1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Puppet Up Special on TBS

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Phillip, Nov 20, 2006.

1. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I'm with you 100%, tutterfan....I REALLY hope they re-aire it......
  2. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

Paul Rugg did the voices AND wrote those Spielberg cartoons. I believe he was one of the writers of "Late Night Buffet" too. I heard he wanted to be a part of the improv group, so he learned how to be a puppeteer. Pretty cool stuff. ;)
  3. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Oh, how I :heart: my record button! :flirt:

I taped it, and watched it... three times so far. Really great stuff!

"It was... about... nothing."
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Oh wow, that's so cool!
  5. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

He didnt really learn from Puppet-Up he also performed in other productions too, he also did stuff for Dinosaurs, and some other creature shop stuff. But this is the first time he really had speaking rolls.
  6. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Paul Rugg??? Are you sure? Must check.

I know that's where Alan Trautman was from. Bill Barretta described him as the best animatronic performer ever.
  7. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

Yeah, I don't think that's true. He hasn't been affiliated with Henson for that long. Here's his IMDB profile: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0749406/

As you can see, he hasn't done any puppeteering until recently.
  8. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I thought this was a totally wild show. Especially with Brian Henson being the lead puppeteer. And it was surprise seeing voice artist, Paul Rugg, as part of the group.

And yes, a lot of those Muppets were used Muppets. I recognize the armadillo, orangutan, and some of the animals from The Animal Show.

And I thought the hot dog sketch was pretty funny too. :)
  9. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Whoops, okay. Thanks ((sorry))
  10. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I did a big no-no, I mistakened Paul for somebody else.... never mind :)
  11. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

It's all good.
  12. Rustin Allison

Rustin Allison New Member

I did enjoy this special. I thought that they could have left the "uncensored" part of the name off. I was expecting edgier humor because of that. Overall, I thought it was great... I enjoyed the mixing up of focusing on the puppets and showing the puppeteers. I just wish that they wouldn't have shown the host reacting all the time. I felt it was as though they didn't know what we should be laughing at.

Rustin Allison
  13. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

All I can say is, that in my post about the show, I should've used some CURSE words, but I was typing so fast, I forgot to do it!
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So yeah...any way someone will put this on video google or bittorent?
    Or can someone email me on how I can see this thing?
  15. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Ok, i honestly don't know, or recall them by name, most of those people you listed... (Ellen is excluted from the list of people i dont know) n though i've suspected that Nathan Lane was gay... is it true or do you suspect?

I was hoping this was a on going series... i havn't been able to watch the first or second week to find out.. i dont watch enough tv to remember to be at the screen for a certain time.

If anyone finds out about a dvd or anything posted on youtube... feed us that havn't seen this yet.
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

To quote my mother...
    Anyway, I've been watching my Puppet Up! tape a lot lately and I've noticed a few things; 1. it seems like Brian used the exact same voice for every puppet he worked, 2. Alan seemed to go for the crab puppet quite a bit, 3. Tyler seemed to really be under used, 4. The Director puppet seemed to be based on Colin Mochrie whenever he plays a director in a sketch.

Anybody else noticed any of this?
  17. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

I thought Brian used the same voice because he might have been sick or something......and wasn't able to do other voices.....

but I dunno
  18. Land Strider

Land Strider New Member

I wanted to chime in that I also thought PuppetUp was pretty great! I was excited to hear it would be airing after seeing a 5-minute clip at ComicCon and not being able to BREATHE for that 5 minutes! The clip we saw, however, I think was taped at a different performace, which makes me ask if there are going to be more episodes of this?? This seems to be a regular performance in LA, so I would LOVE to see more televized. Anyone have an address at TBS we could write to requesting that?
  19. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

I just think Brian doesn't have much voice range in general. Most of his Muppet characters sound the same to me. ;)
  20. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

I believe all the performances have been recorded.