Your Thoughts: Puppet Up Special on TBS

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Due to techincal difficulties, I had to miss this. I AM SO MAD! I knew it was on, but everything possible went wrong and as such, no improv for me. :frown:

I'm with beaker. Someone put this on YouTube or something!! I really want to see it. I was SO PUMPED. New JHC stuff doesn't come around often enough.

Frogster

Reaction score
Some of it seemed somewhat painful... like a trainwreck in a way. I mean, there were a few funny parts here and there, but it was always right before the commercial that it seemed somewhat akward. The host was bad... not a fan of that guy... he looks like a gay Benjamin Linus.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Paul Rugg is a Muppeteer now? Wasn't he the one who did the voice of Freakazoid and a few other Spielberg cartoon characters?

And I see some of you all saying "this was a good first show", so I take it my asumption was correct about there being more? The promos seemed to indicate more.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Dunno if by "first show" we're implying that there "will" be more specials following this one. To my knowledge, all that's planned are webisodes on www.tbs.com starting in March of 2007 as GelflingWaldo reported.

By "first show", I think we mean that it was a good first effort, with the potential to generate more specials like it in the future if it were to come to that.
Hope this helps Snowthmeiser.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Frogster said:
Some of it seemed somewhat painful... like a trainwreck in a way. I mean, there were a few funny parts here and there, but it was always right before the commercial that it seemed somewhat akward. The host was bad... not a fan of that guy... he looks like a gay Benjamin Linus.
Improv is always hit and miss...and humour is a personal thing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Frogster said:
The host was bad... not a fan of that guy... he looks like a gay Benjamin Linus.
Patrick Bristow IS gay.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
By the way, was it just my imagination, or does Drew Massey sound A LOT like David Rudman?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not intending to start a debate but, just saw it for the first time last night. Not really my type of humor. ::shrugs::

D'Snowth

Reaction score
heralde said:
Not intending to start a debate but, just saw it for the first time last night. Not really my type of humor. ::shrugs::
I like edgy humor myself, I wouldn't mind making T*K*O a little edgier, but I have to stay on the boss's good-side!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe this special will be released on DVD soon. Most new movies and television productions get released on DVD shortly after they are shown these days. I wonder if a DVD would include any extra segments that might have been cut from the special for time, lack of being good, or being too risky for television.

For awhile, I had seen pictures of the hotdog puppets, which were originally used on City Kids. At first, I thought that hot dog puppets were too weird, even when compared with other talking food, but their sketch was really funny. I can't remember if that one hot dog actually lost it's arm during the performance or if it was missing before that.