Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Since I have a hard time trying to spot her, I just have to ask where in the film Trumpet Girl appears. I thought she might be in the background of the Dublin tour, but I could be wrong about this.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know the old saying is don't judge a book by its cover, but I have the DVD cover art is terrible. It looks bootleg... that's how bad it is, it looks like a bootleg DVD: the cover art looks like something some guy whipped up in Photoshop, printed it out, then slipped it into the case.
I don't even remember the last time Disney put out a decent cover art for DVDs. And they don't even keep getting better!

NathanEsser

Reaction score
Why on earth the extended cut was not included in the digital version. I just can't bare to see the movie without the scenes added in.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I know the old saying is don't judge a book by its cover, but I have the DVD cover art is terrible. It looks bootleg... that's how bad it is, it looks like a bootleg DVD: the cover art looks like something some guy whipped up in Photoshop, printed it out, then slipped it into the case.
We can complain all we want, and it won't get better. Though the MMW cover looks like a Picasso masterpiece compared to this.

Honestly, this would easily pass as a bootleg. Is this even allowed? It's basically the teaser picture that was used to tease the film like 2 years ago when the film had no plot or real images yet.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
WE'VE BROKEN INTO THE TOP 10 GUYS!! MMW is at #10 (the Amazon Instant Video) in "Movies and TV in DVD and Blu-Ray. Can we reach #1? Meanwhile the Blu-Ray is out of the top 100 at #105, and the DVD is #208.

Swordfry

Reaction score
2 things concerning characters:

1. Miss Piggy seemed really toned down in this movie. In every Muppet production, she acts like a loud, rowdy diva. She barely raised her voice in this movie.

2. Statler and Waldorf's increased involvement. These hecklers followed the Muppets everywhere. On the train, on the tour, and even backstage. I could not get used to seeing them in the back of the Muppet crowds all the time. They have always been integrated in clever ways throughout the movie such as just happening to be in the same park where the Muppets are doing a scene or musical number. Don't get me wrong, I want more of Statler and Waldorf, but this just seemed like an odd choice to me.

Plus, they were on the tour, AND part of the audience, continuing to heckle to acts from their balcony. So are they now officially part of the troupe and their acts? Or are they just filthy rich and determined enough to dog the gang at every step along their tour while still managing to snatch the best seats for every show? :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
2 things concerning characters:

1. Miss Piggy seemed really toned down in this movie. In every Muppet production, she acts like a loud, rowdy diva. She barely raised her voice in this movie.

2. Statler and Waldorf's increased involvement. These hecklers followed the Muppets everywhere. On the train, on the tour, and even backstage. I could not get used to seeing them in the back of the Muppet crowds all the time. They have always been integrated in clever ways throughout the movie such as just happening to be in the same park where the Muppets are doing a scene or musical number. Don't get me wrong, I want more of Statler and Waldorf, but this just seemed like an odd choice to me.

Plus, they were on the tour, AND part of the audience, continuing to heckle to acts from their balcony. So are they now officially part of the troupe and their acts? Or are they just filthy rich and determined enough to dog the gang at every step along their tour while still managing to snatch the best seats for every show? :smile:
Some would argue that #1 is good; Piggy doesn't need to always be a loud, rowdy diva.

#2 confuses me as well. Technically speaking, all the other movies have been movies where the Muppets are playing characters essentially. This movie and the last are technically the first to take place in the universe outside of the movies.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Where does Trumpet Girl appear in this film? I'm beginning to think she's not in this film. The only ones I know of that were in this film were Mahna Mahna, The Snowths, Beautiful Day Monster, Quongo, Afghan Hound, Crazy Harry, Beauregard, Bobo, Uncle Deadly, Lew Zealand, and Nigel the Conductor, but not Trumpet Girl.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Where does Trumpet Girl appear in this film? I'm beginning to think she's not in this film. The only ones I know of that were in this film were Mahna Mahna, The Snowths, Beautiful Day Monster, Quongo, Afghan Hound, Crazy Harry, Beauregard, Bobo, Uncle Deadly, Lew Zealand, and Nigel the Conductor, but not Trumpet Girl.
Who cares?