
Ok...you KNOW there is not a Santa Clause. It's one thing to believe in the spirit of giving and being kind, but come on....you KNOW there is not a Santa. This is not something I should even have to say.

Not to be a Scrooge but children have faith in Santa because adults tell them to, not because there is a Santa.