Your Thoughts: Puppet Up Special on TBS

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have just one question: the whole show was supposed to be uncensored right? That's why they called it Puppet Up: Uncensored right? So, why did they still bleep out the F-word?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I have just one question: the whole show was supposed to be uncensored right? That's why they called it Puppet Up: Uncensored right? So, why did they still bleep out the F-word?
Well, the "Puppet Up! - Uncensored" stage show, the Henson Company and TBS are not above the FCC. :sympathy:

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
I only watched about half of it because I came in late and was tired, but there was definitely some very funny stuff in there. LOVE the bespectacled monkey! "The Man Who Shot the Dog" and the one where the director keeps telling them to do the scene over were terrific. Also loved the way the director kept exiting the shot. Funny how the show is "uncensored" but Brian cursed so much they had to bleep him (or however they did it)! My only problem with the broadcast was the incessantly repetitive commercials. I'd snatch up a DVD of this show in an instant just so I wouldn't have to sit through that Heineken commercial 12,846 times again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The director scene reminded me a lot of whenever they play "Hollywood Director" on Whose Line? where Colin Mochrie always yells at the others calling them "crap" all the tim.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I loved it! I definately hope they air more!! The George Michaels bit was hysterical and the storytime with the Man who shot the Dog!!

Great Job Everyone!!!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
You gotta have faith, faith, faith!

I think the best line in the entire thing, just because I didn't expect it, was when Brian has Billy the goat yell, "That's right you f***ing b****!!!"

Soooooo great!

I don't think they used Drew Massey enough. He was one of my favorites of the night. Him and Alan Trautman. How that guy never did anything more famous than Earl Sinclair's mouth is beyond me!

Victor was great, too.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi, everyone, I had mixed feelings about this special. First off, let me say I'm not a fan of Who's Line or that improvisational/sketch comedy format so that's just me and my opinions towards it. HOWEVER, I did like the variety of puppets used (though it seemed a few were used several times and it seemed they had lots back there to play with) and I think the performers were great. I've been a fan of Tyler Bunch for awhile now and I've worked with Victor Yerrid in the past so I'm biased towards them both :smile: But I think they all did a great job and it was cool that they showed the puppeteers working as well as the close shots of the characters. I thought Brian Henson was terriffic too. Overall a different kind of special, nice to see something different and original again though from the Henson camp.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I found one little preview clip on YouTube from ComicCon and it makes me sad that I missed the real thing! I laughed until it hurt with just four minutes!

I'm really hoping this stuff makes it off the ground, as well as the talk show!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
All I can say is that the show was HILARIOUS! I nearly cried because I was laughing so hard! This show deserves 5 stars for being something that doesn't come up too often! I hope they rerun the show again! That boob opera was so gosh darn funny! I just loved the show! I hope they do another Puppet Up episode! Now that's what I call HILARIOUS!!!!!