1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Puppet Up Special on TBS

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Phillip, Nov 20, 2006.

1. heralde Well-Known Member

Oh I love edgy humor. This just didn't grab me. ::shrugs::
  2. MrsPepper Active Member

You can make it edgy, Snowthers, just not trashy. There is a fine line and it's hard not to cross, and I don't like cheap laughs. **shrugs**
  3. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking, Mrs P.

Of course, don't want to rain on anyone's parade. If you like it's that's fine. It's just a TV show.
  4. Barry Lee Active Member

(Wow, I am surprised by everyone's positive reaction, but anyways, I love raunchy humor, so I loved this)

WHEW. This was tooo awesome. I absolutelly loved it. The Theme Song. The translation sketch (HILLARIOUS I seriously cried), the George Micheal one was pretty hillarious as well, Poop Vs. The Angry Tourists? Wow. I also loved the fake boobs opera, anything about boobs is funny too me... ((sigh)) I seriously wish this was longer, sometimes they were trying to be funny (for example: the game show sketch) but besides that, I absolutely LOVED it. I seriously would love to see more on television, but I am soooo excited about the web-series. (SQUEELS for "Puppet Up!")

I'm just glad they didn't "f*ck it up." (sigh) :zany:
  5. MrsPepper Active Member

Mmm hmm!! For the record, though, I haven't seen this yet. Technical difficulties, remember? **sobs** I was talking about humour in general. ;)
  6. JJandJanice Active Member

I thought it was really funny, :) .

Good stuff.
  7. beaker Well-Known Member

This is the Muppet fan community, noone likes to share programs(historically speaking) unless ya have something to trade or have money:(

They can get as edgy as they want, Disney owns the Muppets now.
  8. TheJimHensonHour New Member

thats cause he is he's a clone dun dun dun!:concern:
    well yea I don't think the guy could make it anymore obvious lol
  9. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

And this is a rarity for me to be able to tell because my mom usually has to point something like that out to me (that's how I found out about Dick Sargent, Paul Lynde, Nathan Lane, Ellen DeGeneres, Charles Nelson Reilly, Lily Tomlin and several others... dang I'm so naive). Besides Patrick, the only other time I've been able to tell someone was gay was the photo shop guy who fell for George in an episode of Seinfeld.
  10. TheJimHensonHour New Member

hah I never saw that episode. I do tend to wonder about Brian Henson but I don't think he is not that it matters either way though.
  11. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

I Thought i was really not that funny. kinda disappointment
  12. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I have just one question: the whole show was supposed to be uncensored right? That's why they called it Puppet Up: Uncensored right? So, why did they still bleep out the F-word?
  13. GelflingWaldo New Member

Well, the "Puppet Up! - Uncensored" stage show, the Henson Company and TBS are not above the FCC. :sympathy:
  14. Tim Kelly Member

I only watched about half of it because I came in late and was tired, but there was definitely some very funny stuff in there. LOVE the bespectacled monkey! "The Man Who Shot the Dog" and the one where the director keeps telling them to do the scene over were terrific. Also loved the way the director kept exiting the shot. Funny how the show is "uncensored" but Brian cursed so much they had to bleep him (or however they did it)! My only problem with the broadcast was the incessantly repetitive commercials. I'd snatch up a DVD of this show in an instant just so I wouldn't have to sit through that Heineken commercial 12,846 times again!
  15. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The director scene reminded me a lot of whenever they play "Hollywood Director" on Whose Line? where Colin Mochrie always yells at the others calling them "crap" all the tim.
  16. travellingpat Active Member

I loved it! I definately hope they air more!! The George Michaels bit was hysterical and the storytime with the Man who shot the Dog!!

Great Job Everyone!!!!
  17. Super Scooter New Member

You gotta have faith, faith, faith!

I think the best line in the entire thing, just because I didn't expect it, was when Brian has Billy the goat yell, "That's right you f***ing b****!!!"

Soooooo great!

I don't think they used Drew Massey enough. He was one of my favorites of the night. Him and Alan Trautman. How that guy never did anything more famous than Earl Sinclair's mouth is beyond me!

Victor was great, too.
  18. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone, I had mixed feelings about this special. First off, let me say I'm not a fan of Who's Line or that improvisational/sketch comedy format so that's just me and my opinions towards it. HOWEVER, I did like the variety of puppets used (though it seemed a few were used several times and it seemed they had lots back there to play with) and I think the performers were great. I've been a fan of Tyler Bunch for awhile now and I've worked with Victor Yerrid in the past so I'm biased towards them both :) But I think they all did a great job and it was cool that they showed the puppeteers working as well as the close shots of the characters. I thought Brian Henson was terriffic too. Overall a different kind of special, nice to see something different and original again though from the Henson camp.
  19. sarah_yzma Active Member

I found one little preview clip on YouTube from ComicCon and it makes me sad that I missed the real thing! I laughed until it hurt with just four minutes!

I'm really hoping this stuff makes it off the ground, as well as the talk show!
  20. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

All I can say is that the show was HILARIOUS! I nearly cried because I was laughing so hard! This show deserves 5 stars for being something that doesn't come up too often! I hope they rerun the show again! That boob opera was so gosh darn funny! I just loved the show! I hope they do another Puppet Up episode! Now that's what I call HILARIOUS!!!!!