Your Thoughts: Puppet Up Special on TBS

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm with you 100%, tutterfan....I REALLY hope they re-aire it......

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
So Paul Rugg is a Muppeteer now? Wasn't he the one who did the voice of Freakazoid and a few other Spielberg cartoon characters?

And I see some of you all saying "this was a good first show", so I take it my asumption was correct about there being more? The promos seemed to indicate more.
Paul Rugg did the voices AND wrote those Spielberg cartoons. I believe he was one of the writers of "Late Night Buffet" too. I heard he wanted to be a part of the improv group, so he learned how to be a puppeteer. Pretty cool stuff. :wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh, how I :heart: my record button! :flirt:

I taped it, and watched it... three times so far. Really great stuff!

"It was... about... nothing."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
Paul Rugg did the voices AND wrote those Spielberg cartoons. I believe he was one of the writers of "Late Night Buffet" too. I heard he wanted to be a part of the improv group, so he learned how to be a puppeteer. Pretty cool stuff. :wink:
Oh wow, that's so cool!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
He didnt really learn from Puppet-Up he also performed in other productions too, he also did stuff for Dinosaurs, and some other creature shop stuff. But this is the first time he really had speaking rolls.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
He didnt really learn from Puppet-Up he also performed in other productions too, he also did stuff for Dinosaurs, and some other creature shop stuff. But this is the first time he really had speaking rolls.
Paul Rugg??? Are you sure? Must check.

I know that's where Alan Trautman was from. Bill Barretta described him as the best animatronic performer ever.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Yeah, I don't think that's true. He hasn't been affiliated with Henson for that long. Here's his IMDB profile: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0749406/

As you can see, he hasn't done any puppeteering until recently.

Xerus

Reaction score
I thought this was a totally wild show. Especially with Brian Henson being the lead puppeteer. And it was surprise seeing voice artist, Paul Rugg, as part of the group.

And yes, a lot of those Muppets were used Muppets. I recognize the armadillo, orangutan, and some of the animals from The Animal Show.

And I thought the hot dog sketch was pretty funny too. :smile:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I did a big no-no, I mistakened Paul for somebody else.... never mind :smile: